10 thoughts - Colts game

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1 – Good job on Jonathan Taylor. Other than his 43-yard run, he “only” had 65 rushing yards on 26 attempts. That’s 2.5 yards per run. Absolutely acceptable.

2 – Rodney Hudson’s absence has been catastrophic. The offensive line has been a liability for weeks.

3 – We can discuss his play, but Kyler Murray the athlete was back after hiding for some weeks.

4 - I have never understood why so many fans underestimate special teams. Case in point: this game.

5 – Is Kliff Kingsbury on the hotseat if his team again go up in flames at the backend of the season? Would a playoff berth overshadow context?

6 – Max Garcia have had waaaay too many bad snaps during his center-adventure this season.

7 – Against an o-line with four new starters, the Cards’ d-line should dominate a lot more.

8 – Christian Kirk has had a nice season… until now.

9 – I am proud of Antonio Hamilton. He played really well as replacement for Marco Wilson.

10 – After the Niners’ loss some days ago, the Cardinals will probably still get in the playoffs (now it is official, by the way). And guys, it is all about getting in. Upsets does happen in the playoffs. If you are in, anything can happen.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
At this point we get to play in the playoffs We need to play wel and avoid turnovers. I rather play on the road we are much better. Win 2 games and we have had a super season. Win 1 we have had a great season. Loss first round we still had a good season.

Montanaman

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
At this point we get to play in the playoffs We need to play wel and avoid turnovers. I rather play on the road we are much better. Win 2 games and we have had a super season. Win 1 we have had a great season. Loss first round we still had a good season.
Wow have you set the bar low. If that's the silver lining on a team that was 10-2 four weeks ago then we need to find a new cloud. Or a new coach and QB. And this whole " better on the road" thing is silly. That's just another meaningless stat.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wow have you set the bar low. If that's the silver lining on a team that was 10-2 four weeks ago then we need to find a new cloud. Or a new coach and QB. And this whole " better on the road" thing is silly. That's just another meaningless stat.
So what is the solution?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah. The idea that a good season could be declared if we lose out, or lose our last 5 of 6 games and not even win a playoff game after having the best record in football at the 3/4s is the rallying cry of a fandom that doesn’t understand what it means to be successful.

Sports aren’t about how you start. It’s how you finish and if the end of your season is a catastrophe, then it wasn’t a good season. That’s total loser mentality and I hope to God the Bidwills don’t think that way. If they do, they’ll continue to deserve the loser label they brought on themselves for decades.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah. The idea that a good season could be declared if we lose out, or lose our last 5 of 6 games and not even win a playoff game after having the best record in football at the 3/4s is the rallying cry of a fandom that doesn’t understand what it means to be successful.

Sports aren’t about how you start. It’s how you finish and if the end of your season is a catastrophe, then it wasn’t a good season. That’s total loser mentality and I hope to God the Bidwills don’t think that way. If they do, they’ll continue to deserve the loser label they brought on themselves for decades.
100% spot on

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1 – Good job on Jonathan Taylor. Other than his 43-yard run, he “only” had 65 rushing yards on 26 attempts. That’s 2.5 yards per run. Absolutely acceptable
Agree.
2 – Rodney Hudson’s absence has been catastrophic. The offensive line has been a liability for weeks.
Agree
3 – We can discuss his play, but Kyler Murray the athlete was back after hiding for some weeks.
I starting to really question if Kyler can read a defense.
4 - I have never understood why so many fans underestimate special teams. Case in point: this game.
They sure stand out when you lose a game.
5 – Is Kliff Kingsbury on the hotseat if his team again go up in flames at the backend of the season? Would a playoff berth overshadow context?
Losing out and miserable loss in the first round should be his undoing. Especially after telling us we were all in and “the best roster we’ve had in years”. Can’t use injuries or Covid. Everybody is or has had to deal with this.
6 – Max Garcia have had waaaay too many bad snaps during his center-adventure this season.
And yet we kept going to him.
7 – Against an o-line with four new starters, the Cards’ d-line should dominate a lot more.
I was not to disappointed with the defense except the3 man rush on the td pass in the 4th.
He can be easily replaced.
9 – I am proud of Antonio Hamilton. He played really well as replacement for Marco Wilson.
Agree
10 – After the Niners’ loss some days ago, the Cardinals will probably still get in the playoffs (now it is official, by the way). And guys, it is all about getting in. Upsets does happen in the playoffs. If you are in, anything can happen.
True, but man we look helpless right now.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Getting to the playoffs is the goal
Period. I mean you have to get enough wins. Get them early
Or late doesn’t matter. We are missing major pieces and pieces they really effect us. If we win 2 playoff games there won’t be one unhappy fan.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Or late doesn’t matter. We are missing major pieces and pieces they really effect us. If we win 2 playoff games there won’t be one unhappy fan.
The Colts were missing 4/5 of their offensive line. You can stop with the excuses.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No crap if we win 2 playoff games there won’t be unhappy fans.

My response to you saying was about it being a good season if we’re one and done and end the season losing 6 of 7. Try and follow along with your own points.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
While I don't disagree with ya.... So can the people who just dismiss our injuries. :thumbup:
I was with you in the Green Bay game, because the whole media was "poor widdle Packers" which was clearly BS. Lately, we've been playing decimated teams and so, yes, I'm going to dismiss our injuries, because all things being equal, we have still been sucking.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No crap if we win 2 playoff games there won’t be unhappy fans.

My response to you saying was about it being a good season if we’re one and done and end the season losing 6 of 7. Try and follow along with your own points.
I did if win playoff games who cares

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did if win playoff games who cares

No. Here was your last statement:

“Loss first round we still had a good season.”

Seriously, again, try to follow along at least with your own words.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just in case you think I’m making that up, look at the bold.

First round loss preceded by losing 5 of 6 or worse 6 of 6 is not a good season.

Reaction score
1 – Good job on Jonathan Taylor. Other than his 43-yard run, he “only” had 65 rushing yards on 26 attempts. That’s 2.5 yards per run. Absolutely acceptable.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

My sentiments exactly... not having Hudson is huge, thankfully it's not a injury issue and hope he is doing well and ready to come back

Reaction score
What i dont get is why was colt mccoy the holder on kicks?
How can he be that bad??
Jeff Rodgers is supposed to be a very good special teams coach..
How can they go into this game so unprepared..i know andy lee was a late scratch, but how dont you prepare for these things during the year.
This is part of the details that kliff is missing?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Get Hudson back in and we have the backs and QB to have a running game and that still holds true for winning in the playoffs. This defense also has to start getting turnovers again, we cannot afford to let tip passes fall to the ground. There were at least two tips which hung in the air and there was no defender to seize the opportunity

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just in case you think I’m making that up, look at the bold.

First round loss preceded by losing 5 of 6 or worse 6 of 6 is not a good season.
Is it better than not getting to the playoffs? Is it a improvement?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose