Arizona Cardinals Rookie Minicamp May 11 - May 13

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't agree with your take on him. He has 4.5 speed and the Cards have a habit of strictly relying on speed. Because of that they passed on many guys that were ballers.

Ginda is a football player. Look at guys like Sean Lee, Danny Amendola, Welker, etc that didn't have burner speed but had/have very good careers. Scooby doesn't have any speed per say. Ginda does. Don't sleep on him.

He ran a 4.7 - not 4.5. He does have a fast 3 cone though. Actually I saw his 40 time listed as 4.85 on one draft profile and that is what the video looks like, but supposedly he did run a 4.7 before the draft.

Scooby ran a 4.87 so I guess you are right that he is faster.

If he really did run a 4.5 with that production he would have been drafted. I am a strong believer a certain level of speed is essential to have a chance to succeed in the NFL at many positions.

For LB's you need to be 4.6 or under. For corners and wr's 4.5 or under. Anquan is really the only one I ever saw buck that rule - but as a WR it is possible to run great routes and muscle yourself open. With defensive players you are the chaser and lack of speed will never work.

We will see I guess.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He ran a 4.7 - not 4.5. He does have a fast 3 cone though. Actually I saw his 40 time listed as 4.85 on one draft profile and that is what the video looks like, but supposedly he did run a 4.7 before the draft.

If he really did run a 4.5 with that production he would have been drafted. I am a strong believer a certain level of speed is essential to have a chance to succeed in the NFL at many positions.

For LB's you need to be 4.6 or under. For corners and wr's 4.5 or under. Anquan is really the only one I ever saw buck that rule - but as a WR it is possible to run great routes and muscle yourself open. With defensive players you are the chaser and lack of speed will never work.

We will see I guess.
Do you evaluate OLB's and ILB's in a 3-4 differently than OLB's and a MLB in the 4-3? How would you evaluate Ginda as a 4-3 OLB or MIKE?

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

[emoji23]

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

We will see I guess.

There are LOTS of LBs that don't run a 4.6. That would be on the speedier end for LBs.

LBs need to run around a 4.7, but drills like 3 cone are so much more important, just like it is for linemen since they often don't run further than 10 yards on any given play.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

[emoji23]

Judging by some of the throws I saw from Allen at the Senior Bowl practices, they should be concerned about what happens in Buffalo before they worry about what happens in Bristol, Connecticut. Allen wasn't really on my personal draft board because I saw shades of Hackeburg and I fell for that crap a few years ago. It is incredibly difficult to improve a players accuracy in the NFL. 9/10 times players don't improve much. McCown did, but Skelton and a slew of others did not. I think it's because it takes so many years of throwing a football to get to the level of NFL accuracy that if a player hasn't developed it by the end of their college career, they almost never will.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WILKS SATISFIED WITH SAFETY GROUP
The Cardinals released Harlan Miller on Thursday, leaving a group thin on experience behind starters Budda Baker and Antoine Bethea. Last year’s sixth-round pick, Rudy Ford, is next in seniority, while three undrafted free agents – A.J. Howard, Jonathan Owens and Zeke Turner – fill out the position group.

Wilks was asked if the team plans to add another veteran safety to the mix.

“I think right now, what we have on the roster is appealing to us as a staff,” Wilks said. “But I will say this: We’re going to continue to evolve and be aggressive in always trying to get the right mix. I told the guys today, ‘Nobody’s going to get complacent around here. It’s not a free lunch.’ So we’re going to continue to work hard and we’re going to continue to find guys that are going to make us better. If that means bringing guys in and out, that’s what we’re going to continue to do.”

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and...is-Couch/f12d838d-6cf8-491d-b225-36b3c490cc1c

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Cardinals released Harlan Miller on Thursday, leaving a group thin on experience behind starters Budda Baker and Antoine Bethea. Last year’s sixth-round pick, Rudy Ford, is next in seniority, while three undrafted free agents – A.J. Howard, Jonathan Owens and Zeke Turner – fill out the position group.

“I think right now, what we have on the roster is appealing to us as a staff,” Wilks said. “But I will say this: We’re going to continue to evolve and be aggressive in always trying to get the right mix. I told the guys today, ‘Nobody’s going to get complacent around here. It’s not a free lunch.’ So we’re going to continue to work hard and we’re going to continue to find guys that are going to make us better. If that means bringing guys in and out, that’s what we’re going to continue to do.”

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and...is-Couch/f12d838d-6cf8-491d-b225-36b3c490cc1c
Incredibly thin at cornerback AND safety. Interesting. Wilks better live up to his db guru rep . . .

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Has there been any news out of Day Two at the RMC?
News we can use - mainly has to do with which high-profile or obscure rookies separated themselves from the rest of the pack by running faster, executing better, dominating their opponent man on man etc.

Conversely, who looked lost or outclassed out there?

In short - who looks like they can bring something to the table? Who looks like a lost cause.

I realize that one day does not a trend make, but as the mini-camp and OTA days begin to stack up, patterns begin to emerge.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I like what I've seen from Rudy Ford. Bethea and Baker are a solid starting combo. That means one of the three rookies will need to show something or a vet needs to be brought in. It doesn't have to be Vacaro or Boston, but someone who can hold down the 3rd or 4th safety spot.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I like what I've seen from Rudy Ford. Bethea and Baker are a solid starting combo. That means one of the three rookies will need to show something or a vet needs to be brought in. It doesn't have to be Vacaro or Boston, but someone who can hold down the 3rd or 4th safety spot.

I heard that the Cardinals are definitely keeping an interest on Vacaro and Boston but possibly waiting for their price to drop as training camp approaches... I think they will go out and get one :)