Way too early 2021 1st Round Mock Draft

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't underestimate linebacker as a position of need. Especially if we are picking 20+, that may offer the most value.

Campbell is FA after this year. Hicks only has 2 years left and is cuttable after 1, especially as he isn't playing up to him contract and Simmons is an unknown. If someone like Moses is still there it wouldn't surprise me.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would be fine with any offensive weapon because Kingsbury is an elite play caller, and Murray is Murray. TEs are not really the most deadly weapons, especially for a guy like Murray who usually doesn’t need to worry about quick short throws because he doesn’t get blitzed.
It is more about creating mismatches and dictating personnel groupings than just calling a nice play. Top end TEs are as much about the defense subbing a LB for a DB as they are about piling up yards.

Consider this...teams tend to want play more zone and /or spy Murray with a smaller LB or S. Adding a top end TE now gives us a size advantage if we want to punish teams for running out a smaller personnel group. The defense counters your 250lb TE by bringing in a larger LB. If the TE you have on the field can also run a 4.6 at 250 lbs now that larger LB is getting burnt in coverage without you having to tip your hand by substituting.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
It is more about creating mismatches and dictating personnel groupings than just calling a nice play. Top end TEs are as much about the defense subbing a LB for a DB as they are about piling up yards.

Consider this...teams tend to want play more zone and /or spy Murray with a smaller LB or S. Adding a top end TE now gives us a size advantage if we want to punish teams for running out a smaller personnel group. The defense counters your 250lb TE by bringing in a larger LB. If the TE you have on the field can also run a 4.6 at 250 lbs now that larger LB is getting burnt in coverage without you having to tip your hand by substituting.
This is what keeps defensive strategists up at night. There is a reason gronk, andrews, kelce, and kittle have been successful or nightmares depending on which side of the ball you're on.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Golden and Reddick are FA next year. Unless they both sign cheap (like $4m each cheap) I think he can only keep one of them. Jones was down this year and FA after next. OLB has to be a serious consideration.

Good work though, takes a lot of effort.
The wildcard next year is a much lower cap that will put way more quality vets on the market competing for lower deals. Because cap is revenue driven and this years revenue will suck, I expect a lot of one year deals in hopes that they can sign in 2022 assuming cap goes up. Game ready draft picks will be huge. Cheap vets and lower round free agents will have to fill holes for many teams. This off season will separate the men from the boys when it comes to GMs.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The wildcard next year is a much lower cap that will put way more quality vets on the market competing for lower deals. Because cap is revenue driven and this years revenue will suck, I expect a lot of one year deals in hopes that they can sign in 2022 assuming cap goes up. Game ready draft picks will be huge. Cheap vets and lower round free agents will have to fill holes for many teams. This off season will separate the men from the boys when it comes to GMs.
They made a deal to spread the revenue loss over three years so the cap will be lower for at least three years
Dudes coming off their rookie deals will be the ones getting screwed I think.... it’s usually their first big contract but it’s gonna be smaller than it should

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Chopper, I think that is the perfect pick for the Cardinals.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Keim has been super consistent about the positions he will consider in the first round. QB, CB, OT, Someone who can rush the passer

I love Pat and get to see him in Happy Valley most weekends when there isn't a pandemic. As far as I'm concerned, he's an awesome luxury but not a 1st rounder.

We need a CB, Pass Rusher, or insane O-Line talent.

That means (In no particular order):
Sewell
Rousseau
Leatherwood
Cosmi
Humphrey
Parsons
Moses
Surtain
Adebo

etc.

Hallmark of a trash GM

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
One big observation after yesterday...we need to be more physical up front on offense. I don't know if it significantly changes things in round 1, but our interior 3 needs to get more push.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Draft whoever this is

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose