2006 World Cup

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
slinslin said:
No one of argentina's bench players kicked Mertesacker in the leg which caused him to bleed. Bierhoff stepped in to sperate them. Rodriguez ran across the field to punch Schweinsteiger, Heinze was throwing punches as well.

I hate Maxi, probably more than any current player.

Nate

Registered
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

That was just the second of two kicks on Mertesacker...what a bad sport this guy is... and nothing excuses behavior like that!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Portugal hits the post, England scores: 1-1 after two kicks.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Portugal takes 2-1 lead after 4. Portugese goalie on fire.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Nate said:
That was just the second of two kicks on Mertesacker...what a bad sport this guy is... and nothing excuses behavior like that!

Speaking of bad sports, Wayne Rooney is a thug...stomping on someones groin is absolutely wrong.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Zeno said:
Speaking of bad sports, Wayne Rooney is a thug...stomping on someones groin is absolutely wrong.

He's a little twit that basically lost the game for his team and his country. All the hype leading up to his return and he ends up being the reason they exit. His being kicked out took England off their game. They had to defend the whole time, and that clutz Crouch couldn't keep the ball. Portugal didn't look great (with exception to the keeper) and England probably could have taken it in regulation with 11.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
dogpoo32 said:
He's a little twit that basically lost the game for his team and his country. All the hype leading up to his return and he ends up being the reason they exit. His being kicked out took England off their game. They had to defend the whole time, and that clutz Crouch couldn't keep the ball. Portugal didn't look great (with exception to the keeper) and England probably could have taken it in regulation with 11.

Really disagree about Crouch. I thought he played rather well and helped create a few chances in the attack.

Nate

Registered
Reaction score
As bad as his action was, one can at least somewhat argue that it was just the heat of the moment which took the best of him. In my opinion he "just " (ok, not really) overreacted in a split-second decision after trying to break free from the portugal player on the ground.

Thats really bad self-control, but at least not on the level displayed of DeRossi or the Argentines Cufre and Maxi Rodriguez.

Nate

Registered
Reaction score
Liked Crouch, too. Gave the English side another mode of attack, holding the ball well and often just by being in the right places. Should have won that header in the box, however.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess I was a little hard on Crouch. I don't think he plays well as the only forward. Of course, there was little England could do after Rooney's blunder.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Man. For the all-time goal leader in World Cup history, Renaldo sure does suck. He seemed out of his element in this game more than any other this year.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
dogpoo32 said:
Man. For the all-time goal leader in World Cup history, Renaldo sure does suck. He seemed out of his element in this game more than any other this year.

Ronaldo is obviously overweight, and that hurt them a lot. But give some credit to France--they played a near flawless game. They knew they had to stick to Ronaldo and Ronaldinho like glue, and they did just that.

Plus, it helps to have Superman on your team. Zidane is amazing. One of the best performances I've seen this year in the World Cup. Strange, because I thought Henry had played horribly the last 2 games. But he scored from Zidane, so that means more than his 20 offside calls.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Thats what I get for picking against France again. I'll admit though I was cheering for France about halfway through the first half, they just seemed to want it more from the start of the match. Also it'll be nice to see Zidane play another couple of games(semi's & third place game ;) )

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
slinslin said:
I picked all 4 winners. ;)

As did I. Dissapointment of the tourney: Frank Lampard, easily. Finished 2nd in FIFA POY twice and he puts up that display. Awful.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort