Boldin is no longer an elite receiver

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Ryanwb, Oct 12, 2009.

1. dogpoo32

dogpoo32 meh

Rolle is also an option. I hear he can chuck it pretty far, and he has some shiftiness.

2. jaguarpaw81

jaguarpaw81 Banned

No way IMO. I love your stuff on the P&R board, but this is insanity IMO. Maybe you've been reading too many of nidan's posts (jk nidan :D)

Try telling that to teams like the Redskins, Titans, Ravens, Browns, Jaguars, Chargers, Dolphins, Jets, Bills, Raiders, Giants, Vikings, Bucs, Rams and Niners. He'd be the #1 on any of them and is better than what most of them have had over the last decade or 2.

The criteria for being a legit #1 reciever is being in the top 32 at the position in the NFL. Q has been atleast in the top 15 from his first NFL snap.

3. Bobcat

Bobcat Registered User

I strongly disagree...!!!

BOBCAT

4. Ryanwb

Ryanwb Banned

Upon further review, he may no longer be even a top #2 in the league.

Basically he can no longer stay healthy and cannot hold on to the football. It will be interesting to see what his future holds. Again, the Cardinals played their hand correctly

5. Shane

Shane Current STAR Contributor

So what you are saying is that you wanted to bump this just to reiterate what you said in your very first post?

6. Ryanwb

Ryanwb Banned

Shoot,sorry about that, I know that in the past, you've referenced that you suffer from a low IQ, I'll use smaller words next time. I was just commenting that he has regressed further in only a few months. He is now the #3 option on the team behind Breaston and his future with the team is clouded. He is obviously in denial about the deterioration of his skills after his complete disrespect to Whisenhunt.

Does that make sense? I apologize, I can send you something in a private message to clarify. I'm all for the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, in fact I can champion your annual walk-a-thon for the Arizona Chapter this year. Send me a follow up PM, and we can work out the details. I read your Las Vegas team raised a fair amount of cash last year. I will put up a small wager to guarantee our team wins this year :)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  7. Shane

Shane Current STAR Contributor

:lmao:

Ryan are you off your meds?

8. lauraw

lauraw "Vincere, Aut Mori" !

Back again Mr Shane!! How are you and yours? If Boldin was a good lockerroom presence, hed be a good lockerroom presence, but is he? He won't even get a first round pick based on his stats so far, and I thought he'd go off this year too..

9. az1965

az1965 Love Games!

Boldin's numbers through first 8 games last three years:

2007 Receptions 33 Yards 355 (per game 71) TD 5 Missed 3 games (Season: 71, 853, 9)
    2008 Receptions 42 Yards 514 (per game 85.7) TD 8 Missed 2 games (Season: 89, 1038, 11)
    2009 Receptions 35 Yards 404 (per game 57.7) TD 1 Missed 1 game (Projection: 75, 866, 2)

2009 projections assume he will not miss anymore games.

10. Pariah

Pariah H.S. Contributor

No, if they'd played it correctly, they would have traded him this past off season. If you are correct and he's not even a top #2 WR, then they won't get value for him this off season and having him play out his contract here doesn't make sense because Breaston IS a quality #2.

I actually don't think you're right, but going on your initial assumption, "playing it right" would have been getting a second round pick for him 6 months ago.

11. 82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad 7 x 70

This...

;)

12. Doug

Doug B a n n ed WARRIOR

Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
    What a fickle bunch. Boldins got a ton left to show to this league.He's gonna go off on Sunday. You should NEVER bet against the Q.He'll make you look bad everytime.

Just like the bring in Matty posts.Warner always bounces back.Even Leinart said all of those interceptions were'nt on Warner.Thats the only other voice I need to hear on the matter.

Boldin is gonna have a great rest of the year.Hope we keep him through the rest of his contract and then let him go find his 9 million dollar salary elsewhere.Do Not take a fifth rounder this year for him.Its not worth what we'll get in play next season WITH Warner still at the helm.

13. Doug

Doug B a n n ed WARRIOR

Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.

The best offer we got for Q was a third round pick from the bears and that would'nt have helped us much in the future compared to what we're gonna get in the next 2 years of Boldin playing into the PLAYOFFS with Warner as the quarterback.

How soon some of you forget the 40+ yard catches he made in the playoffs last season. Order the new book Desert Storm its a great collective memerobilia of what happened last years and lots of pictures for those of you who don't read.

We also did'nt want to help a rival NFC team that could hurt us in da bears with Cutler.No Way.If the AFC had put up a better offer maybe a deal could have been struck,but it was'nt.We did the right thing.Only the future will prove it.PATIENCE!!!:D

14. Pariah

Pariah H.S. Contributor

For the record, I'm not being fickle. I thought we should have traded him this offseason. I don't think he's done; I do think he could be very effective as a team's #1.

If everyone respects Q as much as they say they have, his wishes to be traded should be honored, IMO. Plus, with his injury history, you knew there was a chance his trade value would drop this offseason, and worse, if we let him play out the contract, we won't be compensated hardly at all for his departure.

These aren't the days when Martay Jenkins is our best WR. We're very deep at the position (and very thin at others). I still think the best thing for the team would have been to trade him 6 months ago.

JMHO

15. Pariah

Pariah H.S. Contributor

We don't know what the offer was, only that it wasn't good enough for the Cards' brass. It's been speculated that it was a second.