Air Raid Offense - Kingsbury

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Kliff Kingsbury on air phone interview from Dan Patrick Show. He is the anti Steve Wilks.:shades:

Interview begins at 21:51 of podcast. Enjoy.

https://www.podcastone.com/episode/Dan-Patrick-Show---Hour-2---Kliff-Kingsbury-12-17-18

Here is a link with just the interview with KK.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He has a Super Bowl ring with Patriots 2003.

Cool stuff about Brady.

Talks about Rams opportunity/McVay.

He wants to be a HC in NFL.

Had Mahomes for 3 years. "If I would have had him for 4...I would still have that job". :)

Which QB you coached was better (Manziel, Baker, or Mahomes)? Went through strengths of each.

My take - Humble guy. I like him.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Here is a link with just the interview with KK.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He has a Super Bowl ring with Patriots 2003.

Cool stuff about Brady.

Talks about Rams opportunity/McVay.

He wants to be a HC in NFL.

Had Mahomes for 3 years. "If I would have had him for 4...I would still have that job". :)

Which QB you coached was better (Manziel, Baker, or Mahomes)? Went through strengths of each.

My take - Humble guy. I like him.
Kinda humble, yet still a little brash...

Maybe the Matthew McConaughey of football???

Alright, alright, alright...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
What makes you think that? I didn't pick that up at all.

In fact, not taking the Rams job made him more available for NFL HC interviews.
Also, he hadn't really talked to or studies the QBs, at that point. Not exactly diving in head first...

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Kinda humble, yet still a little brash...

I say that because of Joe Montana comment, Tom Brady comment, and he could have taken credit for any of the QB success (Mahomes specifically) but didn't at all. It was all about the player...the way praise should be as a leader.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
I say that because of Joe Montana comment, Tom Brady comment, and he could have taken credit for any of the QB success (Mahomes specifically) but didn't at all. It was all about the player...the way praise should be as a leader.
Totally agree...sounds very humble, but something in his voice has confidence, too...

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What makes you think that? I didn't pick that up at all.

In fact, not taking the Rams job made him more available for NFL HC interviews.
Just that he seemed very excited to be at USC. I’m all on board with KK. I just got the feeling that is where he’s going to stay however, he still is interviewing so I could be wrong.EDIT! Did not notice this was on 12/17. What he thinks and the offers on the table today could have changed his way of thinking .

Reaction score
How can a college block a move to the NFL?

College coaches break their contracts all the time don't they?

My hopes for an Air Raid offense just took a hit!

''At last month's NFL owners meetings in Dallas, league officials informed team executives that they now had to request permission from college athletic directors to interview college coaches. Not doing so would be considered "conduct detrimental" and the NFL then could dock draft picks from teams, sources said.

"If permission is denied, the NFL club should respect that decision just as it would respect a similar decision from another NFL club," the rule states in part. "NFL clubs that fail to follow these protocols may be subject to disciplinary action for conduct detrimental to the League."''

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How can a college block a move to the NFL?

College coaches break their contracts all the time don't they?

My hopes for an Air Raid offense just took a hit!

New rule. NFL teams have to ask permission of a college to interview one of their coaches. If a team doesn't get permission they can be docked draft picks/fined.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"At last month's NFL owners meetings in Dallas, league officials informed team executives that they now had to request permission from college athletic directors to interview college coaches. Not doing so would be considered "conduct detrimental" and the NFL then could dock draft picks from teams, sources said."

Give up the #1 pick. He is worth more.

Last edited:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I really can’t believe the NFL agreed to such a rule, but since it’s there time to move on. Down to Campbell or Taylor for me now, which means I don’t expect a coaching hire until the Saints or Rams are eliminated which means at least another week but could drag to the Super Bowl.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't that mean lateral moves?

In the NFL, can't you deny an OC under contract from interviewing for another OC job, but not HC?

So I don't see how it would be the same thing as the NFL rules if you are offering a college OC a HC job.

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I agree with you Gator.

I can't imagine KK would sign a contract that would block him from other HC opportunities (college or pro). I also can't believe that a college team could block a coordinator from becoming a head coach (especially NFL). Has anyone heard of that before?

Unless, he was given a contract that makes him the automatic new HC of USC (once Helton is fired). USC might be forced to fire Helton now.

I think this might be a hurdle but still holding out hope this can get worked out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard