2006 World Cup

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
I'm saying France and Italy wins. It sucks Frings is out, IMO he is one of the best holding players in the entire world.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
Nate said:
Note the day of the announcement:

best bit was we tried to get Big Phil (portugal) before ending up with Steve McLaren! whilst he is obv a class act cant see him having many friends in England right now!

having said that we are fickle and as soon as he won his first game he would be one of us!

what do you guys reckon on tonight score then?

2-1 to Itlay i think!

my France and Italy bets are still going so i hope so!

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
England fires their coach and fills the position hours after the world cup while the good ole USA does nothing to improve but pray.
Klinsman's contract with Germany is up. He's married to an American and lives in California. Perhaps they're waiting for him to deside if he wants to continue as Germany's coach.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
BACH said:
Huh???

Germany has had one chance in the entire game.

LOL, it got better as the game went on, but in the beginning, Germany was getting the ball close--no shots, but close.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
BACH said:
Klinsman's contract with Germany is up. He's married to an American and lives in California. Perhaps they're waiting for him to deside if he wants to continue as the Germany's coach.
I was rooting against Germany for that reason. Hopefully now US Soccer will convince Klinsmann to be their new head coach.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
slinslin said:
Podolski header?
Poldolski shot?
Schneider shot? <- That was a 100% chance, he had to make it.
Look at the time..

I posted that in the middel of the 2nd half in regular playing time.

Nate

Registered
Reaction score
Just back from watching the game in town:

Lucky Italians score two very late goals to kill off the opponent yet again in the last minutes of play. Lucky doesnt equal undeserved, as both teams would have been lucky but deserved winners in a hard fought close game. Congrats to everyone who supported (and still supports) Italy.

However: Ollie, allez les Bleus! Kick out Portugal and then take care of Italy on Sunday. Its important that Italy doesnt win... my longtime girl friend will be in Firenze from Sunday to Tuesday... no need for ecstatic Italians;). Ok, I dont care between Italy and Portugal but would like to see the French team win it all.

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
Sorry for you german guys, despite the fact that your team was somewhat limited, your guys fought almost 'til the end (and I'm pretty sure you would have won the PK).

IF we take care of Portugal tomorrow, I hope we'll beat Italia the exact same way we've done it in Euro 2000, with a late hearbreaking equalizer or winning goal... :)

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Tomorrow, Portugal 2 France 0.

Next weeks final Portugal 1 Italy 0

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe that game! 2 goals by Italy in the last few minutes of overtime! That has got to be the best game of the tournament. I'm not a big fan of any of the teams left since my top 5 favorites(USA, Iran, Argentina, Brazil, Ghana) are gone, but I am still hoping for an Italy-Portugal final. I think the French are winning tommorow though. :(

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
France has to play better to beat Italy.

The goalies could be the key in the final. Buffon is probably the best in the World, while Bartez was very unimpressive tonight.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
BACH said:
France has to play better to beat Italy.

The goalies could be the key in the final. Buffon is probably the best in the World, while Bartez was very unimpressive tonight.

I'm taking Frace, they are better player for player IMO. It should be a hard fought defensive match though.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Nate said:

Yeah, your childish cheapshots don't go unnoticed. Don't worry, you still get attention.

I'll give it to him. He reffed (sp?) one hell of a game today. Everything was right, from the penalty to the no call on the Christiano Ronaldo fall in the box. Excellent game. I really, REALLY wish he could have been in the same form during our match v Italy, as we would definitely have won the match. Then, who knows?

Oh well. He did well today, but lousy against us. Them's the breaks.