Arizona Cardinals Playoffs 2022.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You guys are stating the obvious...we haven't played well in the 2nd half of both seasons. EVERYONE knows that.

You are also throwing out all the good from this season with your recency bias.

We have 10 wins in 15 games, 4 wins against playoff teams, 4-1 in the toughest division in the NFL, and in the playoffs.

I don't like how we have played the last the last two games + Carolina but I am not ready to disregard the entire season, all the progress, and blow up the entire coaching staff. That is irrational.

It's about perspective. Get some.
Lol. It’s you who obviously lacks perspective. Recency bias would be if we’d been playing well down the stretch but had a clunker of a game. That’s not this. This is TREND that you seem incapable of recognizing or refuse to accept. And it’s trend over NINE CONSECUTIVE SEASONS by our head coach. Not a single outlier that even you can hang your hat on.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Expectations are premeditated resentments.
Lol. That sounds fancy but is a relatively meaningless statement. Expectations are intellectually created benchmarks to help people achieve their greatest value.

AzRedbird69

Rookie
Reaction score
Projections & Predictions looking at all the scenarios....
Win 2 probably play the 9ers
Go 1-1 play the Bucs Go 0-2 play the Rams Tell me what you want, what you really really want

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I guess what sets Kliff apart from Nagy in your example is that a very good defense powered those Bears teams to the playoffs despite a pretty hapless offensive situation.

This team is better on offense; it’s more balanced, and everyone has the opportunity to keep getting better.

The defense is concerning to me because we can’t put our top draft picks on the field. If we can’t get out last two first-round ILBs on the field—how’re we going to find a spot for next year’s off-ball linebacker first-rounder?

But who are you going to replace Vance with that has any legitimacy when Kliff is on the last year of his deal?
I mean, is it anymore?

Those are the points our offense put up in this three game slide.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Projections & Predictions looking at all the scenarios....
Win 2 probably play the 9ers
Go 1-1 play the Bucs Go 0-2 play the Rams Tell me what you want, what you really really want
I'd rather play the Rams.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. That sounds fancy but is a relatively meaningless statement. Expectations are intellectually created benchmarks to help people achieve their greatest value.

When applied to self. Applying high benchmarks to the people around you, events around you, things you cannot control, will lead to disappointment and resentment over and over and over .... Especially true with the Cardinals!

It's impossible to not have expectations. But it is possible to realize them and when expectations are applied to things that are out of your control.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Incredible. In the 28 years they were in St Louis they made the playoffs 3 times. Never won a playoff game and never had a home playoff game. And Billy B was upset with the lack of support?
Well to be honest to his credit somewhat he knew he couldn’t compete with the revenue streams in St Louis without a new stadium. Same thing happened in AZ. Since the new stadium the numbers and %s are def better. Heck the Bidwills even bought their own 777.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
When applied to self. Applying high benchmarks to the people around you, events around you, things you cannot control, will lead to disappointment and resentment over and over and over .... Especially true with the Cardinals!

It's impossible to not have expectations. But it is possible to realize them and when expectations are applied to things that are out of your control.
They should have had those expectations for themselves abd are failing to Meet them now. And it’s still appropriate to have expectations of others. Yes it may result in being let down, but that’s just part of life. If you don’t have expectations of others or circumstances what is there to look forward to in life?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I mean, is it anymore?

Those are the points our offense put up in this three game slide.
Small sample size with a pretty debilitated unit. Yes happens to everyone this time of year, etc, but on the whole I feel like this team has more balanced than the past two seasons.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well to be honest to his credit somewhat he knew he couldn’t compete with the revenue streams in St Louis without a new stadium. Same thing happened in AZ. Since the new stadium the numbers and %s are def better. Heck the Bidwills even bought their own 777.
Michael did. If Bill was still in charge they would have a new bus. He was pretty bad in St Louis. To the players and fans. Met him a few times. He was very generous and charitable but he had an outdated approach to running an NFL team. Michael does seem to have some of the same blind loyalty to some hires. Michael with Keim and Billy with George Boone.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michael did. If Bill was still in charge they would have a new bus. He was pretty bad in St Louis. To the players and fans. Met him a few times. He was very generous and charitable but he had an outdated approach to running an NFL team. Michael does seem to have some of the same blind loyalty to some hires. Michael with Keim and Billy with George Boone.
I have never been able to figure out what Bill Jr does. Do you know? Is he the Fredo of the family?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt it... We won't have anything left to play for and we couldn't play well when we did. And the Seahawks will do all they can and all they know how to do in order to claim victory.

The not having anything to play for angle is something I didn’t think about. You’re right... they might try and use that game to “get healthy” again.

But if the Rams lose this week to Baltimore, the game will still have division title ramifications if we won and the Rams lost to the Niners (even if we lose to Dallas... which is as close to a near certainty as it gets in the NFL). In that case, we will go all out. But still might stink up the joint.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never been able to figure out what Bill Jr does. Do you know? Is he the Fredo of the family?
I honestly don’t think he does anything. Just free loads on the family fortune.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I sit him because Vance has repeatedly say that Zaven is "The backup". We want him to get snaps, and he can't overtake Jordan unless he gets snaps.

Jordan could be rested for the playoffs and we get to see the kid play.
You keep misspelling Joe Walker.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Here’s the way I now look at it. As much as I criticize Kyler, he is the future of the team and the bottom line is he will get his first game of playoff pressure under his belt.

If they win? Well, that’s progress. If they lose, hopefully they blow Kliff and staff out and bring in a coach to take this team forward and when that coach does, Kyler at least has a game of playoff pressure under his belt when he gets back there.
I agree with this. getting in matters most for Kyler as most first time playoff QBs are a bit overwhelmed by the experience. Who knows, maybe it will help him see what the next level looks like.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I guess what sets Kliff apart from Nagy in your example is that a very good defense powered those Bears teams to the playoffs despite a pretty hapless offensive situation.

This team is better on offense; it’s more balanced, and everyone has the opportunity to keep getting better.

The defense is concerning to me because we can’t put our top draft picks on the field. If we can’t get out last two first-round ILBs on the field—how’re we going to find a spot for next year’s off-ball linebacker first-rounder?

But who are you going to replace Vance with that has any legitimacy when Kliff is on the last year of his deal?
Mike Zimmer.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought he was a VP in the organization at one time. Not sure what he is now. Fredo a possibility. LOL
He was but I think more of an imaginary title with no real job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard