Adrian Peterson wants out of minnesota

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
AP is one of those rare talents that you make it work to get.

Watching him play, I bet he has another 4 good to great seasons left in him. Even with the sorry state of our interior offensive line, we would instantly be a lot better running the football.

Imagine having AP, Ellington, John Brown, Fitzgerald, and Floyd on the field at the same time. Speed, size, power, that would be a tough group of skill position players to deal with.

If we signed/traded for Peterson, I would make OL the priority in the draft and the rest of free agency.

I agree.
OL and D.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think he could use a Switch..... to the Arizona Cardinals!

FORKTUNG

Registered
Reaction score
Isn't he under contract for 3 more years at a high dollar rate?

I wouldn't trade for that but if he hits free agency a fair market deal for a 30 YO

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
AP is one of those rare talents that you make it work to get.

Watching him play, I bet he has another 4 good to great seasons left in him. Even with the sorry state of our interior offensive line, we would instantly be a lot better running the football.

Imagine having AP, Ellington, John Brown, Fitzgerald, and Floyd on the field at the same time. Speed, size, power, that would be a tough group of skill position players to deal with.

If we signed/traded for Peterson, I would make OL the priority in the draft and the rest of free agency.

Agree. There's not a lot of thought that needs to go into this, except for don't trade first round picks to make it happen.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My son (9) and I were listening to Doug and Wolf on the way to drop him off at school. He said "Peterson might come to the Cardinals?" I said, "that's what they're talking about." He said, "Tell him to bring his stick (laughing). He'd be great running down the field with it." (he made swatting noises at the would be tacklers). LOL!!! I busted up laughing!

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The whole "he wants to go to Dallas!" thing reeks of big market media manufacturing to me. But hey if Jerruh wants to let the best running back in the league hit the free market to get a couple years out of AP, he can be my guest.

There aren't many better situation AP could go outside of mending fences in MN and proving himself again, other than coming to AZ to be the feature where he has a guy like Ellington to continue to punish and tire out defenses when he sits out.

But I am not counting any chickens.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
LOL at people who dont want any part of Adrian Peterson. MAD Adrian Peterson. RESTED Adrian Peterson.

I hope he comes here just for the HOF potential of these posts.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL at people who dont want any part of Adrian Peterson. MAD Adrian Peterson. RESTED Adrian Peterson.

MAD Adrian Peterson. RESTED Adrian Peterson. OLD Adrian Peterson. OVERWORKED Adrian Peterson. NOT FREE Adrian Peterson. BAGGAGE HAULING Adrian Peterson. Again, I'll pass. If he were 3 years younger and if we weren't already looking at a possible PR nightmare with Washington, maybe then I'd take on the image problems he presents.

Steve

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

I LOL at everyone who wants every player who gets cut or wants to play somewhere else.:bigyawn:

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
:
MAD Adrian Peterson. RESTED Adrian Peterson. OLD Adrian Peterson. OVERWORKED Adrian Peterson. NOT FREE Adrian Peterson. BAGGAGE HAULING Adrian Peterson. Again, I'll pass. If he were 3 years younger and if we weren't already looking at a possible PR nightmare with Washington, maybe then I'd take on the image problems he presents.

Steve

:clapping::clapping:

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

Steve

Other than the baggage hauling AP, we don't really know about the others, though, do we?

Gotta admit I'm intrigued, as long as legal due process is given.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Do people really think Adrian Peterson is going to just give up his 3 years remaining on his contract worth almost 40 million dollars?I sure don`t see that happening.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
AP is linked to the Cardinals as well as Colts and Cowboys

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...an-peterson-linked-to-cowboys-colts-cardinals

I don't understand why he would turn down the Cowboys if their ready to part ways with Murray (who will probably be overpaid) and make AP their bell cow RB.

AP is from Dallas so he would be going home. Plus they have the best OL in football allowing him to resurrect his career.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Steve

What PR nightmare? The honest truth is no one outside of Phoenix cares (or even knows) about Washington's DV incident, and people forgot about Dwyer within 48 hours.

Compared to AP and Rice, the magnitude is rather minuscule. ESPN MIGHT spend 10 seconds talking about the next suspension when it happens.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
What PR nightmare? The honest truth is no one outside of Phoenix cares (or even knows) about Washington's DV incident, and people forgot about Dwyer within 48 hours.

Compared to AP and Rice, the magnitude is rather minuscule. ESPN MIGHT spend 10 seconds talking about the next suspension when it happens.

Rice, Peterson, nobody really cares anymore since the league is saturated with incidents... they get paid to play football and if they are not in jail the law says they can play, the NFL is not the law :D

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was talking about the possibility of a PR problem, not the existence of one. Maybe we don't matter enough to the sports world but I think we've all seen things like this happen far too often. Bring in Peterson, bring back Washington and there's a reasonable chance that some journalist will decide to do a hatchet job on our apparent willingness to sacrifice morals for winning. For the Peterson of 3 years ago, maybe I take that chance. But his age, his mileage, his probable cost and the fact I don't think the guy is wired all that straight is more than I'd want to deal with even without the possibility of a PR nightmare.

Steve

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I don't see Peterson coming to Dallas unless something strange happens and he is willing to play for less there. Same for Murray. I'd like to see both OU backs share the backfield to extend their career because neither player can continue their recent history for much longer if at all. Unfortunately for Murray he has no big contract and this is his only shot to get paid so I don't see him playing for free.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Fank Gore would be a great pairing with Ellington and much cheaper.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I don't see Peterson coming to Dallas unless something strange happens and he is willing to play for less there. Same for Murray. I'd like to see both OU backs share the backfield to extend their career because neither player can continue their recent history for much longer if at all. Unfortunately for Murray he has no big contract and this is his only shot to get paid so I don't see him playing for free.

Texas EX and a Cardinal fan here, so let me get this out of the way first, the Cowboys and the Sooners suck... but I could easily see Peterson play for less to be a Cowboy :)

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Texas EX and a Cardinal fan here, so let me get this out of the way first, the Cowboys and the Sooners suck... but I could easily see Peterson play for less to be a Cowboy :)
hey I'm with you on the sooners. and I love and hate the cowboys lol. right now at least i am proud of the cowboys team for the first time in a long while. although I'm not an alumni I'm a longhorn fan at heart always will be. One of my best CFB memories is at GS watching colt beat OhioSU. murray and peterson today may be the top 2 3 or 4 whatever backs in the NFL. now we all know those days don't last very long so both are in difficult situations for their future. although peterson seems to have a better contract situation with the vikes.

Last edited:

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My son (9) and I were listening to Doug and Wolf on the way to drop him off at school. He said "Peterson might come to the Cardinals?" I said, "that's what they're talking about." He said, "Tell him to bring his stick (laughing). He'd be great running down the field with it." (he made swatting noises at the would be tacklers). LOL!!! I busted up laughing!
Lol this is the best post IMO. Sounds like you have a very healthy relationship with your son. Good for you man. [emoji106]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard