Adam Morrison to the Lakers

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great trade by the Lakers. Jordan and company are idiots.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another what? Another horrible player?

Trust me, Morrison will be OK off the bench in the triangle launching threes.

Idiot Larry Brown will curse the day he ever had to coach Vlad Rad.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Acquiring Morrison means nothing for the Lakers, getting out from Rad's contract is huge though.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Morrison is HORRIBLE. Vlad isn't much better, but if Vlad is on, you know he can be depended on. Morrison is a marginal NBA player at best.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Vlad was getting limited minutes. Morrison will get limited minutes. The value of this trade is that Browns contract expires after this year and Morrisons after next. Vlads goes an extra year past that. With the vaunted 2010 FA market, Morrisons contract will be more valuable. It also clears up a little money to extend Ariza and Odom in the offseason in that it would allow Dr. Buss to only take a luxury tax hit of one year.

Just getting rid of spaceballs, regardless of the returns is a great move for the Lakers.

HooverDam

Reaction score
This thread is insane. Adam Morrison is AWFUL. He should not be in the NBA. He's less athletic than me. Vlad Rad can shoot and at least stay in front of his man, Morrison is horrific on defense and can't do anything but spot up shoot.

HooverDam

Reaction score
I just looked at the Lakers roster and they dont have Coby Karl anymore! I really wanted to see a Karl-Morrison-Walton all goofy lineup on the court at once in a blowout. Damn it.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can have a Sasha, Pau, Walton, Morrison, Mihm lineup for the hippy looking white guy roster (with Mihm the hippie turned yuppie role).

I like the trade. Vlad was useless, and never played anymore...ever. Morrison will play better in the triangle than he did with pressure on him, and all he'll be asked to do is hit spot up jumpers, which is pretty much his specialty. And if he fails, we get money off the books sooner than we would have with Vrad.

And Brown gives an athletic guy off the bench to help defend, probably against larger PGs in the bench roles. Not many minutes, but he might get some matchup time when the second unit runs. He's a throwin anyway.

Last edited:

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And Williams gives an athletic guy off the bench to help defend, probably against larger PGs in the bench roles. Not many minutes, but he might get some matchup time when the second unit runs. He's a throwin anyway.

That is a strange nickname.

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score
What's the Over/Under on the days before the Mavs and Suns make similar type of desperation moves to stay in the West's elite?

:D

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The only good thing about this trade for the Lakers is the money. Morrison is definitely a step back talent-wise.