Birds of a Different Color in Free Agency?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
LOL--Philly has the best WR corps in the NFL. Jackson, Maclin, and Avant are the best top 3 in the NFL (as I predicted last offseason). Why in the world would they want Steven Williams? He hasn't done anything in the NFL besides look pretty in preseason--Max Hall pretty.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Then why are they high up on the Braylon Edwards/Plaxico rumor scale?

With Plaxico it's because he could be a #4 for about the veteran minimum and be a glorified receiving TE, and the Eagles have recent success with guys coming out of the Big House in Vick.

With Braylon Edwards, I don't see anything that justifies your speculation that they'd be willing to pay for him beyond some reports from 2009 that they'd trade with the Browns for him, but they drafted Maclin in the 2009 draft and that ended that.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Add OG - Evan Mathis to the list of possibilities.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/07/11/free-agency-bargain-hunting/

We’ve recognized the play of Mathis on more than one occasion to no avail. For whatever reason, the Bengals just didn’t see fit to get him on the field consistently after an incredible start to the 2009 year. It’s a shame for them (he was much better than Nate Livings), and a shame for offensive line aficionados. Mathis was dominant when he was on the field, rarely giving up pressure and pushing around defenders in the run game. Even when he came in for some cameo snaps in 2010, he highlighted his talent with a series of good plays. Some team will get excellent value with him.

Why bring his name up - Mathis is telling everyone and their brothers, including his agent his dream job will be to play for the Cardinals for the rest of his career. His agent has standing orders to make the Cardinals his first phone call.

Mathis already has a home here. Mathis co-owns a gym in PHX. What gym, well the same gym that pretty much every Cardinal is a member of, the same gym you see in the video of Wilson benching 400 pounds on the incline bench press.

Makes complete sense, he is an upgrade IMO and would come at the right price.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
There isn't a 4th receiver in the NFL that would not love to line up against Mike Adams every down. nor another team that would sign him.

I don't know where were heading, But I feel as though we will lose a lot more talent than we gain by opening day.

Fitz and AW seems the only players that want to be a Cardinal?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Add OG - Evan Mathis to the list of possibilities.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/07/11/free-agency-bargain-hunting/

Why bring his name up - Mathis is telling everyone and their brothers, including his agent his dream job will be to play for the Cardinals for the rest of his career. His agent has standing orders to make the Cardinals his first phone call.

Mathis already has a home here. Mathis co-owns a gym in PHX. What gym, well the same gym that pretty much every Cardinal is a member of, the same gym you see in the video of Wilson benching 400 pounds on the incline bench press.

Makes complete sense, he is an upgrade IMO and would come at the right price.

22 starts in 6 NFL seasons and 7 since 2007. Sounds like the ol' Sample Size Problem strikes again at ProFootballFocus.com. I'd bet that actually playing for anyone would be his dream job.

I'm sure he's fine as a depth player and is the kind of guy you need on your roster so you're not depending on everyone staying healthy once Jeremy Bridges has to step in. This guy isn't going to make a difference, though, and probably wouldn't make the starting lineup.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
We could have 30-40 new guys by the end of next week? :shock:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard