2025 Draft

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’ve got a few emails asking what 2025 looks like. It’s very early, but here’s my overview. Let’s hope the Cards are right on Murray. There’s not much QB help coming in next year’s draft. I think Ewers will be the best. It will be a strong draft for Edges, which is good news for the Cards. There will be an assortment of good line guys on both side of the ball. I like a few CBs. Good things the Cards took Harrison. Most WRs will go late in round 1 at best. Thank goodness the Cards had a strong draft this year. Next year looks weaker though it’s awfully early.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Harry, as a total NON-college football dude, what are some names we should be paying attention to? It can be any position. I'd just like to not look like a complete tool when conversation arises.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we go into another draft desperately needing edge as a top pick, we're doing a whole lot of things wrong these past few years.
How can it not be a desperate need next year? They have done next to nothing to remedy it so far and I don't see anything changing.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Harry, as a total NON-college football dude, what are some names we should be paying attention to? It can be any position. I'd just like to not look like a complete tool when conversation arises.
Brugler does a good job highlighting some names in this way-to-early mock. Always a good place to start.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Deone Walker - Kentucky - DT is a load
Mason Graham - Michigan - DT is fun to watch

A fun guy who is a bit under the radar is Gabe Jacas EDGE Illinois 6'3 265

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Another name (lol) to watch is Trey Moore. Very productive pass rusher at UTSA who transferred to Texas this year. 35.5 TFLs over the past two years and 22 sacks. 6'3 242

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The edge from TN looks nice.

No idea what our spot will be but an Edge rusher will probably be very high on our list.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The edge from TN looks nice.

No idea what our spot will be but an Edge rusher will probably be very high on our list.
He is very lean. Listed at 6-5 242. I think he is still very raw as well. He looks like Isaiah Simmons in terms of build.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
I put us drafting in the mid range- like y'all said, the edge needs to be addressed in a big way next season. Glad to hear there are some stallions coming out the stable.

Honestly hope it's something we address next off season - as a way to tip us over into playoff team contenders

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I put us drafting in the mid range- like y'all said, the edge needs to be addressed in a big way next season. Glad to hear there are some stallions coming out the stable.

Honestly hope it's something we address next off season - as a way to tip us over into playoff team contenders
I think we will be in the top 12. You can't generally plan a draft this far ahead but I believe you can expect the defensive front 5 to still be a priority and the upcoming draft class looks like it will have some players at those spots who would be considerations in the top 12.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
There’s great concern about his maturity.
One of the issues I heard about him is that he would take sacks instead of throwing the ball away because he wanted a higher completion percentage.

That type of mentality is a deal breaker..he essentially cares more about his own personal accomplishments than the team. And of course his dad enables him.

I wouldn't touch Shedeur Sanders with a thirty foot pole, he comes of as an Uber douche.