Buccaneers at Cardinals gameday thread 12-25-22

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
now 1-12 in their last 13 home games.
You cannot minimize just how much it pisses MB off that this team cannot win at home. Are they really 1-12 in their last 13 home games? Just wow! That alone is reason to fire someone. Even crappy teams tend to win about half their home games. When your franchise is in a transient area, it’s an absolute must that you win home games.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Coaching coaching coaching!!!

Reason #1 this team lost this game was Klownsbury getting cute & calling a toss play on 3rd & a 1/2yard!!! Especially to a rookie you rarely use. Stupid!!!

It was no different than the dozen of other times KK has called a great play in a crucial situation and our guys fail to execute it. He can't call the plays and go out there and run them himself. Our guys seem to be losers in that regard. They just mess up more than they get it right.

That reminds me so clearly when I was coaching years ago and went nearly the whole game setting up our opponents D so I could run this one great play I had designed and practiced all week that would win the game for us. Finally the perfect time and situation late in the game came, and everything set up perfectly, but dang if the QB and WR didn't muff the hand off. I still remember the sick feeling when I watched them screw that up after practicing it to perfection all week. Dang, that is frustrating to no end.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
No, he had space, probably would have had about five yards before getting contact. I do agree with you and the soft zone though
It’s not as wide open as you believe or that ive rewatched. The DE was pretty much unblocked, LB Davivid was running free parallel with Ingram & another edge guy stoned the TE at the LOS. It would’ve been close given Ingram isn’t the fastest or best cutback RB.

Ok which is the better/best option to pickup pickup a 1/2 yard on 2 downs? A QB sneak/straight ahead RB run or a toss sweep with no pulling blockers? And the least risky option of a possible fumble? A straight QB sneak/straight ahead RB run or an counter reverse toss play?

I’m sorry bro but imo it’s a stupid stupid call with a chance to ice the game.

Buckybird

Reaction score
Why people blaming the playcall toss to Ingram? Showing confidence in his guys. Playing with confidence was the only reason Cards were in that game.
With a new inexperienced QB making his first career start & a seldom used rookie RB? A chance to basically clinch the game? Did it work or did it backfire? Nuff said

Buckybird

Reaction score
It’s not as wide open as you believe or that ive rewatched. The DE was pretty much unblocked, LB Davivid was running free parallel with Ingram & another edge guy stoned the TE at the LOS. It would’ve been close given Ingram isn’t the fastest or best cutback RB.

Ok which is the better/best option to pickup pickup a yard on 2 downs? A QB sneak/straight ahead RB run or a toss sweep with no pulling blockers? And the least risky option of a possible fumble? A straight QB sneak/straight ahead RB run or an counter reverse toss play?

I’m sorry bro but imo it’s a stupid stupid call with a chance to ice the game.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Phew I thought we might win there for a minute.

I thought we played tough. We went to OT with Trace McSorley and the worst injury record in the league.

Can't really complain at that.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I thought we played tough. We went to OT with Trace McSorley and the worst injury record in the league.

Except TB is just an awful team.. shocked their record is what it currently is at 7-8. They’ve scored over 21 points just 3 times this season. .. and 2 of those 3 times were in losses.

Pretty wild to be even at 7-8… insanely soft schedule in the weakest division in football.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Also.. fun fact, TB has played 4 playoff teams all year. They got waxed by 3 of the 4, only beating the Cowboys in Week 1.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Our weak DBs lost this game for us. I think they play scared. They don´t have any confidence to try and see ahead of time what is being run and act on it. It´s like they are afraid of looking bad by guessing wrong.

That last TD that Brady threw to his RB was so obvious what he was going to call. As soon as I saw them lineup with the RB to Brady´s left, I was yelling at the CB to come up and stop the play in the backfield. But instead of ´listening to me´ he played back 5-7 yds off the LOS with no chance to stop a swing pass to the back. Why don´t these guys listen to me?

I´m 74 yrs old and seem to have more playing intelligence than these young men have most often. How could they not see that play coming? A smart CB might have even fooled Brady and if he timed it right come up and intercepted that pass in the backfield for a pick 6.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I am recovering from a crappy flu myself, and unlike Keim I actually prepared with a shot to no avail
I got you both beat. I have pneumonia and been in hospital most of last week. Think I will be going back since I still can´t get my breath and have little if any oxygen circulated to my extremities. My legs are so weak I can barely take two steps, and then can´t seem to get a breath of air. Each time I start to fall asleep I am not sure I will wake up. I am very curious at this point as to what awaits me on the other side. I am actually anxious to find out. I wonder if I should bring my own utensils?

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I got you both beat. I have pneumonia and been in hospital most of last week. Think I will be going back since I still can´t get my breath and have little if any oxygen circulated to my extremities. My legs are so weak I can barely take two steps, and then can´t seem to get a breath of air. Each time I start to fall asleep I am not sure I will wake up. I am very curious at this point as to what awaits me on the other side. I am actually anxious to find out. I wonder if I should bring my own utensils?
Sorry to hear that… I hope you bounce back.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You cannot minimize just how much it pisses MB off that this team cannot win at home. Are they really 1-12 in their last 13 home games? Just wow! That alone is reason to fire someone. Even crappy teams tend to win about half their home games. When your franchise is in a transient area, it’s an absolute must that you win home games.
Yeah, MB is the same stupid ass clown that extended both time and Cliff for five years even though the Cardinals finished on a horrendous losing streak. MB is a bigger problem. Until he sells, this team is going nowhere. But since he likes being a big shot, NFL owner or condemned to years of this crap.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
It should have, but our guys cannot execute simple assignments. Don't get me wrong, I want Kingsbury gone along with Joseph, but I do not see what else they could have called in this game to give the team any better chance of winning with the limitations this team obviously has
Coaching is more than just play-calling… though, if that were Kliffy’s only role, he’d still be a massive failure.
A better, more NFL-legit head coach would’ve gotten his team the W last night, against a very bad Bucs team…

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
my head knew for the longer term they needed to lose, but the heart was rooting for the win. mixed feelings post game

a few things:

by games end, Marco Wilson being out hurt badly. I dont know if Christian Matthew will be a player or not, but its tough when you are down to him and Antonio Hamilton

i feel like Brady got 85% of his passing yards on WR or RB screens. Did any one of those throws go for less than 5 yards? So frustrating to see the Cards routinely throw those for 1 or 2 yards, yet other teams make them work

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take care SBF and get better :thumbup:

Reactions: PJ1

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose