ASU Football Schedule 2023

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just listening to KD talk about how he wants a smart quarterback, etc., I think it is pretty clear that TB is the best match and should be the starter. The background stuff on TB that we posted in the other thread and seeing him take over last year, the guy is totally a coach on the field and highly intelligent as you stated.

But it will be interesting to see how the season develops. I can see TB going down with an injury at some point and Pyne coming in and doing a stellar job, being tough to take out. Sounds like Rashada is coming along nicely, but this will probably be a transition maybe even a redshirt year for him. I expect his big challenge for the starting position to be next year. And with his physical skills, it will be tough to keep him off the field once he has a strong grasp of the system.

As an aside, I am worn out of all the preseason stuff. With ASU and the Suns. Enough talk, let's play some damn ball!

This is where I am at as well. Enough preseason. Time to play football!

I like what I saw of Trenton Bourguet. Let's see if it translates going forward.

WiscoBird

Veteran
Reaction score
Keep looking over the schedule and not a lot of wins to be found, especially in the 2nd half of the year. SDS is a tough place to play in September and we have the ability to start fast. I can see us starting 4-2 or 5-1 and finishing the season with 6 wins. It's sad that this might be the most competitive PAC 12 season in a long time.........and it will be it's last.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It is a difficult schedule, for sure. ASU could be much improved and yet win only 5 games. I would be pretty happy with 6 in year 1 of the Dillingham era.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is a difficult schedule, for sure. ASU could be much improved and yet win only 5 games. I would be pretty happy with 6 in year 1 of the Dillingham era.
Honestly, if they win 6 games you/we should be ecstatic because I think that would be a miracle. The first 6 games alone present a bunch of variance in record possibilities. They could start as poorly as 1-5 or as good as 4-2…very very very outside possibility of 5-1. I’m expecting 2-4 or 3-3.

I just don’t see a bowl qualifying season for two primary reasons:

OL
DL

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It is really hard to see a second win this season at this point. If there are to be only two wins, I sure hope one of them is on November 25. Maybe ASU can stun Colorado at home, but that seems unlikely to me, after watching the Colorado comeback against USC.

Oklahoma State and Cal were winnable games - it's too bad ASU is so beat up.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
It is really hard to see a second win this season at this point. If there are to be only two wins, I sure hope one of them is on November 25. Maybe ASU can stun Colorado at home, but that seems unlikely to me, after watching the Colorado comeback against USC.

Oklahoma State and Cal were winnable games - it's too bad ASU is so beat up.
Arizona isn't very good. We may have a chance against them. Otherwise, not looking good.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm now thinking that Arizona and WSU are winnable games, based on the team's defense and overall strong effort. I hope the Sun Devils can generate more offense.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media