Adrian Peterson wants out of minnesota

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
MAD Adrian Peterson. RESTED Adrian Peterson. OLD Adrian Peterson. OVERWORKED Adrian Peterson. NOT FREE Adrian Peterson. BAGGAGE HAULING Adrian Peterson. Again, I'll pass. If he were 3 years younger and if we weren't already looking at a possible PR nightmare with Washington, maybe then I'd take on the image problems he presents.

Steve

I'm not sure I have read many Cardinals opinions from you in the past but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in that you watch enough NFL to know what you are talking about.

There will be no PR nightmare for Adrian Peterson wherever he goes. The story was overblown in a social media world and is not consistent with APs history. It will only be a topic in that people will bring it up when discussing what all he's went through to return to stardom. Book it. Now that he won his appeal and the NFL wronged him, Goodell will do even more to sweep the whole thing under the rug going into next year.

Overworked huh? This is where I begin to question things. He didn't really play last year thus saving mileage on what should be one of his best physical years. Because of who he is and when you compare him to other legendary backs with supreme physical skill - he's got 2 more years left at least. Which is the Cardinals window.

I mean seriously people think this is a "I laugh at people who want to bring in every name guy"...I mean seriously that's what you think? AP is a name being brought in? Umm ok

Problem is there is no realy accountability for this type of stuff either if I'm totally wrong (I'm not) or you are (highley likely). You are certainly entitled to your opinion but that doesn't mean I can't tell you the foundation of that opinion is highly flawed.

How about this- no matter where her goes next year I bet AP will be top 3 in rushing and in the Pro Bowl barring a catastrophic injury. I'm sure once that comes up the people who didn't want him will rationalize how they weren't that wrong. That won't fly with me and I'll make sure to be here crow in hand for a feeding session.

Don't want AP lol that's like the people on this board who were saying they didn't want Peyton three years ago. Just a silly opinion that looks dumber as time goes on.

Last edited:

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't get how everyone is saying AP has a lot of tread on the tires (being overworked, etc). He played 1 game last year and would have probably tore it up if he didn't get suspended. Plus his injury year, where he didn't play the year. I would love to have him here and not be with the Cowboys. I see 3-4 more good years (unless injury) with AP. The guy is an absolute beast and doesn't know how to not run hard and hit the D. Fresh start for him in another organization would be very beneficial to him, IMO. Not sure being home in Dallas is the best situation for him or in another way, maybe best. AP/Ellington/Williams (or whomever) combo would be the best backfield that we have ever had here in AZ. Do I think what he did was wrong, yes. Do I think he will be clean from this day forward, without a doubt! This is just my thoughts. Feel free to give me your thoughts! :p

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't get how everyone is saying AP has a lot of tread on the tires (being overworked, etc). He played 1 game last year and would have probably tore it up if he didn't get suspended. Plus his injury year, where he didn't play the year. I would love to have him here and not be with the Cowboys. I see 3-4 more good years (unless injury) with AP. The guy is an absolute beast and doesn't know how to not run hard and hit the D. Fresh start for him in another organization would be very beneficial to him, IMO. Not sure being home in Dallas is the best situation for him or in another way, maybe best. AP/Ellington/Williams (or whomever) combo would be the best backfield that we have ever had here in AZ. Do I think what he did was wrong, yes. Do I think he will be clean from this day forward, without a doubt! This is just my thoughts. Feel free to give me your thoughts! :p

There's different kinds of mileage. If Peterson had been an elusive runner instead of the punishing back he's often been, turning 30 next month might not mean as much. Yes, he's missed some time but he has multiple 300 carry seasons and he's taken a lot of hits. Maybe he's got 3 or 4 more years in him but by the same token, how many players ever get back to their peak when they sit out for a full season? If he were a reasonably priced free agent with no off the field concerns, he'd be a great signing. But, all things considered, IMO, he's likely to be more trouble than he's worth.

Steve

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's different kinds of mileage. If Peterson had been an elusive runner instead of the punishing back he's often been, turning 30 next month might not mean as much. Yes, he's missed some time but he has multiple 300 carry seasons and he's taken a lot of hits. Maybe he's got 3 or 4 more years in him but by the same token, how many players ever get back to their peak when they sit out for a full season? If he were a reasonably priced free agent with no off the field concerns, he'd be a great signing. But, all things considered, IMO, he's likely to be more trouble than he's worth.

Steve

FWIW, I didnt want to draft him because of his college injury. I was wrong. AP now gets the benefit from me of not questioning his ability to bounce back.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I didnt want to draft him because of his college injury. I was wrong. AP now gets the benefit from me of not questioning his ability to bounce back.

Same for me. And there's no denying he's a workout warrior. I just see the risks as greater than the rewards.

Steve

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same for me. And there's no denying he's a workout warrior. I just see the risks as greater than the rewards.

Steve

I am willing to take the risk for AP and roll with him for the next few years to try and get us the best chance at a Super Bowl win. Have we ever had an explosive RB like him? Would love to have a solid run game for once

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am willing to take the risk for AP and roll with him for the next few years to try and get us the best chance at a Super Bowl win. Have we ever had an explosive RB like him? Would love to have a solid run game for once

I can't disagree with this part. But if I were going to take a gamble to improve my running game, I'd do it on Gurley. Todd has the ACL and some minor off the field stuff but he's a better risk IMO. And you can look forward to quality production from him for 6 to 8 years rather than the 1 to 3 we'd likely see from Peterson.

Steve

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't disagree with this part. But if I were going to take a gamble to improve my running game, I'd do it on Gurley. Todd has the ACL and some minor off the field stuff but he's a better risk IMO. And you can look forward to quality production from him for 6 to 8 years rather than the 1 to 3 we'd likely see from Peterson.

Steve

you are assuming Gurley will make it all the way down to 24 though.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you are assuming Gurley will make it all the way down to 24 though.

Oh I have no idea if he'll fall that far. And I have no idea if Peterson would seriously consider us (regardless of what his father has said). I just meant that I'd prefer the Gurley scenario over the Peterson scenario.

Steve

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I have no idea if he'll fall that far. And I have no idea if Peterson would seriously consider us (regardless of what his father has said). I just meant that I'd prefer the Gurley scenario over the Peterson scenario.

Steve

depends who is there at 24. IE if it was the top OLB and top RB still available I would go OLB all day.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
depends who is there at 24. IE if it was the top OLB and top RB still available I would go OLB all day.

Yeah, sure, lots of ways to go. This one is getting away from me though. I'm not saying, let's go get Gurley. I just threw it out there as an example that if I were determined to take a gamble on shoring up the run game, I'd rather take a chance on someone like Gurley.

Steve

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sure, lots of ways to go. This one is getting away from me though. I'm not saying, let's go get Gurley. I just threw it out there as an example that if I were determined to take a gamble on shoring up the run game, I'd rather take a chance on someone like Gurley.

Steve

however you know you can try to get AP, you have no idea if gurley is even an option.

sooooo if RB is priority, you go after AP IMO or murray

FA is for needs, draft is for BPA.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
however you know you can try to get AP, you have no idea if gurley is even an option.

sooooo if RB is priority, you go after AP IMO or murray

FA is for needs, draft is for BPA.

Like I said, lots of ways to go here. I'd even be fine with the idea that you address both lines early and then draft someone like David Johnson in the 3rd round or maybe Mike Davis if he's still there in the 4th. But we still have the basic disagreement over AP, whether the risks make it worthwhile.

Steve

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I said, lots of ways to go here. I'd even be fine with the idea that you address both lines early and then draft someone like David Johnson in the 3rd round or maybe Mike Davis if he's still there in the 4th. But we still have the basic disagreement over AP, whether the risks make it worthwhile.

Steve

I only consider AP a risk if he wants big money. if he will play for 4 mil a year I would do it real quick.

if he wants more than that, I wouldnt even bother.

Last edited:

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Steve

Trust me, I am a huge Gurley fan too and would love to have either one. My 1st choice, it would still be the proven player in AP, but wouldn't be upset if we somehow landed either. :)

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only consider AP a risk if he wants big money. if he will play for 4 mil a year I would do it real quick.

if he wants more than that, I wouldnt even bother.

What $ does Dallas offer him? They are in a great spot if AP goes to the market. If they don't land AP, then they can focus on a deal for Murray. Either way, they are solid at RB

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would turn it down too. This is probably Murrays last time to get a big long term contract and he can get that somewhere else I bet

he is 3 years younger and coming off of being the #1 rusher in the league. I cant imagine they would offer AP even more considering he is 3 years older and coming off of a suspended season is all i am getting at

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he is 3 years younger and coming off of being the #1 rusher in the league. I cant imagine they would offer AP even more considering he is 3 years older and coming off of a suspended season is all i am getting at

For sure

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Vikings cut him I'd be fine if the Cards made a run at him, but there is no way I'd trade for him. Especially not a first round pick. What decade are Doug and Wolfe living in?

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's AP
Yea I'll trade our 1 to get him. So long as we have a 3 year deal.
It's freaking AP people...by far the best RB in the BIZ

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's AP
Yea I'll trade our 1 to get him. So long as we have a 3 year deal.
It's freaking AP people...by far the best RB in the BIZ

Its a 32 year old who has hardly played in a year and has had his share of injuries.

Don't trade first round picks for aging vets with question marks, not now, not ever. And especially at running back, the position with the shortest shelf life and so much reliance on the system.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Its a 32 year old who has hardly played in a year and has had his share of injuries.

Don't trade first round picks for aging vets with question marks, not now, not ever. And especially at running back, the position with the shortest shelf life and so much reliance on the system.

Or maybe 29 year old...sign him, if he's available, but don't trade anything higher than a 3rd for him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard