Andre Smith released

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keim more or less nailed the 2018 draft. Had one losing season as GM before this year.

And the GM has to be fired for one terrible season?
How can you assess he nailed the draft this year? Rosen's numbers have been pedestrian at best. Kirk has been good, yes. Cole, not good so far, Edmonds is average at best, Campbell didn't make it out of training camp, and Cunningham got roasted along with the rest of the offensive line. Not to mention that his drafts have been horrible overall and his and Arians' brilliant "win now" free agent signings have set this team back years. Tell me where I'm wrong.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Circular pointing of the fingers.

Could be a PR move

Doesn't move the needle.

Whatever. (Maybe Andre flipped the bird at the wrong official).

Point is: We not only don't know/we don't even know what we don't know.

Only productive sanity-retaining thing we fans can do is watch as much as possible, read whatever we can get our hands on and see what develops as it develops.

All I'm looking for are guys who finish their assignments and win more than their share of one-on-one battles (Not too many of those). All else is window dressing.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cole, not good so far

C'mon, we have seen some bad OL for awhile - so far, I have not once heard people calling for Cole's head on a gameday thread. The guy is incredibly solid - not a lot of push, but just a smart, solid player for a rookie. If Toner, Boehm, Watford, or any of those others drafted played as solid as Cole, we would at least of one of the G positions covered as well in the future.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How can you assess he nailed the draft this year? Rosen's numbers have been pedestrian at best. Kirk has been good, yes. Cole, not good so far, Edmonds is average at best, Campbell didn't make it out of training camp, and Cunningham got roasted along with the rest of the offensive line. Not to mention that his drafts have been horrible overall and his and Arians' brilliant "win now" free agent signings have set this team back years. Tell me where I'm wrong.
What's missing from the above analysis is (1) how coachable the new players are and (2) how good the new coaches are at getting the job done. The dynamic of how much individual players and the team as a whole improve week to week is huge. Unfortunately, I don't see much directional improvement on this Cardinal team. (Same guys who started the season are the same guys we have now).

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's missing from the above analysis is (1) how coachable the new players are and (2) how good the new coaches are at getting the job done. The dynamic of how much individual players and the team as a whole improve week to week is huge. Unfortunately, I don't see much directional improvement on this Cardinal team. (Same guys who started the season are the same guys we have now).
All true but saying Keim nailed this draft is just not provable right now.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
C'mon, we have seen some bad OL for awhile - so far, I have not once heard people calling for Cole's head on a gameday thread. The guy is incredibly solid - not a lot of push, but just a smart, solid player for a rookie. If Toner, Boehm, Watford, or any of those others drafted played as solid as Cole, we would at least of one of the G positions covered as well in the future.
I said not right now but then again the entire offensive line is a dumpster fire.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I will go down with the "Cole is a decent NFL linemen" ship.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Wow.

How many free agent signings from this last offseason are now gone ?

- Sam Bradford
- Andre Smith
- Jamar Taylor
- Bene Benwikere <-- This is a guy that has played in Wilks' defense before. WTF ?

And let's be honest, Justin Pugh is not anything to write home about, and Mike Glennon is currently being pushed by Chad Kanoff.

At least we have all seen the last of Phil Dawson.

At this point the only fun in being a fan is to be spiteful, good thing we made sure to sign linebackers to play in this 4-3 defense right ?

What an absolute joke.

I can confidently say, I could have put together a better team then Keim Miller Time.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wow.

- Sam Bradford
- Andre Smith
- Jamar Taylor
- Bene Benwikere <-- This is a guy that has played in Wilks' defense before. WTF ?

And let's be honest, Justin Pugh is not anything to write home about, and Mike Glennon is currently being pushed by Chad Kanoff.

At this point the only fun in being a fan is to be spiteful, good thing we made sure to sign linebackers to play in this 4-3 defense right ?

What an absolute joke.

I can confidently say, I could have put together a better team then Keim Miller Time.

I will bet a dollar, Cadinals will only play 3-4 rest of the season and more man coverage. AlHolcomb is trashed too. they are not announcing it.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smith has been a disaster at RT in the passing game. He was going to get Rosen killed.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow.

- Sam Bradford
- Andre Smith
- Jamar Taylor

What an absolute joke.

Im sure u can
As u stated they released almost everyone they signed on march

Sam Bradford
Andre smith
Bene benkiwere
Jamar taylor
Brice butler

And the few are still on the roster are not more then average player

Pugh, mayowa, boston

Curious to know how nelson and brandon Williams are still on the roster

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wasn't Benwikere playing well? I haven't been watching games but he is second on team in INT's is he not?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in that article yesterday on the team quitting on coaches Corey Peters made a loud statement on accident.... he commented that guys just were not doing what the coaches coached them to do...asked why,...."I dont know"...all that wrapped up in "I just keep my head down and play football.

sounds like there is serious leadership issues in the locker room....which we all knew when one of those leaders off handedly asked for a trade mid season

Good thing we have guys like Calais and HB to hold people accountable...oh wait

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wasn't Benwikere playing well? I haven't been watching games but he is second on team in INT's is he not?

He started to drop in production - maybe things started showing on film, maybe he started pressing too hard, I didn't think he was cut worthy, but looks like Keim is burning everything down because that is how you go out swinging?

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Wow.

- Sam Bradford
- Andre Smith
- Jamar Taylor

What an absolute joke.

Tre Boston has been atrocious also.

Reactions: PJ1

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's hard to understand who's running the show and driving these moves.

I see a clear dynamic.

Keim is asserting the control over personnel as GM.

Wilks has a say in who his assistants are and is likely resisting (which is Wilks right) changes to that group.

That is why all changes are on personnel only not coaches.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So who plays if Humphries can't go?

I didn't like the Smith signing to begin with, but the Cardinals are too thin at tackle to release him now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard