Call of Duty going back to WW2

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank god, I refuse to buy any of this futuristic nonsense and still play COD ghosts instead. I hope it has no flying, wall running and other stupid things and sticks to realistic warfare.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I prefer MW over all but ill take WW2 over future garbage.

Correction I loved MW1 MW2, it began to go off rails for me on 3. My heart though always goes back to Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2 (WW2).

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correction I loved MW1 MW2, it began to go off rails for me on 3. My heart though always goes back to Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2 (WW2).

I liked those but the whole MW series is beloved to me. Even ghosts was awesome IMO.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you ok?
Lol, what was wrong with ghosts? To me it was just modern warfare with a peek/slide feature added and new maps. I never liked trey arch because they always seemed to have large battlefield style maps (world at war specifically) but anything infinity ward did and all the MW series were amazing.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was bad. You are the first person I have heard that liked it. Weapons sucked, maps sucked, their attempt at a zombie type level sucked. It was just bad.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was bad. You are the first person I have heard that liked it. Weapons sucked, maps sucked, their attempt at a zombie type level sucked. It was just bad.

I didnt have any zombie stuff, maybe in expansion? I liked a lot of the maps and had a single gun that I loved, if I got you in my cross hairs the 3 shot burst would drop you every time. Have tons of hours into that game, to me it was just MW with a new skin :shrug:

I'm down to play it tonight if you want to relive the maps :biglaugh:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didnt have any zombie stuff, maybe in expansion? I liked a lot of the maps and had a single gun that I loved, if I got you in my cross hairs the 3 shot burst would drop you every time. Have tons of hours into that game, to me it was just MW with a new skin :shrug:

I'm down to play it tonight if you want to relive the maps :biglaugh:

:mulli:

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey I have Ghosts! lol

I dont like COD, but I am a huge WW2 buff so I already pre ordered this.

If there are futuristic weapons I'm gonna be bummed. So much good stuff to choose from in WW2.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey I have Ghosts! lol

I dont like COD, but I am a huge WW2 buff so I already pre ordered this.

If there are futuristic weapons I'm gonna be bummed. So much good stuff to choose from in WW2.
I imagine it will be era specific weapons. I wonder what the killstreak perks still be

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm really bad at call of duty. I just dont have the reflexes to compete with these gamers. Half the time I'm dead before I even spot my enemy.

Which is probably why I enjoy team games like Overwatch more. It's better for me to have a job than just general; KILL EVERYONE!

Let's put it this way, if this were The Matrix 3, I would be the kid that ran bullets out to the mech, not the guy in the mech. :)

Tho I have been practicing with the snipers more because I do want to play that new call of duty. It's funny because nobody can give you advice on a video game. I ask my friends all the time how to get better at aiming and they're just like; idk, git gud? lol

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm really bad at call of duty. I just dont have the reflexes to compete with these gamers. Half the time I'm dead before I even spot my enemy.

Which is probably why I enjoy team games like Overwatch more. It's better for me to have a job than just general; KILL EVERYONE!

Let's put it this way, if this were The Matrix 3, I would be the kid that ran bullets out to the mech, not the guy in the mech. :)

Tho I have been practicing with the snipers more because I do want to play that new call of duty. It's funny because nobody can give you advice on a video game. I ask my friends all the time how to get better at aiming and they're just like; idk, git gud? lol

Time investment is all that will improve it. That and learning the maps. I am pretty good but I spent a lot of time back when ps2 first went live playing online shooters.

a LOT of time.

I like team deathmatch and mostly avoid games like capture the flag and etc :)

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I dont care what the setting is, I just wish we'd go back to COD 4 type game play.

Its has become so cluttered with the customization and tags and verified kills and specialized air drops and packages, and etc.. The screen just has too much on it.

I need a map and a gun. Nothing else. Ill have fun all day.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont care what the setting is, I just wish we'd go back to COD 4 type game play.

Its has become so cluttered with the customization and tags and verified kills and specialized air drops and packages, and etc.. The screen just has too much on it.

I need a map and a gun. Nothing else. Ill have fun all day.

I think the verified kills is only a certain mode. I am a fan of the air strikes and etc I just want them to rid of wall running, flying and all the fake stuff. I like my call of duty to be more of an action arcade simulation than a science fiction movie.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think the verified kills is only a certain mode. I am a fan of the air strikes and etc I just want them to rid of wall running, flying and all the fake stuff. I like my call of duty to be more of an action arcade simulation than a science fiction movie.

Most fans agree. Futuristic games surprisingly dont fair well in FPS. Halo being the exception.

The psychology behind it, I read, is because we appeal to things we can relate to. Since we cant relate to wall running and jet packs, its less appealing than simpler Counter-Strike type stuff.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this doesnt look like multiplayer as they claim but still, more video

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to understand why there is hammering in the gameplay?
Did you play battlefront at all? The game mode is similar to a mode on there where each team has an objective. One team is trying to rebuild the railroad for some reason and the other team is trying to stop you. I believe as you fix sections, you travel to a new part of map to create more sections. Something like that.

https://gamerant.com/call-of-duty-ww2-new-war-mode/

Sledgehammer Games boss Michael Condrey recently spoke with GamesRadar about Call of Duty: WW2 and described the War mode as a “series of objective-driven conflicts.” That sounds an awful lot like Battlefield 1’s Operations multiplayer mode, where players must push their way over a battlefield to conquer the entire map.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen