Trade speculation: Justin Jefferson to Arizona Cardinals

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ultimately Solar, the facts are that you are risk averse or at least take a risk adverse mindset in speaking about football and roster building. IMO, that mindset doesn't win you titles in the NFL.

He's dumb averse, not risk averse. Spending that much capital on a WR when you have 2 or 3 elite college wide receivers available to you in the draft is not smart roster construction for a team with a roster that is depleted of talent.

You're looking at $100m more over 4 years plus losing a high draft pick to get Jefferson. Let's say he costs #27 and next years 1st. We come out this year with Joe Alt and Jefferson.

For the same amount of capital and cap we could have MHJ, Josh Allen*, Tyler Guyton* and our 2025 1st.

* Insert players of choice here

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
For the same amount of capital and cap we could have MHJ, Josh Allen*, Tyler Guyton* and our 2025 1st.

* Insert players of choice here
Your assertions that we will either seek or close top-level free agents continues to be hilarious.

Take Josh Allen out of that mix and you’re looking at another year of mediocre at best football. There’s nothing constraining us from signing a high-level free agent except willpower and perception.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool… How many playoff victories and SB appearances did all those gaudy stats produce for the Minnesota Vikings? I remember Julio and Jamarr playing in SBs…
Each lost one. Losers.
Your assertions that we will either seek or close top-level free agents continues to be hilarious.

Take Josh Allen out of that mix and you’re looking at another year of mediocre at best football. There’s nothing constraining us from signing a high-level free agent except willpower and perception.
And the lack of high-level free agents? Not that many?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
And the lack of high-level free agents? Not that many?
That also. There will still be a handful of marquee free agents available. Just have to want to sign them.

Dangling top players out there is obviously a distraction. I hope I’m wrong and Monti can close top free agents.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Wait, so were willing to trade the house and pay $35m per for Jefferson but were not prepared to sign Josh Allen in FA for market rate with no trade comp?

How does that work?

Oh, and the Vikings were 2-8 with Jefferson last year, and 5-2 without him. Tell me again how Jefferson guarantees we don't have mediocre football.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait, so were willing to trade the house and pay $35m per for Jefferson but were not prepared to sign Josh Allen in FA for market rate with no trade comp?

How does that work?
It works because most likely Josh Allen won't be available?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It works because most likely Josh Allen won't be available?

I said insert whoever you like. Are all top FA's going to be tagged or resigned?

Replace Allen with Christian Wilkins or Danielle Hunter.

Heck, take the $25 extra cap and add Mike Onwenu and Jonathan Greenard. Or Chase Young, Stephon Gilmore and Robert Hunt. Take your pick.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

How does that work?

Oh, and the Vikings were 2-8 with Jefferson last year, and 5-2 without him. Tell me again how Jefferson guarantees we don't have mediocre football.
I don't think EITHER is going to happen.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said insert whoever you like. Are all top FA's going to be tagged or resigned?

Heck, take the $25 extra cap and add Mike Onwenu and Jonathan Greenard. Or Chase Young, Stephon Gilmore and Robert Hunt. Take your pick.
Fine with me!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I didn't say they were those players. I said they were the best prospects since those players.

I don't need to spend $35m per year vs $10m per year and give up more draft capital so I can get 1600 yards from Jefferson vs 1400 from MHJ/Nabers. And both those guys have the potential to be as good as or better than Jefferson.

I mean, Nabers is LSU's all time leading receiver surpassing Jefferson, Chase and all others with a worse QB.
You know Chase didn't play his final year at LSU don't you.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I know I'd hate it if we passed on the chance to draft this year's Anton Harrison(last year's #27 pick) and a likely mid 1st rounder next year for arguably the best WR in football.
Especially when we could use all that money we saved on not signing JJ to an extension and bring in the key free agents like Zach Pascal, Carlos Watkins, LJ Collier and Kris Boyd.
It's hilarious that people think the Cards are going to bring in premier UFA's when they have NEVER done that. But, hey, keep that cap space available. Or as good ole Rod Graves used to say, keeping the powder dry.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know I'd hate it if we passed on the chance to draft this year's Anton Harrison(last year's #27 pick) and a likely mid 1st rounder next year for arguably the best WR in football.
Especially when we could use all that money we saved on not signing JJ to an extension and bring in the key free agents like Zach Pascal, Carlos Watkins, LJ Collier and Kris Boyd.
It's hilarious that people think the Cards are going to bring in premier UFA's when they have NEVER done that. But, hey, keep that cap space available. Or as good ole Rod Graves used to say, keeping the powder dry.
"Judge our team after all the June 1st cuts!!"

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
They have to sign another 35 players. That will eat up that cap space, if they do go for proven talent. Signing to huge contract AND giving up draft picks, nope.
167 mil and a preference to adding young talent enables you to spend on one top 5 NFL player at a priority position which helps the QB.

When Tyreek signed his gigantic extension with the Dolphins, his year 1 cap hit was 12.8 mil. Monti can sign 34 other players at 1 mil per and still have 120 mil to work with.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
167 mil and a preference to adding young talent enables you to spend on one top 5 NFL player at a priority position which helps the QB.

When Tyreek signed his gigantic extension with the Dolphins, his year 1 cap hit was 12.8 mil. Monti can sign 34 other players at 1 mil per and still have 120 mil to work with.
Bold strategy, Cotton

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

You know you can do both, right.

Tyreek Hill cap hit on year one of his mega deal...12.8 mil.

Quinnen Williams cap hit in year 1 of his mega deal...6.4 mil.

So...Justin Jefferson...AND Madubieke/Wilkins...AND Joe Alt....AND 31 mil in cap space.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard