Any news on Suggs workout...

ds512az

All Star
Reaction score
The workout is today. Starting in around 3 minutes (11:30am)

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was delayed because Terrell spied a microphone and started talking instead. :rolleyes:

He's not exactly media-shy.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Following the Cardinals since 1988, I don't think we've ever had a media savvy player here. Jake used to be our "spokesman" but would only talk to the media under a tree on tuesday's.

Suggs is EXACTLY what we need here, on so many levels. I'd do most anything to get him, even hope he has a bad workout.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
Following the Cardinals since 1988, I don't think we've ever had a media savvy player here. Jake used to be our "spokesman" but would only talk to the media under a tree on tuesday's.

Suggs is EXACTLY what we need here, on so many levels. I'd do most anything to get him, even hope he has a bad workout.

Yeah, but we all know he's going to rock! Damn, I sure wish we'd have made a move with Cinci before today. Now it's going to cost a hell of a lot more.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex

Simeon was a media savvy player. It's just that no one here liked what he had to say. Realists on this board have to admit that what he said was true. He's even better at it now that he's in TB.

Kendall always has quotes in the paper. He get a lot of press from our columnists and such, but, because we're a bad team, no one pays any attention to us. DB could have done himself a great service if he'd spoken with the media a little more. He'd fully be in the same class as R. Moss and T. Owens if he would have said anything interesting when someone put a mic in front of him.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
My definition of "media savvy," means knowing what the media is trying to accomplish, and having the ability to comprehend those questions, being able to speak in an understandable language, and IF the language is understandable, that the words form understandable sentances.

Simeon fails at all these examples. He spends just enough time in front of mic's, to make himself look bad.

Pete Kendall does a great job, but he's an offensive lineman, so he is WAY too smart, and not glamorous enough.

David Boston is too stupid to ever realize anything close to his potential. The best he could hope for, is to be one of those players that when asked a question about a game, they only talk about how god blessed them with such talent.

pinnacle

Reaction score
not much news..KDUS has a reporter at ASU..the last time he updated was 12:00 AZ time..from 12 - 1 bill lewis has his golf hour..so last I heard was noon..

about 10 ASU players were working out..suggs weighed in at 257 ..reporter sounded like suggs wanted it to be 260 - 265..they were still in the weight room and will be outside this afternoon. It is a little windy where I am in scottsdale..and I understand suggs will run outside.

In the weight room watching: larry marmie, don capers of the texans and another head coach I cannot remember.. said pretty much all head coaches for most teams, mac and graves will be there for the outdoor part (running, etc).

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That golf hour is the worst

I bet they lose 80% of their listeners when the golf hour comes on.

pinnacle

Reaction score
they need to lose the golf hour. awful. They have an advantage until 1:00 in that they are the only local sports show on..and they screw it up and waste the hour. I think the problem is that jurecki has to leave at 12:00 on wednesday..so they need filler.

so far away

Overpaid Rookie
Reaction score
Are they still doing the water cooler? If so have the calls gotten any better? Other than Hector they all sucked.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
The War Room just upgraded Suggs to the best player in the draft jumping ahead of Palmer, Rogers and Kennedy. He won't be there at #6

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard