Adam Morrison to the Lakers

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This is a good deal for the Lakers ONLY if it enables them to re-sign both Lamar and Ariza. If not, than it is simply a salary dump with a downgrade in talent (although the move really has no effect on wether the Lakers can win the championship or not, IMO). Even with that, Vlad had overstayed his welcome in LA, and the coaching staff was sick of dealing with him.

Don't get me wrong, Vlad can definetly play and is one of the better shooters in the league, but he is also reportably unprofessional and was a player that wasn't dependable on or off the court. Some would say that his trade could be considered 'addition by subtraction'.

I think that is really what everyone is saying here. Talent-wise, I don't see how anyone can think that this is a good trade for the Lakers. This does one thing, free up money. If that is their goal (which I believe it is), then they have succeeded. Both teams win in the trade--the Bobcats win on the court, the Lakers win off it.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that is really what everyone is saying here. Talent-wise, I don't see how anyone can think that this is a good trade for the Lakers. This does one thing, free up money. If that is their goal (which I believe it is), then they have succeeded. Both teams win in the trade--the Bobcats win on the court, the Lakers win off it.

Great post.

LakeShowMan

Registered
Reaction score

They have also succeeded in riding themselves of a malcontent that was unable or unwilling to perform his job professionally. Either way, they only way this hurts the Lakers is if they have a rash of injuries @ the 3 spot which hopefully *knocks on wood* doesn't happen.

Radmonvic had played (and sulked) his way out of the rotation, and the Lakers found a way to get out of his contract and gave themselves a year and a half look at a guy that may be able to fill a role.

It will be interesting to see what Radmonvic does in Charlotte. He will put up numbers, but unless he changes his stripes, he is going to drive Coach Brown bonkers.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

I am laughing at the concept of the deal being good just because he might see zero minutes. Vlad can play. Morrison cannot. That guy is a bust. It's not even close and you know it. It's still a must in this league to have guys on your bench that can play...REGARDLESS if they see the floor or not. I thought you might know that being the expert on your team and the Suns for that matter.

I like how on one hand you say good deal because of salary cap relief (which several others have already acknowledged) and on the other make a stupid comment like the one above. Then go on to criticize the comments of others just because from a player perspective they thinks it's bad.

Dude...your funny.

Yet another hard on for me Steel? Really, you need to give it a rest. Rad has played a total of 30 mins in the last 5 games. He has seen multiple DNP's and was relegated to the 11th or 12th spot on the team. So yes, I can say it was a good salary cap relief move ALONG with the fact that no matter how bad Morrison is... its a moot point because NEITHER would see the floor except in garbage minutes. Really, do you have nothing better to do than make yourself look like a fool?

We have plenty of quality bench players and do not need an unprofessional buffoon regardless of his inconsistant 3pt shooting prowess. Aparently in your zeal to rag on me again you didnt read the post where I actually said.
I am not saying Morrison is better than Vlad, he is clearly not at this stage. However, with the little time Vlad is getting now... and the the depth of tha Lakers, it's a good move to clear cap and luxury tax space enabling the team to resign Ariza. Simple logic...
You really need to get over your insecurity where I am concerned. Move on dude. Let it go...

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really, do you have nothing better to do than make yourself look like a fool?

Sure......For instance, pointing out how "knowledgeable" you are is at the top.

:biglaugh:

Your the one blasting people for saying it was a bad trade from a talent perspective and your come back was that he would not get any minutes???

Dude...your such a tool. I can't help but post after such moronic posts. If you were not such good comedy relief I wouldn't bother.

You really need to get over your insecurity where I am concerned. Move on dude. Let it go...

LMAO. Coming from a troll posting on a Suns board. Comical. Your right your superior knowledge you have demonstrated time and time again of anything basketball related should make anybody insecure. lol.

Pure comedy.

Last edited:

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Your the one blasting people for saying it was a bad trade from a talent perspective and your come back was that he would not get any minutes???

Dude...your such a tool. I can't help but post after such moronic posts. If you were not such good comedy relief I wouldn't bother.

LMAO. Coming from a troll posting on a Suns board. Comical. Your right your superior knowledge you have demonstrated time and time again of anything basketball related should make anybody insecure. lol. Pure comedy.

I simply stated that I was laughing at the posts considering the talent aspect of guys who will not see the floor on the Lakers team. I did not personally blast or insult insult anyone. That sir, is clearly your MO.

I stated the simple logic and common sense for the reasons the trade was made. The very same comments the analysts and even Kupchak made.

Your replys are simply to insult me.

I didn't realize this board was meant for only Suns posters. In fact, this topic has been discussed ad naseum to the contrary.

I never claimed to be an expert or have superior knowledge of any team much less the Lakers or Suns and I challenge you to show me where I did. Your comments stating so are again your MO for sarcastically tossing insults my way.

I will take the high road from here on out with regards to you. I can be the bigger man here. Take care Steel.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize this board was meant for only Suns posters. In fact, this topic has been discussed ad naseum to the contrary.

It's not. But it's not meant for trolls either who make comments to incite others. I am not the only person on this board to point it out. Your right it's been discussed "ad nasuem" there are many other team fans we enjoy around here.

I will take the high road from here on out with regards to you. I can be the bigger man here. Take care Steel.

You mean take the high road like this:

I simply stated that I was laughing at the posts considering the talent aspect of guys who will not see the floor on the Lakers team.

Yet another hard on for me Steel?

Really, do you have nothing better to do than make yourself look like a fool?

Wow...how convenient and generous of you after the fact to take the high road. Your troll status is melting away as we speak.

I will make you a deal..stop being such a troll and show a little respect like some of your fellow Laker fans and neither of us will have to take the "low" road.

14 rings

Reaction score
Good spin cobbler!

I love how Laker fans are acting like this is a good idea. Some say he will play better than Vlad, some say it doesnt matter because its about money! Either way they do no wrong!

A player hitting 44% from the arc and has started more than half the games... to the biggest bust in the last decade who has played 44 games in the last TWO SEASONS.

Adam FREAKING Morrison!

(im giggling like a school girl)

I don't think you understand.

The Lakers didn't trade for Adam Morrison. Because of the luxury tax this trade will save the Lakers 13 million and help them resign players that they want to keep like Ariza/Odom, whereas Vlad was expendable and they didn't really need him. Particularly because of how painfully bad he was on D.

So no, it's not spin, the trade is good for the Lakers and it has nothing to do with Morrison ever seeing the floor.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
I don't think you understand.

The Lakers didn't trade for Adam Morrison. Because of the luxury tax this trade will save the Lakers 13 million and help them resign players that they want to keep like Ariza/Odom, whereas Vlad was expendable and they didn't really need him. Particularly because of how painfully bad he was on D.

So no, it's not spin, the trade is good for the Lakers and it has nothing to do with Morrison ever seeing the floor.

Did you read this thread? It started out with some saying it was money and some saying he was better for the triangle, and some saying both. I don't think YOU understand.

Trust me, Suns fans are completely aware of moves made for financial reasons. We don't claim they were skill based moves in the beginning though.

And as much as Kerr sucks, I don't think he would ever trade for Morrison. No matter how much money it saved.

Adam FREAKING Morrison!

(still giggling)

14 rings

Reaction score
Did you read this thread? It started out with some saying it was money and some saying he was better for the triangle, and some saying both. I don't think YOU understand.

Trust me, Suns fans are completely aware of moves made for financial reasons. We don't claim they were skill based moves in the beginning though.

And as much as Kerr sucks, I don't think he would ever trade for Morrison. No matter how much money it saved.

Adam FREAKING Morrison!

(still giggling)

I didn't read the whole thread, I read your specific post and replied to it.

Your post seemed to be implying that this isn't a good trade for the Lakers because Adam Morrison is worse than Vlad. This would be true if the Lakers were trading for Adam Morrison, but they're not. They're doing it because it frees up money so they can sign/resign players they actually consider valuable to the team. This just isn't that hard, the trade is fine for both teams and there's not much else to it. You don't have to believe it, but you'll realize it soon enough.

However, since you seem to be implying that your GM is better than ours and could never make such a mistake:

Both teams made big trades last year

The Lakers are 42-9 and favorites to win it all.

The Suns are 28-23, on the verge of being blown up, and the guy you traded for wants to play for LA or Cleveland.

Still giggling?

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
I didn't read the whole thread, I read your specific post and replied to it.

Your post seemed to be implying that this isn't a good trade for the Lakers because Adam Morrison is worse than Vlad. This would be true if the Lakers were trading for Adam Morrison, but they're not. They're doing it because it frees up money so they can sign/resign players they actually consider valuable to the team. This just isn't that hard, the trade is fine for both teams and there's not much else to it. You don't have to believe it, but you'll realize it soon enough.

However, since you seem to be implying that your GM is better than ours and could never make such a mistake:

Both teams made big trades last year

The Lakers are 42-9 and favorites to win it all.

The Suns are 28-23, on the verge of being blown up, and the guy you traded for wants to play for LA or Cleveland.

Still giggling?
Ah, so you came here to quote posts out of context and be a dick.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
wow we suck bad.... were hosting the all star game and we are not even in the playoff's at this point pathatic :(. And our best all star player amare is in so many trade rumors and is probally gone what a horrible feeling

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Ahh how quick we are too judge and write somebody off. I am not saying Morrison is Larry Bird but he was drafted #3 for a reason. And if Charlotte didn't draft him someone would have at #4.

This seems like the kind of low risk/high reward trade the Lakers always seem to make (or draft pick) and because of their infrastructure - have success with.

They have nothing to lose with Morrison (he essentially takes Vlads seat on the bench )AND they saved a year on his contract?

Seems like a pretty smart trade for me. At this point I would trade Steve Kerr and Amare for Mitch Cupcake straight up.

And writing Adam freaking Morrison and giggling about it doesn't really further any point. He was injured and didn't have success in Charlotte. That doesn't mean some team won't get a hold of him and possibly make something out of him. Or maybe the won't.

But what did the really lose? A 12th man and a year off his contract and money to resign players they KNOW are good.

Sometimes our Laker hate would seem to blind us Suns fan.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahh how quick we are too judge and write somebody off. I am not saying Morrison is Larry Bird but he was drafted #3 for a reason. And if Charlotte didn't draft him someone would have at #4.

This seems like the kind of low risk/high reward trade the Lakers always seem to make (or draft pick) and because of their infrastructure - have success with.

They have nothing to lose with Morrison (he essentially takes Vlads seat on the bench )AND they saved a year on his contract?

Seems like a pretty smart trade for me. At this point I would trade Steve Kerr and Amare for Mitch Cupcake straight up.

And writing Adam freaking Morrison and giggling about it doesn't really further any point. He was injured and didn't have success in Charlotte. That doesn't mean some team won't get a hold of him and possibly make something out of him. Or maybe the won't.

But what did the really lose? A 12th man and a year off his contract and money to resign players they KNOW are good.

You nailed it perfectly.

Complete win-win for the Lakers. I did my fair share of Mitch bashing, but he has slowly and without fanfare made good picks and smart moves, for the most part. I can't complain at all.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score

Thank You for your objectivity! Well Said.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adam Morrison? Any way you spin it, it's utterly ridiculous.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Unlike the high risk/low reward trade of Caron Butler for Kwame.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unlike the high risk/low reward trade of Caron Butler for Kwame.

The team had no size, and 400 SFs at that time. They subsequently rolled Kwame up into Pau Gasol, so the reward was enormous. And Kwame was a good defender, even if he did have T-Rex hands and couldn't catch a ball if you stuck it inside of a cake for him.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They subsequently rolled Kwame up into Pau Gasol, so the reward was enormous.

We know that doesn't count. There is no way they had to foresight to know that, upon becoming the worst player in the NBA, as evidenced by his last performance as a Laker against the Suns in which he was booed by his own fans, Kwame could be traded for an All Star. Pure foolish stupid (yes im bitter because Kurt and two picks would've been a better offer for Gasol) luck.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We know that doesn't count. There is no way they had to foresight to know that, upon becoming the worst player in the NBA, as evidenced by his last performance as a Laker against the Suns in which he was booed by his own fans, Kwame could be traded for an All Star. Pure foolish stupid (yes im bitter because Kurt and two picks would've been a better offer for Gasol) luck.

What?!!??! You don't trust The Great Mitcherino Kupchakio's super duper special crystal ball, bequeathed to him by The Logo himself? :thud:

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What?!!??! You don't trust The Great Mitcherino Kupchakio's super duper special crystal ball, bequeathed to him by The Logo himself? :thud:

Oh word? I didn't know about that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison