2018 1st round pick is Josh Rosen

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Really great QB evaluation from before the draft by Howard Cosell's nephew Greg, who is a respected analyst of pro talent... makes this Cardinal fan smile :)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cossell liked Rosen the most. He qualified it by saying teams look at different things, but he basically said if you want a guy who will throw from the pocket and on script it's Rosen.

I'm so excited about him. Can't wait to get Madden and play as Rosen...

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Cossell liked Rosen the most. He qualified it by saying teams look at different things, but he basically said if you want a guy who will throw from the pocket and on script it's Rosen.

I'm so excited about him. Can't wait to get Madden and play as Rosen...

I already have him on my ultimate team in Madden. 97 ovr baby!

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ESPN: College performances show Cards’ Josh Rosen’s ceiling, floor

To get a feel for the top five 2018 quarterback prospects, ESPN’s Matt Bowen looked at the strengths and weaknesses of the class from college games.

Bowen, who played safety in the NFL for seven seasons, wrote about the game that shows the ceiling for each quarterback, the game that shows the floor, the passer’s best trait, an area to improve and a tip for the team’s offensive coordinator.
http://arizonasports.com/story/1541...s-arizona-cardinals-josh-rosen-ceiling-floor/

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Josh Rosen reportedly impressing the Cardinals coaches
Josh Rosen was the quarterback who should have the easiest pro transition. He was viewed as the most pro-ready passer of the group.

impressed his coaches early — coming as advertised with his ability to digest and apply the information he’s being given on the practice field.” Breer also wrote that Rosen has been “comfortable and poised.” ' data-reactid="51">That seems to be playing out. Albert Breer of The MMQB wrote Rosen has “impressed his coaches early — coming as advertised with his ability to digest and apply the information he’s being given on the practice field.” Breer also wrote that Rosen has been “comfortable and poised.”

While the Arizona Cardinals paid Sam Bradford out of desperation before the draft, Bradford has never been what many NFL analysts want him to be. He’s an average and injury-prone quarterback. Other than money, the Cardinals have no reason to favor Bradford over the quarterback they traded up to draft. In other words, the Cardinals presumably want Rosen to win the job by Week 1. It will be an interesting quarterback competition.
https://sports.yahoo.com/little-month-draft-first-round-qbs-152832915.html

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
IMO...if the only reason Bradford is ahead of Rosen is experience,...then you play Rosen...because he can never make up the experience gap on the bench
I respectfully disagree despite being amped to see him on the field.

For us to have a chance this season, we need to come out strong in the first four games. Rosen will benefit with sitting and learning preparation and watching the bullets live.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree despite being amped to see him on the field.

For us to have a chance this season, we need to come out strong in the first four games. Rosen will benefit with sitting and learning preparation and watching the bullets live.
i see your point. ever consider they may come out of the gate hotter with Rosen at the helm?? Players aint fools...they know Rosen is their QB... they will gravitate to him unless he is a complete screw up....and they may likely play harder for him as well.

bradford has garnered some resentment in the nfl due to the checks he has collected vs his output ...I aint saying that is cool or anything, but all the tweets every time he signs a contract makes that clear. If Rosen shows the work ethic and the aptitude he may have more respect from the team than Bradford....

plus, Rosen is better at looking off a safety than Bradford is IMHO.

plus, there is this...

https://thebiglead.com/2018/06/03/s...-he-doesnt-stand-a-chance-against-josh-rosen/

"Essentially, Rosen has inherited a quarterback support group in Arizona.

He’s surrounded by a group of veterans who seem to know they can’t beat him out for the job, not after the Cardinals selected him No. 10 overall. Bradford seems to have already resigned. That leaves Mike Glennon and undrafted rookie and Princeton product Chad Kanoff"

Some are of the opinion Bradford is putting in more work as a coach than as a starting QB.... Which I am fine with, and happy about. I remember Bradford before the injuries...dude was amazing and I was nervous when we played against him. he is talented... but IMO Rosen is more talented....that can partially be demonstrated by recognizing that Bradford was recruited by Oklahoma,...and Rosen was recruited by UCLA... Both good schools but IMO UCLA is the superior football school even if it is a bigger deal at OK... Bradford was barely recruited while Rosen was a top prospect and HS all american..

its not out of bounds to think Rosen can light it up from the get go like Bradford did or better hopefully... Bradford completed 60% for 3500 yds and 18 TD's his rookie year...with 15 INT's

I am pretty sure with 60% completions and 3500 yds Rosen would have more than 18 TD's on the season...since Bradfords Y/A was only 6... Rosen has a bit more of a balls out mentality than that

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
i see your point. ever consider they may come out of the gate hotter with Rosen at the helm?? Players aint fools...they know Rosen is their QB... they will gravitate to him unless he is a complete screw up....and they may likely play harder for him as well.

bradford has garnered some resentment in the nfl due to the checks he has collected vs his output ...I aint saying that is cool or anything, but all the tweets every time he signs a contract makes that clear. If Rosen shows the work ethic and the aptitude he may have more respect from the team than Bradford....

plus, there is this...

https://thebiglead.com/2018/06/03/s...-he-doesnt-stand-a-chance-against-josh-rosen/

He’s surrounded by a group of veterans who seem to know they can’t beat him out for the job, not after the Cardinals selected him No. 10 overall. Bradford seems to have already resigned. That leaves Mike Glennon and undrafted rookie and Princeton product Chad Kanoff"

Some are of the opinion Bradford is putting in more work as a coach than as a starting QB.... Which I am fine with, and happy about. I remember Bradford before the injuries...dude was amazing and I was nervous when we played against him. he is talented... but IMO Rosen is more talented....that can partially be demonstrated by recognizing that Bradford was recruited by Oklahoma,...and Rosen was recruited by UCLA... Both good schools but IMO UCLA is the superior football school even if it is a bigger deal at OK... Bradford was barely recruited while Rosen was a top prospect and HS all american..

its not out of bounds to think Rosen can light it up from the get go like Bradford did or better hopefully... Bradford completed 60% for 3500 yds and 18 TD's his rookie year...with 15 INT's

I am pretty sure with 60% completions and 3500 yds Rosen would have more than 18 TD's on the season...since Bradfords Y/A was only 6... Rosen has a bit more of a balls out mentality than that

OK is 100 times the football school UCLA is. It's not an exaggeration at all.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

plus, there is this...

I get your perspective here, you're not insane. But I'm definitely less inclined to think we'd come out hotter with Rosen on the field. History isn't kind to rookie QBs in their first game. I don't buy the concept of him coming out there and outdueling Alex Smith. The only two really strong rookie performances I can think of in game 1 in recent history are Cam Newton and Marcus Mariota. Is that going to be replicated?

I'd much rather have Bradford steer the ship for the first couple of games and put DJ in position to make plays.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Kurt Warner: Rosen needs to prove he’s capable of starting early
The Arizona Cardinals have begun the final round of voluntary OTAs for veterans and rookies.

With a whole new coaching staff, and several new faces around the team, there’s a lot of intrigue surrounding the Cardinals.

Most notable is rookie quarterback Josh Rosen’s progress in the offense heading into mandatory minicamp starting next week.

Warner has been in Rosen’s position before, the young quarterback behind the established veteran. It’s a difficult position to prepare for, but it’s important to prove to coaches that the backup is capable and ready to go.
http://arizonasports.com/story/1549877/kurt-warner-rosen-prove-capable-starting/

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose