Board Clashes

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Is it me or did people on this board seem to get along better when we knew we sucked and there wasn't much hope?

Maybe it's the whole "misery loves company" thing that kept the peace.

And maybe it's just frustration at losing tight games now that we're so close to winning that's causing the hostility.

Maybe I'm generalizing from a minority of posts, but people seem a lot more touchy and more apt to lash out lately.

I'm not going to give the whole "can't we just get along" thing because I'm a firm believer in free speech and I'm not trying to band together the troops, just curious if anyone else has noticed this and what your thoughts are.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I miss the old shark logo. It was like seeing a friendly face on your way home.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Is it me or did people on this board seem to get along better when we knew we sucked and there wasn't much hope?

And maybe it's just frustration at losing tight games now that we're so close to winning that's causing the hostility.

Maybe I'm generalizing from a minority of posts, but people seem a lot more touchy and more apt to lash out lately.

I'm not going to give the whole "can't we just get along" thing because I'm a firm believer in free speech and I'm not trying to band together the troops, just curious if anyone else has noticed this and what your thoughts are.

think like me and we'll be fine.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The more we sucked, the smaller (and more loyal) our fan base.

With the advent of the new stadium, the Edge and Leinart glitter and (what appears to be) an improving team, the fan base has gotton larger and more diverse - i.e. more newcomers, more "casual rooters", more bandwagon jumpers and more (negative and positive) "intense followers of the team" in addition to a growing sophistication among current rooters about the game and the team.

As I see it - it's better to have to put up with the additional ignorant comments, venom and immaturity than to be ignored altogether.

Oh yeah. One other thing. A case can be made that, this year, we seemed to have come up with creative, new ways to lose close, gut-wrenching games, but I think that's just a misperception - we found pretty creative ways to lose games "back in the day."

AZHEAD

Reaction score
The more we sucked, the smaller (and more loyal) our fan base.

With the advent of the new stadium, the Edge and Leinart glitter and (what appears to be) an improving team, the fan base has gotton larger and more diverse - i.e. more newcomers, more "casual rooters", more bandwagon jumpers

I could not agree more with that comment. That is exactly what is happening with the fan base. Nothing disgust me more than first time season ticket holders who think they know everything about Cardinal football.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Well, sure, that makes sense... wait, what?
Ok, since people are trying to figure out why everyone got along soooooo much better a couple of years ago, do an advanced search on all threads from a year ago and older in ascending order. It wasn't any better.

jmr667

Random Poster
Reaction score
I've been lurking on this board for years (and very occasionally posting). The board seems about the same as ever. The talk about whether Rackers is good or bad going on recently sound a lot like the old arguments about Josh McCown, and before that Jake Plummer.
Before there were debates about whether the team could have gotten anything for LD there was the same fights about David Boston.

Just thinking about the caliber of players that used to be "discussed" on this board compared to this year makes me realize just how much this team has improved over the last few years.

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score
Its alot better. He who shall not be named(N*M) and Tango are no longer here to sphew there filth!

Navy Mike

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If everyone was in total agreement all the time the board would suck.

This is true. I remember when the Bulls kept winning championships it was a pure yawn...nothing to talk about. "Nice to lose" once in awhile..also nice to win one in awhile too!!

artp

Registered
Reaction score

I've noticed it. People hated OL E Brown. He's played well. People hated C Pace and he's played well. Now, people just want to hate. They're bitching too much. At the beginning of the season, few predicted the Cardinals better than 6 - 10. After some positive results, people expect more.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I've noticed it. People hated OL E Brown. He's played well. People hated C Pace and he's played well. Now, people just want to hate. They're bitching too much. At the beginning of the season, few predicted the Cardinals better than 6 - 10. After some positive results, people expect more.

I always expect more having never been satisfied with 6-10 or 8-8. Anything less than 16-0 and I'm :mad:!