2018-19’ College Football Thread...

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
OU over the OSU for the last playoff spot though, right Cbus? We can all agree on that at least sir? :)
I go back and forth on that. OSU had the better wins but also had the worse loss. Other than Texas, I don't think they are any good teams in the Big 12, and yes, that includes WVA. The Big 10 isn't great but Michigan, PSU, and even Northwestern are better than anything the Big 12 has to offer.

If they both play their best game, Ohio State is better but they have only shown that once this year.

I wonder what Vegas would have as a point spread if they played?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I'm a true fan of both programs! I just find the 54-51 games unwatchable. The great offensive plays are cheapened by the fact that no one seems to care to cover, tackle, etc. Why is OU's defense so piss poor?? Crimson, you seem to be a rabid fan. Do they not recruit defense? Is the coaching on that side of the ball that bad? I loved watching OU when they had a stout D. I'm not saying that they need to shut opponents out, but Alabama might hang 100 on that D.

OSU has had some ugly defensive efforts too, but they do occasionally have games where they show some defensive ability. Not the case with OU. This would be a close game between these 2 teams, but again I hate 65-61 games & that's what it would be. As great as the OU offense is, I think OSU would play just enough D to outlast them. Just my opinion.

I agree with you PACardsFan, that the 59-56 type games are not really "good football".

I think OU's defense failures are mostly due to coaching, because it is recruiting talented kids, but they're not developing while they're in the program. In fact, our defensive backs actually appear to regress from what they show as freshman. Then again, once upon a time, Brent Venerables was our DC, but he was run out of town on a rail because his OU defenses performed poorly too (but not this bad). In summary, it's kind of mystery sir, and we're all freaking out about it.

OSU over OU by a one score? That's reasonable. I should point out though that OU beat the OSU last year in Columbus.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I go back and forth on that. OSU had the better wins but also had the worse loss. Other than Texas, I don't think they are any good teams in the Big 12, and yes, that includes WVA. The Big 10 isn't great but Michigan, PSU, and even Northwestern are better than anything the Big 12 has to offer.

If they both play their best game, Ohio State is better but they have only shown that once this year.

I wonder what Vegas would have as a point spread if they played?

Hmmmm. I honestly think WVU, and maybe even ISU, would rough up the Wildcats. But, I guess that's not worth too much bandwidth sir.

And on a neutral field? I bet OU would be a three or four point favorite. Could be wrong though.

Hope your CCG is well-officiated, with no injuries Cbus.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Memphis and UCF playing an arena game. 31-21 in 2nd quarter and Georgia sticking to 'Bama right now 21-7.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Memphis and UCF playing an arena game. 31-21 in 2nd quarter and Georgia sticking to 'Bama right now 21-7.

SEC haters worst nightmare is Georgia winning because they’ll get in and it won’t affect Bama at all. Two more teams from the south getting in once again if Georgia hangs on.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
SEC haters worst nightmare is Georgia winning because they’ll get in and it won’t affect Bama at all. Two more teams from the south getting in once again if Georgia hangs on.
That's why I call the fraudulent playoff the SEC title 2.0 UCF certainly aren't helping their own cause today.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
UCF is a nice story but let's be real not beating Alabama.

Hate em all you want there proven

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Strongly disagree on a fake punt there against their backup QB (even though I know hurts still gets a lot of reps)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Then again, I guess they weren't gonna stop hurts either way.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'd rather see an Alabama- Georgia rematch, than watch either Ohio state or Oklahoma get flambe'd

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I'd rather see an Alabama- Georgia rematch, than watch either Ohio state or Oklahoma get flambe'd
Yep, but won't happen. With UCF undefeated 2 years in a row and Georgia and whoever gets left out of OU/OSU, I expect lots of discussion about expanding to 8.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'd prefer UCF to Ohio state or Oklahoma. Of course I'm completely assuming Clemson holds serve tonight.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
it's stupid to have 2 teams from the same conference in the playoff even if they are the #1 and 2 teams in the country.

Alabama just proved they are better than Georgia. Why do I want to watch them play again in a month to see if anything changed?

The playoff should be expanded to 8 teams. All the winners of the Power 5 and 3 at large. Winning your conference should mean something.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
it's stupid to have 2 teams from the same conference in the playoff even if they are the #1 and 2 teams in the country.

Alabama just proved they are better than Georgia. Why do I want to watch them play again in a month to see if anything changed?

The playoff should be expanded to 8 teams. All the winners of the Power 5 and 3 at large. Winning your conference should mean something.
I came up with a 16 team formula that would take 4 weeks to complete but an 8 team tournament isn't crazy either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave