although this Suns team clearly is statistically the best...

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your demand that this Suns team prove itself, and your avoidance of reflexively calling it the best overall Suns team ever, makes you seem open-minded about considering the possibility that a few other Suns teams with less talent could possibly match up with it. For instance, perhaps the 2010 team could, considering that it destroyed the Spurs and almost took Kobe Bryant and Paul Gasol to seven games.
For clarification, this isn't a demand. I am a result driven guy. I am an observation driven guy. I can give credit to this Suns for being the best REGULAR season team ever. It's a fact. I have never seen a Suns team play better in the regular season. It's not light years better than the 1993 team but better. I don't like to play the "match up" game in different eras because the game was different then.

The fact is if the Suns went 0-3 in the first round and got bounced? I seriously doubt anybody would be saying this is the best OVERALL team ever. There is just no way I would ever buy that. The story isn't over yet this season.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
The fact is if the Suns went 0-3 in the first round and got bounced? I seriously doubt anybody would be saying this is the best OVERALL team ever. There is just no way I would ever buy that. The story isn't over yet this season.
Apparently, the Suns downhill slide started in April?

BTW, I still think the 2005-06 team would've beat this year's team :)

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Nope, when healthy this is the best Suns team ever and proved it all season. Being built tougher and bigger for the playoffs that’s a different story. But this team healthy still the best.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It would depend on which version of this year's team you're talking about. The Nash/Amare teams would have easily handled the team that lost to the Mavericks.

But the Suns team that was playing back in March? That team would have dominated the 05/06 Suns. The good version of this year's team was almost as effective on offense as the Nash teams and far, far better on defense. Unfortunately, we misplaced that team long before the postseason started.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was the Suns best regular season team.

I will be kind and leave it at that.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This was the Suns best regular season team.

I will be kind and leave it at that.
Something happened, that we are not privileged to know yet or maybe ever. This team was dominate during the regular season, locked up the 1 seed and best record and shut it down. The problem is they were never able to turn it back on for some reason? Why? What happened? We saw spurts but something was off the whole postseason!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something happened, that we are not privileged to know yet or maybe ever. This team was dominate during the regular season, locked up the 1 seed and best record and shut it down. The problem is they were never able to turn it back on for some reason? Why? What happened? We saw spurts but something was off the whole postseason!

I will not be content until I hear the whole story. There was something more than the injury to Chris Paul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr