Arizona Basketball 2017-18'

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Not sure of how much room when we join them there.

We’ve been pretenders for years with Miller and now are FLAT OUT EMBARASSMENTS WITH Scandal thrown into the
mix!

*******... I can’t remember a more bleak time to be a fan of anything Arizona Sports.

So true, but atleast the Dbacks did well last year and now it looks like the Coyotes are righting the ship as of late. ;)

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
BUFFALO BUFFALO BUFFALO just pounded your butts by 21 points. That's a fact. Who cares what you guys say about ASU basketball? Yeah, we are not good. But, man, did you not just get HANDLED by a team no one thought would do crap?
Wasn't it their first ever tourney win too?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And I repeatedly said ASU sucked, But au sucked a ******** instead of a fleshy extension. No one thought ASU would do crap this year. Yes, au people thought they could win the championship. Now they are sucking on hot garbage to claim they did something good. "Better than ASU", :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

That is your response? Suck on the popsicle of failure. Suck it good.
You’re a sad man

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And, I don't care. I would rather au lose than ASU win. Can you not comprehend that?
So you’re an “anti-fan?” How’s that treating your overall happiness in life? Man when you’re happiness is solely based on the misery of others you’ve sunk to a new human low.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It really makes you respect the Virginia and Nova’s that don’t recruit star players but they have an identity and always win. On that note another UCLA could drive another stake to the heart of Arizona and hire Tony Bennett.
THATS why I want jay Wright for the suns.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So true, but atleast the Dbacks did well last year and now it looks like the Coyotes are righting the ship as of late. ;)
And now the dbacks will again fade back into oblivion and the coyotes are gonna get the number one pick in a year where there are no mega studs. Of course. Arizona . . . welcome to sports hell. Hummmmmm

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Here comes the Suns. :cool:

Hope everyone is still on board for Ayton.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you’re an “anti-fan?” How’s that treating your overall happiness in life? Man when you’re happiness is solely based on the misery of others you’ve sunk to a new human low.

Puchie’s coming in hot!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It really makes you respect the Virginia and Nova’s that don’t recruit star players but they have an identity and always win. On that note another UCLA could drive another stake to the heart of Arizona and hire Tony Bennett.

That's who BRO wants but right now it appears Alford gets another year which confuses me but that seems to be the idea right now.

Arizona had a year full of controversy over the FBI stuff, and UCLA had 3 kids arrested in China and now 2 more who are rumored to be turning pro and were getting in minor trouble multiple times the last month of the season. It's why I would happily give up much of the highly rated recruiting class to get a more stable coach and program. The freshmen class this year at least so far is the biggest bust since the 08 Jrue Holiday class.

Will be a fascinating off season for both programs, at least Arizona already knows they're implicated in the FBI story they just aren't yet sure to what extent. One of the stated reasons that Alford won't get fired is that UCLA doesn't know if any of the coaches they would target, are going to be implicated in the FBI case. They don't want to fire a coach to hire another guy only to have him named in that case in the future.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona's loss was the second largest ever to a 12 seed or higher.

Only bigger loss was Navy (with David Robinson) beating LSU by 23. And Buffalo was up by 25.

Note - David Robinson was the POY, so winning as a 13-seed isn't surprising. Arizona has the favorite to win this year's POY - Ayton, and got slaughtered.

It shows several things, but mainly, the talent level in the NCAA's has taken a real hit with the early entrants.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Arizona's loss was the second largest ever to a 12 seed or higher.

Only bigger loss was Navy (with David Robinson) beating LSU by 23. And Buffalo was up by 25.

Note - David Robinson was the POY, so winning as a 13-seed isn't surprising. Arizona has the favorite to win this year's POY - Ayton, and got slaughtered.

It shows several things, but mainly, the talent level in the NCAA's has taken a real hit with the early entrants.

Buffalo had an RPI of 26 before that game. I think it was TJ that said don't overlook them when the bracket came out.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buffalo had an RPI of 26 before that game. I think it was TJ that said don't overlook them when the bracket came out.

Looking at their schedule they had no bad losses, they only lost to Cincy by 6 points.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Eh it was literally the achool’s first win the tournament ever. Right?

That's a nice bit of trivia, but it didn't affect the type of year Buffalo had. This year, they weren't a trash team.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a nice bit of trivia, but it didn't affect the type of year Buffalo had. This year, they weren't a trash team.

They weren't anything special. Best win before last night: Pick'em between Canisius, Jacksonville State, UAB, Niagara, Robert Morris, UAB or Delaware. Bad losses to Kent and Northern Illinois.

27Veer

Veteran
Reaction score
When you combine the natural arrogance a large dynamic program that has been touted as one of the great teams this year going against a small program there needs to be only one thing that sets up an upset. That is to give them early success. We did that and some of our key players began to rush themselves, not quit but to lose focus of team play. Then have the star of the ball unable to do what he is used to AND unbelievable 3 point shots sunk the ship.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They look like a pretty good team on paper, it would appear they were a bad matchup for UA because they were able to spread you out. The guards made 3's and the bigs took Ristic and Ayton off the bounce.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They weren't anything special. Best win before last night: Pick'em between Canisius, Jacksonville State, UAB, Niagara, Robert Morris, UAB or Delaware. Bad losses to Kent and Northern Illinois.

Kent State is normally quite good, don't know about this year never saw them.

I did notice Buffalo lost to St Bonaventure.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson