Buccaneers at Cardinals gameday thread 12-25-22

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
Recordwide, tied with Denver for 3rd pick. I think we can get 3rd pick, maybe 2nd. Only fear is who’s making the pick. Hope there is a new GM in place, one who knows how to build a team through the draft instead of handing out large contracts to marginal, old guys who can’t stay healthy. We need offensive and defensive linemen, big, aggressive guys who can either open holes or plug them.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
no, but it didn’t win it either.
It should have, but our guys cannot execute simple assignments. Don't get me wrong, I want Kingsbury gone along with Joseph, but I do not see what else they could have called in this game to give the team any better chance of winning with the limitations this team obviously has

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
win or lose, you gotta like the effort. That is a very positive thing for the future. We played with basically our 2nd and 3rd string guys, like most of the year. Who do you blame for that? Hard to blame anyone.

Only complaint I have is same I have had in several games. You can't just keep dinking the ball on pass plays. You have to air it out to loosens up the D. How a coach doesn't know that is beyond me. One of the deep passes we threw was completed and the other would have been a TD if the QB would visualized the route and have thrown it to the inside.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Recordwide, tied with Denver for 3rd pick. I think we can get 3rd pick, maybe 2nd. Only fear is who’s making the pick. Hope there is a new GM in place, one who knows how to build a team through the draft instead of handing out large contracts to marginal, old guys who can’t stay healthy. We need offensive and defensive linemen, big, aggressive guys who can either open holes or plug them.

There are only 3 guys I like with that pick and don't have reservations about, Carter, Ringo, or Skoronski. And we could trade back a few spots and still get Ringo or Skoronski. I would be okay with either of those scenarios. I think Carter would put our D on another level.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No. Denver won’t win either of last two games.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are only 3 guys I like with that pick and don't have reservations about, Carter, Ringo, or Skoronski. And we could trade back a few spots and still get Ringo or Skoronski. I would be okay with either of those scenarios. I think Carter would put our D on another level.
Ringo isn’t good. There’s 3-4 CBs better than him in the draft.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It should have, but our guys cannot execute simple assignments. Don't get me wrong, I want Kingsbury gone along with Joseph, but I do not see what else they could have called in this game to give the team any better chance of winning with the limitations this team obviously has
“It should have?”

What plays did you see left on the field? I didn’t see anything obvious.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We’re big Chicago Bears fans next week. A win from them/loss from us, we’ll jump to 3 & they’ll drop to 4 due to their SOS being higher than ours. Pretty much guaranteeing us one of Anderson/Carter.

Just gotta hope Houston doesn’t go another direction & avoids a QB for some reason.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Coaching coaching coaching!!!

Reason #1 this team lost this game was Klownsbury getting cute & calling a toss play on 3rd & a 1/2yard!!! Especially to a rookie you rarely use. Stupid!!!

Reason #2 they lost was Blowseph who constantly plays soft zones (particularly with the game on the line) for the easiest of completions against the goat who was struggling to complete anything more than 10 yards downfield. Scored 3 of last 4 possessions. Stupid!!!

Coaching matters! Fire both of these inept coaches. Ugh

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
“It should have?”

What plays did you see left on the field? I didn’t see anything obvious.
Little things like if you are going to throw it up to Hopkins, put it in the field of play so he has a chance. I saw plays where Sorley had people open but as a coach what can you do when he is young and freaking out and you take what Dortch can get you and be glad they are not picks I guess. I would just like to see people make plays. Great catch by Brown but maybe stay in bounds and keep your balance, you are low enough to keep that balance. When the ball is tipped or in your direction, you intercept that pass

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Coaching coaching coaching!!!

Reason #1 this team lost this game was Klownsbury getting cute & calling a toss play on 3rd & a 1/2yard!!! Especially to a rookie you rarely use. Stupid!!!

Reason #2 they lost was Blowseph who constantly plays soft zones (particularly with the game on the line) for the easiest of completions against the goat who was struggling to complete anything more than 10 yards downfield. Scored 3 of last 4 possessions. Stupid!!!

Coaching matters! Fire both of these inept coaches. Ugh
I just do not see that as cute for what to me is a basic football play, I see a reverse, a bootleg or a screen as being cute or throwing deep. It is a freaking pitch, I just think a professional football player should be able to execute a simple pitch and the yardage was there

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
we've had so many players hurt, and players shuffling in and out over that last few years, I have no idea who our actual healthy starting 11 on offense and defense are. Do we even have a real starting lineup? When, if ever, did they all play together? I have no clue.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I just do not see that as cute for what to me is a basic football play, I see a reverse, a bootleg or a screen as being cute or throwing deep. It is a freaking pitch, I just think a professional football player should be able to execute a simple pitch and the yardage was there
Come on Jet a 1/2yard? We know damn well if it was a simple handoff or sneak & we gained nada Klownsbury was going for it anyway. It was a foolish decision. Hand the ball off to you best short yardage proven guy in Conner.

Imo Ingram would’ve got blown up & lost yards anyway.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Come on Jet a 1/2yard? We know damn well if it was a simple handoff or sneak & we gained nada Klownsbury was going for it anyway. It was a foolish decision. Hand the ball off to you best short yardage proven guy in Conner.

Imo Ingram would’ve got blown up & lost yards anyway.
No, he had space, probably would have had about five yards before getting contact. I do agree with you and the soft zone though