Best Pizza Joint in Town

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
not sure if any of you guys heard of it but their is a very good pizza place in gold canyon called garage pub pizza its really good pizza. It looks kind of real old on the outside but trust me if your ever in gold canyon defintally give garage pub a try

Gizmo Williams

Registered
Reaction score
Ill be in Phoenix in November, and again for Xmas. Im totally going to get me some Barros. But on the ihg end side, does anyonne eat at Pizzeria Bianco? A New York Times writer called it the best pizza in the States, and Chris Bianco has won a James Beard Award (the culinary equivalent of an Oscar).
I ate there right after it opened YEARS ago, but I didnt know much about food then, so i cant wait to try it again...

I agree with Mulli that Grazie's makes a better pizza. Bianco's is really, really good, but I think Grazie's is just a bit better on the pizza. Also, I am not crazy about a couple of his pizza's (the one with sausage and carmelized onion is not as good as it sounds) and there are only six to choose from. However, the appetizers (woodfired antipasto and prosciutto wrapped fontina) are worth the wait.

Plan on spending a lot of money at the wine bar as you wait.

If you can squeeze in both places...that would be ideal.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Mulli that Grazie's makes a better pizza. Bianco's is really, really good, but I think Grazie's is just a bit better on the pizza. Also, I am not crazy about a couple of his pizza's (the one with sausage and carmelized onion is not as good as it sounds) and there are only six to choose from. However, the appetizers (woodfired antipasto and prosciutto wrapped fontina) are worth the wait.

Plan on spending a lot of money at the wine bar as you wait.

If you can squeeze in both places...that would be ideal.
Finally, someone else goes to Grazie.

grazie Gizmo.

I miss their sausage and mushroom pizza.

Gizmo Williams

Registered
Reaction score
Finally, someone else goes to Grazie.

grazie Gizmo.

I miss their sausage and mushroom pizza.

I miss the Vesuvio...the half pizza(mushrooms, olive and basil) and half calzone(stuffed with fresh mozzerella, parma ham and salame).

I find the cheese and crust to have a bit more flavor and texture than Bianco's.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we are hitting Pizza Bianco when my buddy comes in from NorCal for the Lions game.

Gizmo Williams

Registered
Reaction score
Is there ever a slow time?

No....pretty much the line starts forming at 4:15 - 4:30 everyday. You pretty much have to get there at that time to have a shot at the first seating. Most of the people in line will not get in on the first seating and will have to wait at least another 45 minutes and the wait gets longer the later you get there. If you get there right when the doors open it is at least 1 1/2 - 2 hours wait.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I miss the Vesuvio...the half pizza(mushrooms, olive and basil) and half calzone(stuffed with fresh mozzerella, parma ham and salame).

I find the cheese and crust to have a bit more flavor and texture than Bianco's.
And ask for ricotta on the sausage mushroom pizza pie. Don't bother with the wait at Bianco.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peter Piper Pizza.

At least the kids think so.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't there a longer thread on this somewhere?

Anyway, I love Barros as takeout pizza...nothing better. They put a dash of something (I think lemon) in their sauce. Really good stuff.

I also like Hungrie Howie's crusts (the sesame seed and the butter garlic ones). I love that crust.

Rosati's chicago style is good.

I like oreganos too...good stuff.

Haven't had a chance to eat at some of the finer pizza places, but I think i'll give Mulli's place a try. I really want some authentic NY pizza out here. Or something from a woodburning oven would be nice, too.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't there a longer thread on this somewhere?

Anyway, I love Barros as takeout pizza...nothing better. They put a dash of something (I think lemon) in their sauce. Really good stuff.

I also like Hungrie Howie's crusts (the sesame seed and the butter garlic ones). I love that crust.

Rosati's chicago style is good.

I like oreganos too...good stuff.

Haven't had a chance to eat at some of the finer pizza places, but I think i'll give Mulli's place a try. I really want some authentic NY pizza out here. Or something from a woodburning oven would be nice, too.

Grazie is woodburning.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think we are hitting Pizza Bianco when my buddy comes in from NorCal for the Lions game.

:yeahthat:

This whole lining up at 4:15P sounds crazy awesome.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard