Are we the most aggrieved fan base in the NFL?

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I sometimes feel we are. Either that, or it's just me and I love this team too damn much. 43 years of getting crapped on for being a Cardinals fan will do that to you. We play the game of life Thursday night going toe to toe with the vaunted Packers, and despite injuries and self inflicted wounds come yards away from the best start in franchise history, and all I'm hearing is how a short handed Aaron Rodgers managed to display his supreme greatness and will the Pack to victory. No mention of KM taking us 99 yards to the doorstep of victory, and winning this game. And I get it. I truly do. I have been a fan long enough to have developed a somewhat thick skin at non Cards fans dismissing our success. When we have been good, it's always due to other factors, let everyone else tell it. Of course we all know we had "no business" being in the SB, and this year it's been excuse after excuse as to why we've been handling our business. I try to brush it off, but on occasion I have to break something (figuratively of course) in frustration. Maybe this loss was a good thing, maybe not, but I'm chomping at the bit to see how we handle ourselves in SF next week. Birdgang for damn life.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I sometimes feel we are. Either that, or it's just me and I love this team too damn much. 43 years of getting crapped on for being a Cardinals fan will do that to you. We play the game of life Thursday night going toe to toe with the vaunted Packers, and despite injuries and self inflicted wounds come yards away from the best start in franchise history, and all I'm hearing is how a short handed Aaron Rodgers managed to display his supreme greatness and will the Pack to victory. No mention of KM taking us 99 yards to the doorstep of victory, and winning this game. And I get it. I truly do. I have been a fan long enough to have developed a somewhat thick skin at non Cards fans dismissing our success. When we have been good, it's always due to other factors, let everyone else tell it. Of course we all know we had "no business" being in the SB, and this year it's been excuse after excuse as to why we've been handling our business. I try to brush it off, but on occasion I have to break something (figuratively of course) in frustration. Maybe this loss was a good thing, maybe not, but I'm chomping at the bit to see how we handle ourselves in SF next week. Birdgang for damn life.

The victor writes the history books.

It's a sad fact that that one play made a huge difference in the narrative. Had Green caught that pass Murray is MVP favorite, Cards are the real deal and showed toughness and maturity etc etc but we didn't. So we are soft, crumble under pressure, same old Cards etc.

There were actually some good positives to take from that game. The defense can be very clutch. It's superb in the RZ. It makes big plays when required. And the offense came back strong from a poor first half and should have had 21 points. To drive from the 1 to the EZ under pressure and be in that position was superb. It's devasting it didn't come off but still positives to take from it.

We win the next 2 games and it's all forgotten.

Last edited:
OP
OP
phillycard

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The victor writes the history books.

It's a sad fact that that one play made a huge difference in the narrative. Had Green caught that pass Murray is MVP favorite, Cards are the real deal and showed toughness and maturity etc etc but we didn't. So we are soft, crumble under pressure, same old Cards etc.

There were actually some good positives to take from that game. The defense can be very clutch. It's superb in the RZ. It makes big plays when required. And the offense came back strong from a poor first half and should have had 21 points. To drive from the 1 to the EZ under pressure and be in that position was superb. It's devasting it didn;t come off but still positives to take from it.

We win the next 2 games and it's all forgotten.
That's the thing BC. Despite the F-ups we were right there. The resilience of this team is a real thing. If nobody else will appreciate it, we will. That much is for sure. I took way more positive then negative from the contest.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I don't think there's any question about it Phillycard.

It's been since 1947 since we won our last championship. Longest current drought.

Being the Washington Generals for the freaking Dallas Cowboys during most of the NFC East years.

Dollar Bill pissing away the careers of Otis Anderson and Neil Lomax.

The horrible, horrible SDS years.

Longest play in superbowl history? A 300 pound defensive lineman returning a pick six against us (even at our pinnacle, we managed to embarrass ourselves).

And of course in between all of the above, finding new and successively crueler ways to lose heartbreaking games.

No, we've got the claim to the most unfortunate fan base. By a touchdown or two sir.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
No, being a Bills fan has to be. Can you imagine losing all those Super Bowls
I went to Fredonia, about 40 minutes away from Buffalo and also where the Bills used to have training camp during those years. There were 20 year old tough guys crying in their dorms refusing to come out. Man alive, what a scene that was…

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Started out as a Bills fan. Started watching football in 1990, the Bills/Giants Super Bowl. I picked the Bills. After 4 loses, the following year I “switched” to the Cardinals. They were closer (lived near Bullhead city) and almost all the guys I worked with were Cards fans. The rest is history.

OP
OP
phillycard

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think there's any question about it Phillycard.

It's been since 1947 since we won our last championship. Longest current drought.

Being the Washington Generals for the freaking Dallas Cowboys during most of the NFC East years.

Dollar Bill pissing away the careers of Otis Anderson and Neil Lomax.

The horrible, horrible SDS years.

Longest play in superbowl history? A 300 pound defensive lineman returning a pick six against us (even at our pinnacle, we managed to embarrass ourselves).

And of course in between all of the above, finding new and successively crueler ways to lose heartbreaking games.

No, we've got the claim to the most unfortunate fan base. By a touchdown or two sir.
CW, I didn't want to start citing examples. LMAO!!!