After 18 years, it still happens...

Reaction score
OK, so I have this wishlist on my tivo to record anything with the word Cardinals and a theme of football. Today I checked to make sure the game tomorrow was set to record, and I see that it is also prepared to record Broncos@Rams on HD channel 725. In the guide description of that game it says Denver Broncos@St. Louis Cardinals!! WTF! If you have Directv, check it out. Does anyone ever mistakenly say Baltimore Colts? Or LA Rams?

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Wow I'm away from home.. the damn thing better record the right game!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
not to make it okay --

the fact that there still is a "St. Louis Cardinals", albeit in baseball, probably reinforces the mistake

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
en fuego said:
not to make it okay --

the fact that there still is a "St. Louis Cardinals", albeit in baseball, probably reinforces the mistake

being a cardinals football AND baseball fan i think i figured out the problem there...the baseball cardinals are playing the d'back on sunday just about the same time maybe it has something to do with that??? i don't live in AZ but that is purely a guess...GO Cardinals...all of 'em!!

gusmahler

Registered
Reaction score
FarAwayFanatic said:
OK, so I have this wishlist on my tivo to record anything with the word Cardinals and a theme of football. Today I checked to make sure the game tomorrow was set to record, and I see that it is also prepared to record Broncos@Rams on HD channel 725. In the guide description of that game it says Denver Broncos@St. Louis Cardinals!! WTF! If you have Directv, check it out. Does anyone ever mistakenly say Baltimore Colts? Or LA Rams?

Ah, that explains things. I checked my DirecTV-brand DVR. I have it set to record anything in the category football with the key word "Cardinals." For some reason, it was set to record the Denver Short Cut. I didn't look closely and just assumed it was bad data from the last pre-season game. I'll have to check it out when I get home to see if it says STL Cards.

I guess the good news is that probably no one calls us the Chicago Cardinals any more.

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
cards aren't in HD this week on DTV. STOOPID DTV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson