49ers vs Packers

Redneck Voodoo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
OK, I hate the 9ers as much as anybody on this board, but does anyone else find themselves rooting for them (even just a little bit) against the Pack? I don't think they really have a chance, but it would be nice to see the Packers knocked down a notch. That being said, it's not going to break my heart if SF loses big.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I would like to see them beat the Pack... Helps us down the road for home field advantage... SF not going to playoffs so an upset wouldn't affect us.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If the 9ers can just beat the Seahawks and Packers this season, it would help us out greatly. They can go 3-13 overall, though.

Not looking forward to facing Rodgers and the Pack in late January at Lambeau. Bring them here. Go Kap!! Earn yourself some more ink.

RINGLESS

Veteran
Reaction score
From an advantage standpoint an upset would help us.

From a fan perspective I'd like them to lose big. I can't stand the majority of their fans although there are a couple good ones out there.

I'd be interested to see if the Pack can put up 40 plus if it might end up leading to more internal destruction and put them on pace for one of the worst defenses in history. Thats what I'd like

OP
OP
R

Redneck Voodoo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
While LIAC makes a really good point :D I think Shane and AZCrazy reflect my opinion. :)

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
If the 9ers can just beat the Seahawks and Packers this season, it would help us out greatly. They can go 4-12 overall, though.

Not looking forward to facing Rodgers and the Pack in late January at Lambeau. Bring them here. Go Kap!! Earn yourself some more ink.

ftfy

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I will say it straight up --- I'm not nearly as concerned with the niners from a division stand point as I am the Pack from a conference stand point . We can handle the niners in sanfran , I would prefer the pack come to the desert , not us go to the tundra , so any loss the Pack incurs I'm happy with .

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nope, never. Hate the Niners, and any loss in our division is good for us.

You guys trying to figure out all these potentials, no. We have to win week in and week out and need our division opponents to lose week in and week out. That's how we get to playoffs, period.

After that's accomplished, then we can worry about the Packers and others.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
This is all a moot point, IMO. Whether you want them to win or not, the 49ers are going to get destroyed by Green Bay on Sunday. It's a home game for SF, so it will only be about a 30 point loss this week.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You guys trying to figure out all these potentials, no. We have to win week in and week out and need our division opponents to lose week in and week out. That's how we get to playoffs, period.

Nah.. Division losses are great but pure and simple the 49ers are zero threat to the playoffs of home field advantage for that matter. If you are rooting for the Packers this game your priorities are off IMO.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No. Eff the 9ers. We'll have our chance against GB if home field is what this team wants/needs.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This weekend (Monday night)

Cards fan 1st
Lions fan 2nd
49ers fan 3rd

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nah.. Division losses are great but pure and simple the 49ers are zero threat to the playoffs of home field advantage for that matter. If you are rooting for the Packers this game your priorities are off IMO.
Perhaps I wasn't clear, and that's my bad. I want all division opponents to lose regardless. We can sort out the rest of it later, but I want everyone in our division to lose, and badly.

Who cares about the Pack when we don't even know if we'll even play them. We have to win our division first. That's critical.

For all we know someone else will knock the pack out of it. That's stuff we can't control.

Focus on our division first, then we can worry about the rest of it. All this playing games and if the 9ers beat the pack and we beat them and if it's a full moon when we play later...that's idiotic. Control what you can control.

Every division loss besides us is good. Only way to get home field. The rest is all fantasy football bull****.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, I hate the 9ers as much as anybody on this board, but does anyone else find themselves rooting for them (even just a little bit) against the Pack? I don't think they really have a chance, but it would be nice to see the Packers knocked down a notch. That being said, it's not going to break my heart if SF loses big.

I like the Packers and hate the 49ers so no.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This guy is smart

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The 49ers have as much chance of beating Green Bay as everyone here does of banging Olivia Munn.

Just not gonna happen.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn