Trade speculation: Justin Jefferson to Arizona Cardinals

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Imagine ranking future cap flexibility as a high concern after winning eight games over the past two seasons combined.

Imagine thinking roster construction isn't important after spending the last several years complaining about roster construction.

Let's just give all the money to Kyler and Jefferson and role out a bunch of JAGs everywhere else.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Bidwill might have convinced Glendale to buy him new facilities by then!
What if Michael is playing a long con to get the facilities moved to the West Side? I wonder how locked-in to the Hardy Drive building the Cards are after 30+ years? I'm sure there was a deal in place when they got it.

Also, if the Cards want to flop over to a larger facility there's a big usesless hole off the I10 within walking distance of their current digs.

You must be registered for see images attach

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Imagine thinking roster construction isn't important after spending the last several years complaining about roster construction.

Let's just give all the money to Kyler and Jefferson and role out a bunch of JAGs everywhere else.
This is so obviously a false choice.

I've consistently said that every team has room for three max contracts on each side of the ball. Kyler, Jefferson, and there's still room to overpay James Conner or wait out Trey McBride. We have no one on the roster coming up for free agency in the next two years that are priorities to re-sign.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What if Michael is playing a long con to get the facilities moved to the West Side? I wonder how locked-in to the Hardy Drive building the Cards are after 30+ years? I'm sure there was a deal in place when they got it.

Also, if the Cards want to flop over to a larger facility there's a big usesless hole off the I10 within walking distance of their current digs.

Why would they stay over there? EDIT: duh!

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Why would they stay over there?
'Cause it's nicer. There's nothing on the West Side, and it's a pain to get to during the week. It seems like most of the richest players live in Paradise Valley, and that's a straight shot down the 101, mostly against traffic.

The middle-class players and coaches live in Tempe/Chandler/Ahwatukee, where there are LOTS of $800k-$2mm properties where they can practically bike to work.

No one wants to live west of the I-17.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is so obviously a false choice.

I've consistently said that every team has room for three max contracts on each side of the ball. Kyler, Jefferson, and there's still room to overpay James Conner or wait out Trey McBride. We have no one on the roster coming up for free agency in the next two years that are priorities to re-sign.

Yes this roster is definitely in the shape to have 41% of the cap spent on Kyler, Jefferson and Budda.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yes this roster is definitely in the shape to have 41% of the cap spent on Kyler, Jefferson and Budda.
Again, Tyreek's extension cap hit in year 1 was like 12.8 mil.

The cap is 255.4 plus what we rolled over from last year.

Kyler - 51.4
Budda - 19
Jefferson - 13

That totals 83.4 mil. 40% of 255.4 alone is 102.16 mil (again, not counting roll-over). And, you have advocated for cutting Bake so why are you counting him?

Just making stuff up here. Jefferson isn't hindering anything.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
'Cause it's nicer. There's nothing on the West Side, and it's a pain to get to during the week. It seems like most of the richest players live in Paradise Valley, and that's a straight shot down the 101, mostly against traffic.

The middle-class players and coaches live in Tempe/Chandler/Ahwatukee, where there are LOTS of $800k-$2mm properties where they can practically bike to work.

No one wants to live west of the I-17.
Excellent point! Thanks. It was a dumb question.

Nevermind!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The current footprint is really, really small.

Good for 1988, bad for now.

Also - where do most players end up living?

Are they east valley JUST because that is where HQ is?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nevermind!
There are some really nice areas on the west side - Arrowhead Lakes, other upscale areas of Peoria, Litchfield Park has some nice areas, but overall, not the same density as the East Valley

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Nevermind!

This board would be so much more pleasant if people would write more posts were like this and double down in increasingly deranged ways.

The current footprint is really, really small.

Good for 1988, bad for now.

Also - where do most players end up living?

Are they east valley JUST because that is where HQ is?

Yeah. That satellite view really shows how tight the property is compared to the Vikes facility or the one in Miami (which I think abuts Hard Rock Stadium.

I think the East Valley is where most everything is, including the airport and nightlife. I also think most of the smart players end up investing in real estate, and they can get a good foothold down here.

I was over by Rawhide last weekend; I wonder if the Cards could/would work out a deal with the Gila River folks to get a spot out there? They couldn't own it, I guess.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This board would be so much more pleasant if people would write more posts were like this and double down in increasingly deranged ways.

Yeah. That satellite view really shows how tight the property is compared to the Vikes facility or the one in Miami (which I think abuts Hard Rock Stadium.

I think the East Valley is where most everything is, including the airport and nightlife. I also think most of the smart players end up investing in real estate, and they can get a good foothold down here.

I was over by Rawhide last weekend; I wonder if the Cards could/would work out a deal with the Gila River folks to get a spot out there? They couldn't own it, I guess.
I was thinking the same thing with the tribe (s). Or up by Talking Stick on the SRPMIC

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson