23-24 Arizona Coyotes Regular Season thread

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its nonsense you can't watch the team play. Blacked out for some reason on ESPN+

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DirecTV now has the games on channel 61. Unfortunately, the guide data isn't accurate, so one would need to create a manual recording or just set 2.5 hours worth of programming to record if time-shifting is desired. I'm sure this is all still coming online and that they'll eventually fix the guide data.

The more unfortunate part, though, is that the picture quality is hot garbage. I've seen good PQ on 61 before, so that tells me that the delivery of sports content from Scripps to DirecTV is the issue here. Again, this is all new, so I'm willing to bet they eventually figure that out down the road as well.

In the meantime, I'm content to watch the digital channel over the air, because it's at least 720p. Low bitrate, mind you, but still quite a bit better than whatever they're piping through to DirecTV for now.

So, as it stands, it looks like cable, OTA, and DirecTV have ways to watch. I can't believe they're content with some of the quality and hope they make the necessary changes or equipment upgrades to bring better resolution to their broadcasts.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looked tired last night. I'm impressed we held them to one goal, but our offense needs to get going or this is going to be a very long year. I give the Isles a lot of credit, though. Swarming defense for most of the night kept us from getting any rhythm.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson