2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just mean after the 76ers debacle and mismanagement of Team USA lately I just figured he close to retirement. The comments regarding Love were just odd. Why rip a guy when it was your mistake? Love is bad/injured and quit on his team last year.
He'd basically been accused of putting Love on the team solely because the guy was white, he didn't want that floating around unchallenged. And I thought it was a very charitable ripping.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He'd basically been accused of putting Love on the team solely because the guy was white, he didn't want that floating around unchallenged. And I thought it was a very charitable ripping.

Bringing in a bad/injured player with a poor attitude is 100% on management. I suppose he felt compelled to address it because of ESPN’s race baiting but I don’t think anyone cares at this point.

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bringing in a bad/injured player with a poor attitude is 100% on management. I suppose he felt compelled to address it because of ESPN’s race baiting but I don’t think anyone cares at this point.
I think you're mistaken on this point. I doubt they'd do it if it didn't sell.

1Sun

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Pistons just waived Cory Joseph. Not a big fan, but if Cam Payne signs elsewhere to be a starter, the Suns could do worse for a back-up.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The United States will play Spain in the Olympics on Tuesday.

By AP via ESPN:

The three-time reigning Olympic champion Americans will play reigning World Cup champion Spain in the quarterfinals of the men's tournament at the Tokyo Games on Tuesday, a matchup of teams that finished second in their respective groups at the Olympics.

Spain fell outside of the seeded pool and knew it was subject to a potential matchup with the U.S. by losing the group-play finale to Slovenia on Sunday. And about an hour later, when FIBA held the Olympic draw, the matchup was set.

Yuma

Working from home. Missing my free coffee!
Reaction score

By AP via ESPN:

The three-time reigning Olympic champion Americans will play reigning World Cup champion Spain in the quarterfinals of the men's tournament at the Tokyo Games on Tuesday, a matchup of teams that finished second in their respective groups at the Olympics.

Spain fell outside of the seeded pool and knew it was subject to a potential matchup with the U.S. by losing the group-play finale to Slovenia on Sunday. And about an hour later, when FIBA held the Olympic draw, the matchup was set.

This won't be easy.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score

By AP via ESPN:

so, this game is 9:40 pm Arizona time tonight?

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
so, this game is 9:40 pm Arizona time tonight?

I don't think so. The games are usually played in the early morning or at least that's when I get the scores. It's best to check it.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome game by Devin Booker 7-10 from the field (3-5 from three) for 20 points. I understand Devin was instrumental in third quarter run by the United States.

Future Sun JaVale McGee also contributed 4 points going 2-2 from the field.

Reading the ESPN article it seemed like Booker was almost an afterthought as Durant and Holiday get most of the credit.