ASU is playing great!!!

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Haha, was so pissed to hear that, but they are making a comeback. 19-13 at halftime. A Rudy Carpenter to Mike Jones 64-yard TD pass started the scoring in the 2nd quarter.

This is just what happens when you are a running team going up against a great run D. Torain 2.8 yards per carry.

Lead us to a win Coach Erickson!

Nasser22

Reaction score
Yeah that is pretty cool, but I think it's cooler that he's playing much better than I expected. Nearly 300 yards now and 4 TD's. Or 400 yards and 3 TD's....either way, good stuff.

Nasser22

Reaction score
Carpenter to Jones for a 43-yard TD. 26-20 OSU, but they're about to punt. :)

Zimmerman

Reaction score
Oh yes, doing great, ASU. We owe it to Dennis Erickson. Went to the Oregon State game last week, was great. Thought we were doomed in the first quarter, awesome comeback.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
I wouldn't say ASU is playing great just yet. It seems it takes us time to get started and struggle to move the ball at times. That first half was aggravating (taking away about 10 seconds in which ASU scored 14 points).

Rudy needs to move around the pocket more effectively. I don't think our line is that poor, but rather, Rudy makes bad decisions. If Stanford can blitz and sack like that, what do you think Washington, Cal, USC, and Oregon are going to do? Yikes!

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryan Torain is AWFUL in pass protection. He has to pick up the blitzer. Even when Rudy isn't getting sacked, we can pretty much count on Krula's man putting a good lick on Carpenter.

If I were Rudy, I doubt I would've been able to get up from the turf after the first quarter.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Ryan Torain is AWFUL in pass protection. He has to pick up the blitzer. Even when Rudy isn't getting sacked, we can pretty much count on Krula's man putting a good lick on Carpenter.

If I were Rudy, I doubt I would've been able to get up from the turf after the first quarter.

I agree with this, however, Rudy also does a terrible job of moving around in the pocket. Also, they way in which he holds the ball out, good teams are going to strip it every day of the week.

Rudy is a good QB. Rudy isn't a star, but he can be very good. In order to beat Oregon, Cal, and USC, Rudy is going to have to learn how to deal with the Blitz effectively. When a blitz comes, the RB needs to pick it up, but the QB has to be able to get rid of the ball quickly in order to take advantage of less defenders in the secondary - Rudy isn't doing that.

BTW, glad to see Nance get a TD yesterday. I think he could be a very productive runner next year, or his senior year.

Last edited:

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
rudy just needs to learn how to actually throw the ball away... he has NO CLUE how to do that yet...

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
you guys have played a CUPCAKE schedule so far... Don't get too excited. Yes you will be in a Bowl-game, but dont expect anything better than the insight bowl. You have yet to play Cal, Oregon, USC, UCLA, Arizona, Washington... You will lose at least 4 of those games, GUARANTEED

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you guys have played a CUPCAKE schedule so far... Don't get too excited. Yes you will be in a Bowl-game, but dont expect anything better than the insight bowl. You have yet to play Cal, Oregon, USC, UCLA, Arizona, Washington... You will lose at least 4 of those games, GUARANTEED

Yes, we very well might lose 4 of those games. Guaranteed? No. We also might lose fewer than 4. Will you show up here if you are proven wrong?

Black Jesus, for the record, which college team(s) do you support?

Go Devils!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard