Boldin is no longer an elite receiver

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
The best offer we got for Q was a third round pick from the bears and that would'nt have helped us much in the future compared to what we're gonna get in the next 2 years of Boldin playing into the PLAYOFFS with Warner as the quarterback.

How soon some of you forget the 40+ yard catches he made in the playoffs last season. Order the new book Desert Storm its a great collective memerobilia of what happened last years and lots of pictures for those of you who don't read.

We also did'nt want to help a rival NFC team that could hurt us in da bears with Cutler.No Way.If the AFC had put up a better offer maybe a deal could have been struck,but it was'nt.We did the right thing.Only the future will prove it.PATIENCE!!!:D

Feed the Quan! Its time for Q to go off like only Q can.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I'm Torn...

I think people question whether he is elite on this team because Larry sets the bar so high. Almost any other team would kill to have Q as their #1.

What is elite (best of the best of the best)? 100 catches a season? Or 1,000 yards? or 10-15 TD's? If that is elite, I would agree that Boldin may not meet those standards this year.

Is being elite also being indespensible to your team? If so, Boldin fails by that measure as well. They are 5-1 without him recently.

There is no question this team is better with Q on the field. He is a Pro Bowler, which in my book speaks to how good he still is.

However, Larry has widened the gap between himself and Q in terms of "elite-ness" and Steve Breaston has closed that gap. The last few years, Larry and Q were 1a and 1b on this team. This year, it seems more like Q and Breaston are 2a and 2b.

I hate this discussion though. Makes me feel like we are a teenage girl on "My Super Sweet 16", whining that our daddy just bought us a Lexus when we really wanted a BMW...

Last edited:

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
What a fickle bunch. Boldins got a ton left to show to this league.He's gonna go off on Sunday. You should NEVER bet against the Q.He'll make you look bad everytime.

Just like the bring in Matty posts.Warner always bounces back.Even Leinart said all of those interceptions were'nt on Warner.Thats the only other voice I need to hear on the matter.

Boldin is gonna have a great rest of the year.Hope we keep him through the rest of his contract and then let him go find his 9 million dollar salary elsewhere.Do Not take a fifth rounder this year for him.Its not worth what we'll get in play next season WITH Warner still at the helm.

I still don't understand how Boldin has maintained this aura as some extraordinary presence on the football field. To be fair I started seriously following the team after Boldin's rookie season, the year Fitz was drafted. I just honestly haven't seen that magic from him in so long that people here claim he still possesses. I can't remember him fighting through tacklers like he did against the Rams, instead he fumbles. I don't see his fearlessness on crossing routes anymore, I simply see alligator arms. Boldin can't even play effectively through injury anymore. He has only gone over 100 yards five times in the last three years and continues to be miss games while the injuries continue to pile up. Some on here have stated that Boldin's playing life will be similar to a RB and I am one hundred percent in agreement with that, he is 29 now and barring a miraculous recovery he will not be getting any more effective as a player I feel.

What he stood for in the organization has been excellent. He was an awesome player on a bad team who stuck it out with us, he deserves a lot of credit for that, but if you just isolated the last few years Boldin would be nothing special. I have a very different view on Boldin since I was always drawn to Larry and never got to see rookie year Boldin. I still want him to be a part of this team (pending a favorable trade) but his skillset is not enough to warrant this infatuation with him as a player and the weekly predictions that he will go off and prove everyone wrong. I really hate to feel like this towards a guy who was once a star for us but all of the negativity surrounding him and our track record without him really makes me feel he is no longer an integral part of the team.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still don't understand how Boldin has maintained this aura as some extraordinary presence on the football field. To be fair I started seriously following the team after Boldin's rookie season, the year Fitz was drafted. I just honestly haven't seen that magic from him in so long that people here claim he still possesses. I can't remember him fighting through tacklers like he did against the Rams, instead he fumbles. I don't see his fearlessness on crossing routes anymore, I simply see alligator arms. Boldin can't even play effectively through injury anymore. He has only gone over 100 yards five times in the last three years and continues to be miss games while the injuries continue to pile up. Some on here have stated that Boldin's playing life will be similar to a RB and I am one hundred percent in agreement with that, he is 29 now and barring a miraculous recovery he will not be getting any more effective as a player I feel

What he stood for in the organization has been excellent. He was an awesome player on a bad team who stuck it out with us, he deserves a lot of credit for
that, but if you just isolated the last few years Boldin would be nothing special. I have a very different view on Boldin since I was always drawn to Larry and never got to see rookie year Boldin. I still want him to be a part of this team (pending a favorable trade) but his skillset is not enough to warrant this infatuation with him as a player and the weekly predictions that he will go off and prove everyone wrong. I really hate to feel like this towards a guy who was once a star for us but all of the negativity surrounding him and our track record without him really makes me feel he is no longer an integral part of the team.

You mean that diminishing skillset that garnered him 89 catches over 1000 yards and 11 td's in only 12 games? The injury issues cannot be argued other than last years freak Facial injury. But to say he hasent been great for 3 years is watching him play with blinders on!

Last edited:

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I like Quan, I can even look past his diminishing production, I just wish he would keep his mouth shut. Team first, youll get your money quan...wether its here or somewhere else.

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I still don't understand how Boldin has maintained this aura as some extraordinary presence on the football field. To be fair I started seriously following the team after Boldin's rookie season, the year Fitz was drafted. I just honestly haven't seen that magic from him in so long that people here claim he still possesses. I can't remember him fighting through tacklers like he did against the Rams, instead he fumbles. I don't see his fearlessness on crossing routes anymore, I simply see alligator arms. Boldin can't even play effectively through injury anymore. He has only gone over 100 yards five times in the last three years and continues to be miss games while the injuries continue to pile up. Some on here have stated that Boldin's playing life will be similar to a RB and I am one hundred percent in agreement with that, he is 29 now and barring a miraculous recovery he will not be getting any more effective as a player I feel.

What he stood for in the organization has been excellent. He was an awesome player on a bad team who stuck it out with us, he deserves a lot of credit for that, but if you just isolated the last few years Boldin would be nothing special. I have a very different view on Boldin since I was always drawn to Larry and never got to see rookie year Boldin. I still want him to be a part of this team (pending a favorable trade) but his skillset is not enough to warrant this infatuation with him as a player and the weekly predictions that he will go off and prove everyone wrong. I really hate to feel like this towards a guy who was once a star for us but all of the negativity surrounding him and our track record without him really makes me feel he is no longer an integral part of the team.

You do understand he was a PRO BOWLER last year.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
For the record, I'm not being fickle. I thought we should have traded him this offseason. I don't think he's done; I do think he could be very effective as a team's #1.

If everyone respects Q as much as they say they have, his wishes to be traded should be honored, IMO. Plus, with his injury history, you knew there was a chance his trade value would drop this offseason, and worse, if we let him play out the contract, we won't be compensated hardly at all for his departure.

These aren't the days when Martay Jenkins is our best WR. We're very deep at the position (and very thin at others). I still think the best thing for the team would have been to trade him 6 months ago.

JMHO

Q's wishes are not for a genie.They're for the team who owns his contract to decide.Not simpleminded message board posters who don't know any of the facts.Just think they do.

Glad Q isn't on another team punnishing us the way he's gonna punnish other teams to come this year.No one has a crystal ball.Everyone has predicted the last game for years now of OLD MAN Kurt Warner.Yet he got paid.If he did get hurt the same would have mentioned his injury past and said we should have known NOT to pay him.

You can't have it both ways.This team does well with Q.He's part of this team and as I said earlier,his big play potential showed itself in last years playoffs and will again.Who would'nt want Q on their team? Own up.Its only a message board.

Pariah I was'nt calling you fickle but since you answered the post like you felt like I was talking to you,you must feel like it.I was posting to others.I only posted to you directly about what was KNOWN to be offered for Q.We'll never know what the truth is.Just what we are told.Okay?

I doubt it was any high #1 or even a high #2.Do you think it was?If so say it.I highly doubt it since most of the free agent big money was spent before draft day and people had filled thier wide reciever needs already.I'm in full belief what we were told WAS the truth. A 3rd rounder won't cut it to the bears with Cutler.Why hurt ourselves? Why give a player under contract just what he wants because he asks for it? Are you serious?

Letting Q play out his contract will be JUST FINE.No other way around it and we won't be getting that 5th rounder that won't contribute the way Q will in one of his last major seasons as a BULL wide reciever.Love the guy and hope he can prove me wrong.I doubt it though.He's done more than I ever thought he could after watching everyone of his college games at FSU.I live right here.I'm not a FSU fan but a fan of Florida college football and college football in general as it feeds into the pro's.

You can start now forgetting the long ugly past of Martay Jenkins.Its okay.Maybe some will need counseling.Those days are over as long as Coach Whiz is here and Billy wants a great team to go with the stadium.Okay?

Boldin will never be a teams #1 unless that team is pathetic.He's not built for speed and the teams speed reciever will always be the #1 reciever.Boldin has played the wr position like a running back and his days are numbered.I just hope he can prove me wrong.He's not gonna ever be in the poor house though.He's got more than he can spend the rest of his life if its managed well.So I'm not crying tears for the guy.I want his services for the CARDINALS all of next season into and through the playoffs and hopefully another SB run.Why would'nt we?We can see we could have just as easily lost Breaston all season long with his CHRONIC knee injury.We're only just not letting him practice to keep him in the game.

We're not wr rich like we can't be in trouble in that area as we were in the 9ers game.We had no Breaston and an injured Q.Then you saw how it affected the team and qb.So we're not wr rich by any means at all.Thats a myth.Urban has'nt shown us what he did last season.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score

I would disagree with this assessment...

However, I'm ticked off by his continuous antics. I also believe he does not diserve Fitz like contract. I also believe the bridges have been burned between him and the team, or at least by him, by his festering anger and outburst on any possible occasion. I think we are deep at WR and it probably will be wise for the team to trade him next offseason and get something in return before he leaves via free agency the following year.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doug, I think reasonable people (not necessarily you and I ;)) can agree to disagree on the best way to handle the Boldin situation. I see a guy that likely has more value on to a team other than the cardinals--and as such we should be able to build our team's value in other, more talent-deficient areas of the squad. Add in the fact that the guy doesn't want to be here, and I think it's a no-brainer that we trade him.

I understand the flip-side: Boldin IS a very talented WR and is a beast of a player that makes him a fan favorite.

I just don't think the team ought to be making this decision for "simpleminded message board posters who" are emotional about the potential jettison of their favorite player.

Again, JMHO.

Last edited:

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Doug, I think reasonable people (not necessarily you and I ;)) can agree to disagree on the best way to handle the Boldin situation. I see a guy that likely has more value on to a team other than the cardinals--and as such we should be able to build our team's value in other, more talent-deficient areas of the squad. Add in the fact that the guy doesn't want to be here, and I think it's a no-brainer that we trade him.

I understand the flip-side: Boldin IS a very talented WR and is a beast of a player that makes him a fan favorite.

I just don't think the team ought to be making this decision for "Not simpleminded message board posters who" are emotional about the potential jettison of their favorite player.

Again, JMHO.

My total point is this is the NFL and not Madden.I don't play Madden or any other games or fantasy leagues.

Boldin does'nt get to decide where he wants to play.He's a CARDINAL until the end OF NEXT SEASON.Not just this year.Period.

Tell me what a fifth rounder is gonna do for us as a rookie next year?Maybe not even make the team.Thats about all you'll get for Q.Lets wait and see.He might go off and provide the SB winning touchdown and raise his worth.Then things will change.I doubt that is going to happen though.

I'm not emotional at all.Boldin is'nt even a favorite of mine so you've got it all wrong.This is Buisness and nothing else.This team needs Boldin to be a weapon on offense.He's more than a wide reciever as he's shown in his career.If he can start to get the YAC again then he fits our needs.Fitz will always be #1.Sorry Q may have trouble with that but as you see in Denver the player who p&Moaned all offseason about the Head Coach and tried to get his trade,did'nt get it and now they went undefeated until Monday night and he's happy as a clam that he stayed as he said so.

Q does'nt have to be happy to play for the CARDINALS.Thats not what I'm asking for.I do know that if he's playing for the CARDINALS next year it will be a contract year and he'll give everything in his power to have the best game ever,game in and game out.I LIKE THAT.Maybe you don't.Has nothing to do with emotion or liking the guy.I want the TEAM to win the SUPERBOWL this year and NEXT YEAR.

Sorry I'm old school .....The TEAM decides where a player plays as long as they have him under contract he can cry all he wants.I doubt he will.He'll HAVE to play his heart out.I don't think he will turn into a T.O.

His best playing is not worth signing him to his 9 million a year contract at his age and health and the 5 rounder won't help us as a team as much as his very reasonable paycheck and performance will in getting us back to the SUPERBOWL.Thats all its about.Call me cold and calculated.Its a BIZ and nothing else. I'm not emotional about it at all as you can see.Then he can go and do whatever he wants after that.We will have done the best we could in that situation.Peace.:D

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think people question whether he is elite on this team because Larry sets the bar so high. Almost any other team would kill to have Q as their #1.

What is elite (best of the best of the best)? 100 catches a season? Or 1,000 yards? or 10-15 TD's? If that is elite, I would agree that Boldin may not meet those standards this year.

Is being elite also being indespensible to your team? If so, Boldin fails by that measure as well. They are 5-1 without him recently.

There is no question this team is better with Q on the field. He is a Pro Bowler, which in my book speaks to how good he still is.

However, Larry has widened the gap between himself and Q in terms of "elite-ness" and Steve Breaston has closed that gap. The last few years, Larry and Q were 1a and 1b on this team. This year, it seems more like Q and Breaston are 2a and 2b.

I hate this discussion though. Makes me feel like we are a teenage girl on "My Super Sweet 16", whining that our daddy just bought us a Lexus when we really wanted a BMW...

Agree 100%. I guess when you are winning and there isn't much else to complain about, you have to dredge up something.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team needs Boldin to be a weapon on offense.
What gives you that idea?

When I look at this from a business standpoint, I see more benefit in getting value from him before he's allowed to walk. It's bad business to lose assets without a return.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
What gives you that idea?

When I look at this from a business standpoint, I see more benefit in getting value from him before he's allowed to walk. It's bad business to lose assets without a return.

WHAT VALUE is a 5th rounder that might make the special teams unit? Compare that to an ALL PRO that is at the end of days and we are getting the last few drops out of one of the best that ever played.

Its not even close in what we do.Lets see what the so called Brass do.I think Warner would love to have a healthy Larry & Q in his last year and the teams last year going for a SUPERBOWL. I think after that we still shoot for SB's as our team goal but I think we end up with playoffs as a reality maybe.

Lots of things have to happen.We'll have ended this window of having so many great players that are ending their careers this year and next and will be starting fresh and new and needing lots of players to fill holes and especially our key in winning so much.....DEPTH.Thats the key to the CARDINALS.

It boils down to what YOU think Boldin can get us in trade and what I think he can get us.I don't personally think he can get us much at all when the draft comes after free agency and most of the teams in need of wide recievers are trying to fill that need first in free agency and then deal with the Q saga when they get to it.Because Q is not a sure thing for any team bidding on him.I'm hoping Whiz gets the final decision and I have an idea what he wants to do.

A special teamer added to the team is not that high on our priority list I'm afraid.It all depends on what Q can do the rest of this year and into the playoffs without becoming a T.O.If he becomes a team cancer,no one will want him and I seriously doubt he will do that.He does dumb things but always gets back around to trying to fix it and making things right.

His age and style of play is rare and the amount of injuries and him also making quotes he won't be 100% the rest of the year one day and then saying he's 100% now are kind of contradictory,although I understand him what he means.No One will be as fresh as the day the season started but he has no excuse if he is truly healed from a high ankle sprain he is a natural Phenom and needs to be studied by science after this season.

We can't afford him so let him play out his contract he signed and see what he can get for himself.Just like what is going to happen to Dansby.Maybe we can negotiate with Rolle and redo his contract.Maybe we can redo Matt's contract because I doubt we pay him all the bonus money he's due also.Matt will have his 10 year career in ARIZONA when Kurt Warner is done after NEXT year.I'm sure even if we won the SB.Kurt Warner will honor his contract and play next year for his 5 million dollars.That will mean a ton to him.Not to others that play qb.Yet there are'nt many if any other qb's in the league like Kurt Warner either.

I'm just wondering how long its gonna take the NFL to figure that last part out? Maybe after the favre crush is over?

Pariah please go to Amazon.com and buy the Desert storm book.I bought it along with many others on the CARDINALS and you will thank me you did.It is the commemorative edition of everything and every game has its pages from last season.Every playoff game and so much more.Its a very,very thick paper back.Its worth every penny.Pictures are page size all the way through the book and its amazing.

You'd of thought we WON the SB after getting that book.Plus it has some extra stuff on Warner.Not enough to make you sick though.Plenty of pictures of the UOP crowd that many of you will see yourself and did'nt know you were in a book.

I know we dissagree on most things but I like the bright side and you've been on the dark side too long.After next years SB run you won't need counseling anymore.You'll have a team in the running year after year.

We'll have to wait and see what Q brings to the table starting this Sunday.If he can bring back the YAC.If he can make the quick cuts without reinjuring himself,we'll have the weapon no one else has on thier team.He's really just a faster tightend who can make people miss and run over folks.I just hope Warner does'nt feel the need to fill up Q's stats so he can make the pro bowl every year and instead find the open man no matter who it is.Even if its Fitzgerald on every play.Q will just have to deal with it.PEACE:D

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Because every team will have filled its needs in free agency plus spent its money already and won't be willing to get in a bidding war with the ((((UNCERTAINTY)))) of winning out.

The teams can't wait to do that.They will have already filled thier main needs and will have to wait and see on the Boldin deal.That will cost them precious time in free agency when they can make it happen for sure for thier team.

Thats why I truly believe only a 3rd rounder was offered last season by the bears.We are'nt going to help out the NFC.Its gonna have to be the perfect offer from the AFC or a team like the Bucs that can actually give us a very high pick.But they won't they are in a major rebuilding mode and a player like Boldin won't be around when they finally get it together.

I'm really sorry I've had to say this 5 times already in earlier posts without you understanding it.There is gonna be a major question mark for any team going into the draft day shuffle.Nothing is guaranteed.That risk will keep teams using up money in free agency on filling spots and not waiting to be in some kind of bidding group that missed out just so one can get Q.

Don't you SEE?

Don't you also realize how important draft picks are to teams today.That is how you build your team the right way and top picks unless by the raidahs won't be given out like candy anymore.Things have changed.People just don't bring what they did right before and during the draft what they used to do in like the Marshall Faulk deal back in 99.He was traded for a 2nd and a 5th rounder and still had tons in the tank.

Do you think Q at his age and health can get something like that? If so then we'll never agree on anything.Thought you knew how things worked by now.The new NFL does'nt take the same risks and especially with what Q is asking for a contract will have to be worked out before he's traded.No team is gonna pay him what he's asking for.NONE.

We will lose Dansby the same way.We have tried to plan for it but we did'nt plan on Cody Brown going on IR this year.We don't know if our other OLB pick is gonna be more than a good special teams player at this moment either.Will is doing a great job contributing in his rookie year.Got a sack last week also.

We'll get tons more by letting Q play like a player plays in his contract year while Warner will be in his final year(as we know now) next year and the window will be great to have them working together again and to see how far we can go with it.We get his production next year is what we get.Not another special teams player.IF that.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't you SEE?
I guess not. I must not be as smart as you.

I see uncertainty in the draft and teams that need to win now as mitigating their risk by acquiring relatively known quantities like Boldin.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We will lose Dansby the same way.We have tried to plan for it but we did'nt plan on Cody Brown going on IR this year.We don't know if our other OLB pick is gonna be more than a good special teams player at this moment either.
Dansby plays inside.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Dansby plays inside.

I know Dansby plays on the inside thats why my post says OTHER OLB that we drafted in Cody Brown.I know Cody Brown is a speed rusher from UCONN we are gonna try and turn into a coverage and pass rushing OLB.

The risk is waiting and being part of a group of people (THIS WON'T HAPPEN)that might want Q's services.Instead the team will fill the need in free agency where its a done deal and no problems in getting a deal done with Q like you'll have to do quick during the draft time.

Teams won't risk being the one chosen by us as the team we will be willing to trade Boldin too.You just don't get it.I can't explain it any easier than that.Sorry.:mad:This is so simple a young person could understand.Yet I have to repeat myself 6 times over.

Boldin is gonna only be valuable enough for us to use him next year at the age he is and in also the health he is in.The other teams that need him would be teams that need that one player to get them over the hump for a one year contract(Which Boldin won't sign) that gets them to the Superbowl.We can utilize that without paying Boldin the 9 million a year,NO ONE else is gonna pay him.You catching on yet???

Our return is what we get from Boldin in a contract year where we can count on nothing but his best everygame and also we're not paying him 9 million to get that.No other team is gonna pay a guy his age and health that much either.Or risk not filling that gap on their team in free agency to take a super high risk stakes GAME of do we get Q or not talking with Graves on draft day?No team is gonna bank all of their hopes on that.Plus no team is gonna have that much cash left on hand to make and give Q that money thats in the AFC so he can't come back and hurt us.

I'm done with this conversation now.I would really like to know your age Pariah.Just so you can let me know why the communication barrier.I'm older but I don't know by how much.You mentioned your service to the country which I thank you very much for.I guess you're in or approaching your 30's.:)Plus remember we're on the same team as CARDINALS fans whether you like it or not.I just think we have a communication gap.No biggee.Everyone can't agree on everything all the time or we would'nt need sports message boards huh?:D

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know Dansby plays on the inside thats why my post says OTHER OLB that we drafted in Cody Brown.I know Cody Brown is a speed rusher from UCONN we are gonna try and turn into a coverage and pass rushing OLB.
How is drafting OLBs preparing for our MLB's departure?

I would really like to know your age Pariah.
I'm 37
You mentioned your service to the country
Again, I think you have me confused with someone else.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said earlier in this thread that I think this issue isn't so black and white that reasonable people can't disagree on it. There is merit to trading him, there is merit to trying to get it worked out.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't think there will be an agreement between us or a trade.You seem to focus on those 2 as the only options you see.I see the third as the best for the team.

Thats just the way I see it.Only time will tell.He's not getting his 9 million here with the needs we have to fill at OLT,ILB,FS just to start.I don't see our LSU backup ILB being the answer to losing Dansby either.Highsmith needs more bulk and speed to play like a Dansby.We also need to address the fact more and more years of Gerald Hayes also playing with the same injuries.We actually need a couple or more ILB's.Its gonna be free agency or no run stopping next year.

The Rolle situation could cost us bigtime.Hope he will work with us.Don't see us spending a dime on Boldin,more than his current contract.He can pout all he wants.He's a CARDINAL till it runs out.Mike Gandy will have to be replaced by Free Agency also.I don't see anyone I would want though at this time.Maybe Keith will be ready.GOD help us.

We still need OLB's too as we are gonna lose Okeafor,Haggans and Berry at that position very soon.We don't know what we have in Cody Brown either.So we've got tons of holes to fill.A speed reciever is also on the back burner too.Plus restructuring Matt and his bonus' that are coming due if he's not gonna be the starter next year.

I don't want to trade Boldin or sign him.Neither of your options.I don't see merit in either one.He's not worth the money he's asking and what we can get back isn't worth the one year of playing he will give us just on the downside of his career.But playing for a new contract.:D

Last edited:

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying doug and tend to agree with you that the best approach for the Cards is having Boldin play out his contract. He may complain to the media but is a team player and always gives his best so I don't see that as an issue. His trade value is minimal especially since he wants a large contract. No team offered the Cards a high pick last year with Boldin coming off a pro bowl appearance. He has not had an all pro season this year as he has been injured quite a bit. His value (as you said) to the Cards is best by staying another seasons rather than getting practically nothing in return. Sadly, he is most likely not going to get the final big contract that he wanted due to his age and his injury history.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Boldin will be traded in the offseason...last year I didn't really think it would happen this year I am 100% sure it will. We won't get a first round pick for him but I wouldn't be surprised to see us get something like a 2nd and a 5th.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave