Boldin is no longer an elite receiver

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Possibly one of the most awesome, tangential and insane threads on ASFN. For all who posted within, BRAVO!

Oh, Boldin's a stud. Deal with it, haters.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Possibly one of the most awesome, tangential and insane threads on ASFN. For all who posted within, BRAVO!

Oh, Boldin's a stud. Deal with it, haters.

:thumbup:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love having Boldin on this team and hope he's a lifer.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew he was going to have a big game, because dcr & I forgot to bring in our "Q" signs.

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
Q had a good game today but I could have been alot better had the ball been thrown his way more often.

I know on one deep slant he ran behind double coverage and Warner looked off just as Boldin came out the other side wide open with nothing between him and the endzone. I was screaming Boldin Boldin Boldin!!!

I think Kurt heard Dump Off Dump Off Dump Off!!!

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Q had a good game today but I could have been alot better had the ball been thrown his way more often.

I know on one deep slant he ran behind double coverage and Warner looked off just as Boldin came out the other side wide open with nothing between him and the endzone. I was screaming Boldin Boldin Boldin!!!

I think Kurt heard Dump Off Dump Off Dump Off!!!

Boldin was injured last year but this year he is healthy and certainly an elite receiver. Many teams would love to have as their #1 guy. I hope we can keep him but I doubt we have the money since we have deal with some of our lineman. We are loaded with receivers so it is logical that Boldin go if he insist on Fitzgerald money. We just flat out do not have the resources to sign all the guys we need to. Keeping our lineman is #1 priority.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Elite: n. 1.the choice or best of anything considered collectively, e.g. Anquan Boldin is among the elite of NFL wide receivers. ;)

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've managed to stay out for 11 pages, but after the very nice day he had today it's worth noting that while he may not be the hellish "linebacker on offensive wheels" that he was the first few years of his career. He's still an upper echelon WR and I'd take him early if he were a draft pick all over again.

Elite is an overused word anyway.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
My biggest qualm about this team is that they go to sleep against inferior opponents. Q seems to be one of the few who bring it game in and game out regardless of the opposition.

I've officially gone from ambivalent about re-signing him to thinking its necessary to the teams success

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Boldin is one tough son of a bitch. There's a reason why he got mad when coaches told him to sit when was injured. Guy is what a football player should be, not afraid to take hits and brings 100% intensity everytime he plays. He may not stretch the field like most #1 WRs but noone is better at catching passes across middle and gaining YAC than Boldin.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Q seems to be one of the few who bring it game in and game out regardless of the opposition.

I've officially gone from ambivalent about re-signing him to thinking its necessary to the teams success

Just read the signature :)

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Still sticking to your guns on this one?
At his current cap number there's no reason not to.
Honestly, how substantial a raise could he expect from another team he wouldn't get here?
The Cardinals have hurt his open market value by finding success without him.
His injuries and play style have hurt him financially.
MAYBE a team like Baltimore would offer a 2nd for him, but I wouldn't even count that.
The question is, if he sees his value for market worth, would he take it from the Cards or has that boat sailed?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Still sticking to your guns on this one?

Man swd... you are way out there sometimes.

Nate Poole is selling insurance. Ray "making big plays like Ray always does" Thompson is selling insurance.

These aren't Mac's cardinals anymore man. We've got it figured it out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave