2020 Draft

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hoping for a big with speed, but the Paul trade just makes me wonder. Crazy roller coaster ride Mainstreet.

I'm right there with you.

With the loss of Oubre it makes sense for the Suns to draft a wing. No one really excites me though. Maybe someone like Devin Vassell or Saddiq Bey would fit.

I hope the Suns pick up a starting power forward in free agency.

I guess I will go back to the Suns need for a point guard especially with Chris Paul now the starter. They will need someone to groom. Maybe Kira Lewis or Killian Hayes? The Suns are in win now mode so they might look to free agency.

Also it makes a lot of sense for the Suns to trade down if they get the opportunity. This way they can address a couple of needs and draft Bane who they reportedly like.

Trade down is where I'm at for the moment.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm right there with you.

With the loss of Oubre it makes sense for the Suns to draft a wing. No one really excites me though. Maybe someone like Devin Vassell or Saddiq Bey would fit.

I hope the Suns pick up a starting power forward in free agency.

I guess I will go back to the Suns need for a point guard especially with Chris Paul now the starter. They will need someone to groom. Maybe Kira Lewis or Killian Hayes? The Suns are in win now mode so they might look to free agency.

Also it makes a lot of sense for the Suns to trade down if they get the opportunity. This way they can address a couple of needs and draft Bane who they reportedly like.

Trade down is where I'm at for the moment.
If they really like Bane, I can see why. He has an NBA ready body and an all-around fairly efficient game. If they can get another asset, like a vet player, and get him too, I am fine with that.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If they really like Bane, I can see why. He has an NBA ready body and an all-around fairly efficient game. If they can get another asset, like a vet player, and get him too, I am fine with that.

You're not concerned with his game not translating to the NBA the way Ty Jerome's didn't?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could Onyeka Okongwu fall to the Suns? If the injury is not serious, I could wait for him.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Could Onyeka Okongwu fall to the Suns? If the injury is not serious, I could wait for him.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Can only hope. I doubt it will impact his draft status though. The teams ahead of us have time to wait.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We really have no control over what James Jones does so if he is locked on Bane, trade down and get another asset to go with him. Bane would not be my first choice.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We really have no control over what James Jones does so if he is locked on Bane, trade down and get another asset to go with him. Bane would not be my first choice.
Bane is a James Jones type of player.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bane is a James Jones type of player.

This is what the media keeps telling me so maybe they know something we don't.

I haven't heard much about Grant Riller lately. Maybe the Suns will try to buy a second round pick.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think NBAdeaft.net has Kelly Oubre as his NBA comparison.

That's weird. Bey is closer to Oubre's opposite than his clone. Oubre is a better athlete (substantially better), Bey is a much smarter player, Bey is a willing and capable passer (Oubre is neither), Oubre is much better at creating his own shot, Bey is the far superior shooter from distance. I like Bey but I envision him more as a swing forward that will be at his best as a small ball 4 after he fills out a little.

EDIT: Reading failure on my part, you were clearly talking about Tyler not Saddiq.

Last edited:

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That's weird. Bey is closer to Oubre's opposite than his clone. Oubre is a better athlete (substantially better), Bey is a much smarter player, Bey is a willing and capable passer (Oubre is neither), Oubre is much better at creating his own shot, Bey is the far superior shooter from distance. I like Bey but I envision him more as a swing forward that will be at his best as a small ball 4 after he fills out a little.

I believe they were talking about Tyler Bey and (correct me if I'm wrong) you're thinking of Saddiq Bey.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what the media keeps telling me so maybe they know something we don't.

I haven't heard much about Grant Riller lately. Maybe the Suns will try to buy a second round pick.

I'm going to be surprised if we draft Riller or Bane. Not because I think they are bad picks, just that I know so little about them. I watched TCU a few times over the past 4 seasons and I'm sure I've seen a game or two from Charleston but I don't recall either player standing out in my limited viewing. So, if we pick one of them, I'll get to be surprised by whatever he turns out to be. Maybe this team can recapture the surprise I felt when I realized that another player that I pre-draft ignored was an obvious star in the making (Book).

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be surprised if we draft Riller or Bane. Not because I think they are bad picks, just that I know so little about them. I watched TCU a few times over the past 4 seasons and I'm sure I've seen a game or two from Charleston but I don't recall either player standing out in my limited viewing. So, if we pick one of them, I'll get to be surprised by whatever he turns out to be. Maybe this team can recapture the surprise I felt when I realized that another player that I pre-draft ignored was an obvious star in the making (Book).

Kellan Olson at Arizona Sports has been talking about these two players for a long time. That's one of the reasons everyone is familiar with them. I even did a thread on Grant Riller back in June because of it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN+ has a new mock up. Does anyone know who they have the Suns drafting at 10?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tankathon has the Suns drafting Devin Vassell at 10 in their mock.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kellan Olson at Arizona Sports has been talking about these two players for a long time. That's one of the reasons everyone is familiar with them. I even did a thread on Grant Riller back in June because of it.

Yeah, I'm very familiar with their names because of Kellan and the talk about them here, I just haven't watched any of the videos or read any of the scouting reports. For one thing, this front office is fairly tight-lipped so I don't think much about pre-draft rumors until the draft is almost on us.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBADraftNet has Killian Hayes going at #10.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the record, Tankathon has Desmond Bane going #24 and NBADraftNet has him going #21.

So he is considered a first round pick.