2018 1st round pick is Josh Rosen

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I see a bit of Matt Ryan in Rosen and I'm ok with that. He seems to have a bit more of a flair for the dramatic though, which hints at something greater.

Matt Ryan took the Falcons to the playoffs as a rookie...losing to Cards in WC round...and what an awesome game it was to be at.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
When watching him I can't help thinking that Rosen is like a man carrying around something that is weighing him down or eating at him. Whether it be something from his past or present, he just seems to me to be hiding something that is weighing heavy on him. I won't speculate on what it is, but do 'pray' that if I am right, one day he will open up and free himself of it. Hopefully, if and when he does, all Cardinal fans will show sympathy, and not judge him.

That sounds kinda dank man... almost sounds like you are saying he may be gay but he is in the closet... which has just about ->| |<- that much to do with nothing.

I have aspergers syndrome, watching Josh it crossed my mind that he may as well. many of his responses to questions look like social modeling... thats a thing ASD people do. we dont know how to respond to something when put on the spot so we give an answer or response we think people want to hear based on how we have seen others respond..... hours later after we have had time to process a question we may give a revised answer to a similar question....
examples would be the "10 mistakes made ahead of me"...and the statement he made the next day that "now I dont have to come up with flowery answers, I can just play football" Much like myself Rosen is aware that many of the things he says get people offended. I agree with him that at this point all that matters is the statements he makes on the field

NOTE: purely speculation on my part based on limited observation.... so no need to start trippin because I never finished a PhD...and I didnt sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night either, but I did sleep on a brand new mattress

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
That sounds kinda dank man... almost sounds like you are saying he may be gay but he is in the closet... which has just about ->| |<- that much to do with nothing.

I have aspergers syndrome, watching Josh it crossed my mind that he may as well. many of his responses to questions look like social modeling... thats a thing ASD people do. we dont know how to respond to something when put on the spot so we give an answer or response we think people want to hear based on how we have seen others respond..... hours later after we have had time to process a question we may give a revised answer to a similar question....
examples would be the "10 mistakes made ahead of me"...and the statement he made the next day that "now I dont have to come up with flowery answers, I can just play football" Much like myself Rosen is aware that many of the things he says get people offended. I agree with him that at this point all that matters is the statements he makes on the field

NOTE: purely speculation on my part based on limited observation.... so no need to start trippin because I never finished a PhD...and I didnt sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night either, but I did sleep on a brand new mattress

Thats a great example of what i was referring to. Not that specifically, but something he is aware of and is maybe very self conscious about. Could be something as simple as feeling socially awkward, or simply not like being around most people in general. Who knows, but him? I just feel strongly that he is struggling with something that maybe most people wouldnt give a second thought about.

It could be anything, but i would guess that one day it is explained. That will be a day when he wants to share it with the world, maybe in a book when he retires 20 years from now and after winning several Super Bowls.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

My view on him Oaken, is simply he's really smart, and for the most part, athletes are not exactly road scholars and the media chosen to cover them is cut from the same mold of layperson/jock. Hence, people like to think something is 'wrong' because he is intelligent past their own expectations or comprehension. Rosen is fine, he just has to formulate a different expression when surrounded by morons, which includes the masses/media when he talks

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

If he is truly as intelligent as he is being hailed, its possible he is somewhere on the spectrum or behaves similarly. Intelligence and ASD and related social disorders go hand in hand more often than not.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
When watching him I can't help thinking that Rosen is like a man carrying around something that is weighing him down or eating at him. Whether it be something from his past or present, he just seems to me to be hiding something that is weighing heavy on him. I won't speculate on what it is, but do 'pray' that if I am right, one day he will open up and free himself of it. Hopefully, if and when he does, all Cardinal fans will show sympathy, and not judge him.
If we are going to open up this line of questioning... then, WTF happened to you man?!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Found a video with Greg Jennings on The Herd and he mentioned how often Rodgers brought up teams passing on him in the draft. He also seems to love Rosen's personality and is one of quite a few former players that I have seen that would gladly play for Rosen.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
This is the best highlights of him. I believe it’s his sophomore year before injuring his shoulder.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This is the best highlights of him. I believe it’s his sophomore year before injuring his shoulder.

The guy not only has touch, I means his mechanics are thing of beauty and knows how to throw a guy open... then you add the aspect he's intelligent :)

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve Wilks: The kind of person Josh Rosen is allowed him to be QB he is

Josh Rosen entered the huddle Friday for the first time as a professional football player
Pretty cool, isn’t it?” Rosen told his teammates, via Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic.

It wasn’t exactly Joe Montana’s John Candy moment. In fact, the Cardinals’ new quarterback was a little “jittery” as he started his first practice, according to coach Steve Wilks. But Rosen settled in and completed a 65-yarder to Christian Kirk later in practice.

“He’s not going to throw it a million miles an hour at you,” Kirk said. “You have to know when to put a touch on it, and he’s good at that.”
The Cardinals are going to let Rosen be Rosen, insisting they won’t muzzle him. The former UCLA star’s outspokenness didn’t sit well with everybody, but Arizona believes it got its franchise quarterback with the 10th overall pick.

“I don’t want to try to control him because the kind of person he is has allowed him to be the player he is,” Wilks said. “I like his leadership. As I told you from Day 1, he’s wired a little different, and I like that.”

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Steve Wilks: The kind of person Josh Rosen is allowed him to be QB he is

Josh Rosen entered the huddle Friday for the first time as a professional football player
Pretty cool, isn’t it?” Rosen told his teammates, via Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic.

It wasn’t exactly Joe Montana’s John Candy moment. In fact, the Cardinals’ new quarterback was a little “jittery” as he started his first practice, according to coach Steve Wilks. But Rosen settled in and completed a 65-yarder to Christian Kirk later in practice.

“He’s not going to throw it a million miles an hour at you,” Kirk said. “You have to know when to put a touch on it, and he’s good at that.”
The Cardinals are going to let Rosen be Rosen, insisting they won’t muzzle him. The former UCLA star’s outspokenness didn’t sit well with everybody, but Arizona believes it got its franchise quarterback with the 10th overall pick.

“I don’t want to try to control him because the kind of person he is has allowed him to be the player he is,” Wilks said. “I like his leadership. As I told you from Day 1, he’s wired a little different, and I like that.”

Montana pointing out John Candy in the crowd has got to be one of the best on the field football stories I've ever seen. LOL I wonder how many times during big moments players do things like that?

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Glad we got Rosen! I wasn’t a fan of Matt Leinhart when we drafted him over 10 years ago but I was rooting for him anyway since he was a Cardinal. But Rosen is different. If we can protect him I think he will do very well. But can the Cardinals protect him? We have average to poor O-linemen that are injury prone. Don’t protect the QB and neither Bradford nor Rosen will succeed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Glad we got Rosen! I wasn’t a fan of Matt Leinhart when we drafted him over 10 years ago but I was rooting for him anyway since he was a Cardinal. But Rosen is different. If we can protect him I think he will do very well. But can the Cardinals protect him? We have average to poor O-linemen that are injury prone. Don’t protect the QB and neither Bradford nor Rosen will succeed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think our ability to protect him depends a lot on him and the offensive scheme. If we continue with lots of long developing down th field plays he is going to get killed. I loved BA but it was not easy for an offensive lineman in that scheme.

If Josh goes through his progressions quickly and gets rid of the ball ala Payton Manning, he will make the o line look good.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I think our ability to protect him depends a lot on him and the offensive scheme. If we continue with lots of long developing down th field plays he is going to get killed. I loved BA but it was not easy for an offensive lineman in that scheme.

If Josh goes through his progressions quickly and gets rid of the ball ala Payton Manning, he will make the o line look good.
There seems to be very little talk about this point. The new scheme is going to mean a LOT in terms of protecting the QB. Long developing plays are not what they are going to feature which means pass-pro will be a whole new ball of wax. David Johnson being back means the defense will have to respect the run. What seemed like a weakness(o-line) may become very serviceable overnight because of coaching and personnel.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Vegas predicts Josh Rosen will start 8.5 games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson