Best Pizza Joint in Town

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
thanks - will do - have wanted to try bianco, but am always afraid of the lines - will have suck it up some night and just go for it

LaGrande Orange seems interesting and i've read a lot of good things about it - but usually when I travel to that area I go toward a different slant - coming from goodyear we usually don't travel too much to eat, unless it's a "destination" place that i've been dying to try

i will have to try Meatballz - occasionally pass by that area on the way to visit relative in fountain hills - that's how I first discovered corleones

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
thanks - will do - have wanted to try bianco, but am always afraid of the lines - will have suck it up some night and just go for it

LaGrande Orange seems interesting and i've read a lot of good things about it - but usually when I travel to that area I go toward a different slant - coming from goodyear we usually don't travel too much to eat, unless it's a "destination" place that i've been dying to try

i will have to try Meatballz - occasionally pass by that area on the way to visit relative in fountain hills - that's how I first discovered corleones

Never been to Corleones but if I am right, I believe Meatballz is in the adjacent strip center! You'll love it!

And yes, if you like your pizza paper thin, both Pizzaria Bianco and La Grande Orange are musts! The lines are a bummer, but you can drink while you're waiting!!! Well worth it! Bianco was just voted the #1 pizza join in America in a USA Today Poll!!! :thumbup:

OP
OP
Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a place near me that says they have "New Jersey" style hoagies and pizza. I think I will be the judge of that, lol!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
NYPD is pretty good.... so is Buono's and Nellos

all chains :(

BTW the best pizza in the country is here in AZ (as voted by someone) Pizza Bianco

haven't had it but people **** when you talk about it

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Gumby's in Tempe is pretty good.

Stumpy's on 16th and Northern is good. I live so far away that when I call in I tell them not to finish the pizza all the way...I go home and throw it on a stone for the last 5 minutes or so.....sooooooo good.

http://www.pizzabystumpys.com/default.htm

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Magpie's in Tucson, if distance is no object.

Ooh! That place is GREAT, but if my memory serves me right, it's expensive....

Lately, I've been on a big Barro's Buffalo Wing Pizza kick. They use wing sauce instead of marinara and it is topped with chicken and something like 3 kinds of cheese including cheddar. That is a friggin top notch pizza!!!

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I really liked NYPD Pizza: http://www.aznypdpizza.com/

various locations, but I've only been to the 20th St & Camelback one. It was yummy.

Paesano, at 43rd Ave & Thunderbird, is where I WAITRESSED in my younger days--they have great pizza. Sal & Vonda (the owners) are from Sicily originally, but were in NY before coming here. Great, inexpensive Italian food, too.

I know like 77 girls who worked at Paesano or something. Seems like every girl who grew up in NW Phx worked either there or at Cap'n Bill's subs on 35th and what, Dunlap?

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know like 77 girls who worked at Paesano or something. Seems like every girl who grew up in NW Phx worked either there or at Cap'n Bill's subs on 35th and what, Dunlap?
What's funny about that, too, is that there are still quite a few people that still work there from when I was younger....but yeah, a lot of us dumb, unmotivated teens worked as a waitress there ;)

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
There was this really good place I went to once, but I forgot what it was called. BJ's has good pizza, but for now I have to stick with...

Peter Piper! :D Nothin' better than their all you can eat buffet.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pizza By Napoli .. Its my favorite.. But everyone has different tastes.. Some like to eat bland food and thats their prefernce, and thats ok! Just not my deal.. Spice it up!

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's three kinds of pizza: Chicago, New York, and "gourmet." The first two are for people who like pizza. The third is for people who hate food. I'm convinced.

I like both Chicago and New York style. For Chicago, Barro's is the place to go. Good New York style is harder to come by. I've seen a lot of thing pizza, but it lacks ... grease. I think it's because it lacks real cheese.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ill be in Phoenix in November, and again for Xmas. Im totally going to get me some Barros. But on the ihg end side, does anyonne eat at Pizzeria Bianco? A New York Times writer called it the best pizza in the States, and Chris Bianco has won a James Beard Award (the culinary equivalent of an Oscar).
I ate there right after it opened YEARS ago, but I didnt know much about food then, so i cant wait to try it again...

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Schutd, and everyone else, should skip the wait at Bianco, and try Grazie pizza near old town Scottsdale. Excellent pizza, my vote for the best in town.

90 minutes is too long to wait for pizza (wait at Bianco everytime I went there)

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
There was this really good place I went to once, but I forgot what it was called. BJ's has good pizza, but for now I have to stick with...

Peter Piper! :D Nothin' better than their all you can eat buffet.

I have eaten there for lunch a cople of times. Good value but not good pizza. Although that desert pizza they have there with the cinnamon and glaze on it is pretty good.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barro's is my favorite for delivery or carryout, Nello's is my favorite for eating in.

Angelo Barro was my football coach when I was in high school, and he gave me a job at his original store in the Valley. Great guy, great family.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barro's is my favorite for delivery or carryout, Nello's is my favorite for eating in.

Angelo Barro was my football coach when I was in high school, and he gave me a job at his original store in the Valley. Great guy, great family.
Yeah well Rod Graves is a great guy as well, I am sure. But I wouldn't eat his pizza. :p

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah well Rod Graves is a great guy as well, I am sure. But I wouldn't eat his pizza. :p

:biglaugh:

The pizza is great. But, my favorite thing there were the meatballs. Awesome! Made fresh, by hand and BIG. Once those babies were cooked I always pulled about a half dozen to the side for myself.

Man, I'm drooling just remembering it!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Peter Piper Pizza is the pizza people pick!!

OP
OP
Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member