2020 Draft

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was expecting 10 oh well least didn't get 14 lol

Can get a decent bench player with 10

This was my biggest concern, the Suns dropping to 11 or 12. Too bad they couldn't move up and get an early pick. It would have given them a potential asset to trade.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tired of this.. NBA is so rigged.. first the ref helps Portland into the playoffs with some BS calls down the stretch in majority of their games just cause protesting is still going on in Portland.. Now they award the #1 pick to the Minnesota where the heart of all these protest started. I am glad the NBA is doing what they are doing with social injustice but man I feel like its rigged..

Maybe its just me being a Suns fan and the ball has never bounced our way.. Am I just being stupid?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tired of this.. NBA is so rigged.. first the ref helps Portland into the playoffs with some BS calls down the stretch in majority of their games just cause protesting is still going on in Portland.. Now they award the #1 pick to the Minnesota where the heart of all these protest started. I am glad the NBA is doing what they are doing with social injustice but man I feel like its rigged..

Maybe its just me being a Suns fan and the ball has never bounced our way.. Am I just being stupid?

I think it's just the way the ball bounces, I don't see any conspiracy here.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Man the wolves get the #1 again. I wonder how many franchises have had multiple #1 picks within a reasonable timeframe.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think it's just the way the ball bounces, I don't see any conspiracy here.

I know.. I am just being dumb.. I just want the NBA gods to give us a bone sometimes.. sigh.. Just me trying to come up with excuses to hate the NBA cause we never have the ball bounce our way..

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Well, I wouldn’t be mean enough to use the word stupid, but . . . yes.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last year, in pretty much every interview about the offseason/draft, Jones mentioned outside shooting at the wing position. I think he may be a little more forthcoming about what he wants than some GMs so I am definitely going to focus on what he says he is looking for.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The more I dive into this crap draft the more Jaylen smith looks attractive.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Last year, in pretty much every interview about the offseason/draft, Jones mentioned outside shooting at the wing position. I think he may be a little more forthcoming about what he wants than some GMs so I am definitely going to focus on what he says he is looking for.
They definitely need someone who can create his own shot.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Three that fit this bill are Vassell, Jalen Smith and Okoro. Would be fine with the first two. No thanks to Okoro.

JerkFace

Reaction score
Put me squarely on the Devin Vassell, Precious Achiuwa, Jalen Smith bandwagon (assuming no one unexpected falls to us).

JerkFace

Reaction score
Three that fit this bill are Vassell, Jalen Smith and Okoro. Would be fine with the first two. No thanks to Okoro.
Okoro seems like a Thibs player. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Knicks grab him at #8 (and that’s about his draft range as well). I like him as a player, but not for the Suns.

JerkFace

Reaction score
If Obi Toppin makes it past Chicago at #4 and Cleveland at #5 I could definitely see him dropping down to #10:
6 Hawks - have Collins
7 Detroit - drafted Sekou at PF last year
8 Knicks - Toppin is about as opposite of a Thibs player there is
9 Washington - drafted Rui at PF last year

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Obi Toppin makes it past Chicago at #4 and Cleveland at #5 I could definitely see him dropping down to #10:
6 Hawks - have Collins
7 Detroit - drafted Sekou at PF last year
8 Knicks - Toppin is about as opposite of a Thibs player there is
9 Washington - drafted Rui at PF last year

I don't see Toppin getting past Cleveland at 5. He could go as high as 2 to Golden State or 3 to Charlotte.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Okoro seems like a Thibs player. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Knicks grab him at #8 (and that’s about his draft range as well). I like him as a player, but not for the Suns.

Replicates Barrett too much. Here, he doesn't shoot well enough for floor spacing or defend well enough to make up for it.

JerkFace

Reaction score
Replicates Barrett too much. Here, he doesn't shoot well enough for floor spacing or defend well enough to make up for it.
True, never know with Thibs though.

I don't see Toppin getting past Cleveland at 5. He could go as high as 2 to Golden State or 3 to Charlotte.

I agree that #4 or #5 are the most likely spots (or earlier), but once he makes it past them...

Last edited: