Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He went to a F4 but how hot is Cronin’s seat? @Russ Smith

Probably not that hot yet. There's a bunch of Louisville rumors but I'm not buying those his daughter loves LA he seems to as well.

This year basically was the team is so young and when they were recruiting they had a terrible NIL, as Jefferson said last night, so they just kept losing kids they thought they had. They had Dixon Waters verbally committed but SDSU promised him a starting spot, Mick wouldn't because it would have upped his NIL. They had Cam Spencer literally booked on a flight to LA to commit and then he called and said I have a big NIL from UCONN and didn't get on the flight. That's why he went all in the Euros he didn't have to compete with other schools in a bidding war. The problem is basically all the Euros were overrated. Mick said 2 days ago that all the Euros that came in were completely shocked at how physical college ball is and it's been a huge adjustment. If that's 1-2 guys it's manageable, but they were counting on Berke, Mara, Vide and Fibleuil to all be major rotation guys if not some of them starters, none of them panned out.

Have to agree with Mick, very impressive UA team, best rotation of guards they've had in ages. Johnson has been a huge pickup he covers lots of the things Ballo sometimes doesn't do. The big surprise to me this year and kudos to the staff, was how well Caleb Love fit. I knew he could play, he killed UCLA 2 years ago, but he was such a selfish me first guy at UNC I didn't see this year happening. He's the POY in the conference and it was a huge risk that paid off to take him

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Richard Jefferson needs to call every single game Arizona game moving forward

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, should I bother getting any hopes up for this team come tourney time this year or do they have fatal flaws like every other highly ranked Zona team for seemingly the last decade or so? Don’t need to be title aspirations. I’d just like to see us get back to at least the Elite 8. Seems like it’s been a while.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
So, should I bother getting any hopes up for this team come tourney time this year or do they have fatal flaws like every other highly ranked Zona team for seemingly the last decade or so? Don’t need to be title aspirations. I’d just like to see us get back to at least the Elite 8. Seems like it’s been a while.

Don't get your hopes up. The first weekend frightens me. They haven't convinced me that they can consistently stay engaged in game.

Funny note: Arizona hasn't beaten a tournament team in 2024

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Don't get your hopes up. The first weekend frightens me. They haven't convinced me that they can consistently stay engaged in game.

Funny note: Arizona hasn't beaten a tournament team in 2024
But they have in 2023. That's not much of a stat.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
But they have in 2023. That's not much of a stat.
It's been three months since Arizona has beaten a team of relevance. It's 0-2 against tournament teams this year. The perils of playing in the Pac-12.