2010 Playoffs: Round 1, Game 4 - Suns At Trail Blazers Game Thread

cly2tw

Reaction score
I don't think Nash is really ready to accept playing only 25 minutes or so a game. :shrug:

He might learn to. He didn't like Amare handling the ball too much. He started to do so. He openly uttered some self criticism regarding JRich, in the postgame press after game 3, that he didn't find JRich more often earlier after JR joined the Suns. He is already halfway departing from his early "sharing the wealth and taking what the defense giving us" approach. Though Gentry is no Sloan with respect to authority, Nash might finally see it slowly that "less can be more", to the benefit of the team.;)

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
So, we gave Nash a pricey 3 yr extension so we can drastically cut his minutes in the first yr of that contract? Good grief.

For what it's worth, Nash's extension was for only two years. This season was an option on the original contract. The Suns picked that up, then tacked on $22 million for the two years after this.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i was gone all weekend, no tv or anything. and havent read much on the boards.
so i got home last night(sunday at 11pm) and put the game on, i recorded it on my dtv.

fast forward to the 4th qtr.

we start the 4th bad with barbosa making terrible plays/drives.

then i see how bad the officiating is. lets see, i remember
the foul on Lou which was a charge.
the no-travel call on roy,
the brilliant inbounds play where they just let miller mug the crap out of Stat under the basket,
the nash t/o which it hit a blazers arm- should be suns ball,
the really dumb flagrant call on Frye.
the back-tap-rebound which should have been a back court violation
and what ever happened to this called illegal D??

what else did i miss? and that was with me only watching the 4th qtr.
man it was a give away game. terrible officiating.

and who was the punk that tried to walk into Stats elbows, then decides to push Stat with 2 hands??

Hayduke

Registered
Reaction score
Nicolas Batum. Ya bad move on his part.

82CardsGrad said:
I still contend that with Nash in the game as a starter, a hole is created at the PG position... He can still dish it, but so can Dragic. And Dragic has way more spring in his stride and pep to the step than does Nash. Which also means Dragic can actually play something that resembles defense, versus Nash is a complete empty uniform on defense.

:mulli: That's basically saying we should trade Nash. As stated above, it's not likely he's going to come off the bench and if he did, then what? You'd still complain about his defense.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Nicolas Batum. Ya bad move on his part.

:mulli: That's basically saying we should trade Nash. As stated above, it's not likely he's going to come off the bench and if he did, then what? You'd still complain about his defense.

Whatever.... Nash needs less minutes, period... deal with it.

;)

GYDevil

Veteran
Reaction score
Nah, if the Suns lose this series it'll be blamed on the absence of Lopez and poor performances by the bench. :shrug:

This is exactly the reason why the Suns would lose this series. Nash had a bad game but if Lopez were healthy there is no way we get torched by their frontcourt like we did or allow them to get that many offensive rebounds. And we could have probably overcome some of that if Frye and Dudley didn't go MIA from 3-point range. Not to mention Hill missing open 10-15 foot jumps shots in the lane. The Suns got caught up in a whirlwind of emotion with Roy coming back and they completely lost sight of who they were in that 4th quarter. I think they can come home and right the ship and then try to close it out on Thursday.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison