Arizona Football 2012

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
Been a little quiet on this board with the opening game this weekend. Let's get some predictions down.

vs. Toledo W
vs. Oklahoma St L
vs. South Carolina St W
@ Oregon L
vs. Oregon St W
@ Stanford L
vs. Washington W
vs. USC L
@ UCLA L
vs. Colorado W
@ Utah L
vs. ASU W

Breakout Offensive Player: Besides Kadeem Carey, I'm going with Terrence Miller WR. He has shown flashes the last two years, but somehow fell out of favor with Stoops. He is a very big WR and has moved to the top of the depth chart. I think he'll end up being the top receiver this year.

Breakout Defensive Player: Marquis Flowers LB. He moved from safety to LB this fall and it is the perfect fit for him. He already played the run extremely well, but struggled in pass coverage. He is a little light but has tremendous speed and the frame to bulk up as a LB.

Overall, I'm hoping for 6-7 wins, but will be patient this year no matter what. Given time, Rich Rod will make Arizona a consistent winning football team.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I'd like to see six but it's going to require Matt Scott to stay healthy for all 12 games and catching some breaks. I have no clue how we are going to stop anyone defensively.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
It will take the team a year or two to gain enough defensive talent to run Casteel's 3-3-5. We're somewhat equipped to run the zone read option on offense (Scott ran it at Corona Centennial), so I expect a lot of 45-42 games. 5-6 wins should be a reasonable goal in year one of the Rich Rod era

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
So anyone here going to the game tomorrow? Can't wait to get my drink on and watch some ball!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far this isn't the best looking performance. Some good moments, then some WTF moments..

Sent from my Galaxy S2 the iPhone killer using Tapatalk 2

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Sweet run by Carey. TOUCHDOWN ARIIIIIIIIIII-ZONAAAAAAA!!!!

And and onside kick recovery... even sweeter!!!

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Kickers suck. We barely won that game

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Well hopefully we got those tough breaks out of the way early. I like the way the defense played and how we moved the ball, but they have to clean up some of the little things.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard