I mean I'd definitely take Odunze over

2023: JSN
2022: Drake London
2020: Henry Ruggs
2019: Marquise Brown
2018: DJ Moore
2017: Corey Davis
2016: Corey Coleman

I would take Nabers over these guys as well.

Other than Ja'Marr Chase which classes would he not be WR1 in since 2016?
I would have taken DJ Moore, Garrett Wilson, & Jameson Williams over Odunze. Just because the WRs you listed were drafted first doesn’t mean they were my WR1s from that class. That’s also not counting WRs from the same classes I would also take over Odunze.

I also don’t know what you mean “would take Nabers over these guys as well” considering Nabers is a better prospect than Odunze, lol.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ditto Nabers and all the "actually, he's the best WR in this draft" talk. No guarantee for any of these guys.
Nabers hasn’t been getting love here like Odunze unless you’re just speaking in general.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would have taken DJ Moore, Garrett Wilson, & Jameson Williams over Odunze. Just because the WRs you listed were drafted first doesn’t mean they were my WR1s from that class. That’s also not counting WRs from the same classes I would also take over Odunze.

I also don’t know what you mean “would take Nabers over these guys as well” considering Nabers is a better prospect than Odunze, lol.
I'm not judging the previous classes with the hindsight of how they did in the NFL, I'm judging them based off their college careers. Odunze/Naber are better prospects than guys like Moore and Wilson in my eyes. Both are more productive and have better traits.

The wide receivers taken first were considered the WR1s of that class based off the judgement of actual NFL GMs. If you put Odunze/Nabers in those classes I think they would be taken before the guys that actually got taken first.

I added the "would take Nabers over these guys as well" since your hostility towards Odunze as a prospect appears to be based off of resentment that he's more popular here than your college favorite, Nabers.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not judging the previous classes with the hindsight of how they did in the NFL
I’m not either. What’s the point of this post?
better traits.
Disagree.
based off the judgement of actual NFL GMs.
And it’s based off of my judgement, which only matters to me.
since your hostility towards Odunze as a prospect appears to be based off of resentment that he's more popular here than your college favorite, Nabers.
Nabers isn’t my favorite college player. I have no resentment or ill-will towards Odunze.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I would have taken DJ Moore, Garrett Wilson, & Jameson Williams over Odunze.
Yeah this is absurd. Odunze is significantly better than any of those guys coming out.
Just because the WRs you listed were drafted first doesn’t mean they were my WR1s from that class. That’s also not counting WRs from the same classes I would also take over Odunze.
You're on an island here.
Nabers is a crazy good slot prospect, but he wasn't nearly effective when he played the X position. He he's much worse at the catch point too, and it's not even debatable.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah this is absurd. Odunze is significantly better than any of those guys coming out.
Wow, it’s almost like I don’t believe that & it’s my opinion.
You're on an island here.
And?
He he's much worse at the catch point too, and it's not even debatable.
Probably because Nabers has the ability & explosiveness to consistently get open & not have to worry about jump-balls as nearly as much as Odunze because Odunze doesn’t possess those same traits Nabers has. This is going up against the Terrion Arnold, Kool-Aid McKinstry, & Ennis Rakestraws of the world. It’s a bit alarming the “catch point” is the only thing you’re hanging your hat on against both Nabers & MHJ.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Wow, it’s almost like I don’t believe that & it’s my opinion.

And?

Probably because Nabers has the ability & explosiveness to consistently get open & not have to worry about jump-balls as nearly as much as Odunze because Odunze doesn’t possess those same traits Nabers has.
Total ignorance. Odunze didn't rely on jump balls.

It's hilarious reading you bash Ceedee Lamb years ago for not facing much press man and then to see you give Nabers a pass. Nabers running wide open against off coverage all day makes me concerned that he might just struggle against it in the NFL...which we have some film of because in week one LSU trotter Nabers out at X and they quickly moved him because he was good, but not great against it.
This is going up against the Terrion Arnold, Kool-Aid McKinstry, & Ennis Rakestraws of the world. It’s a bit alarming the “catch point” is the only thing you’re hanging your hat on against both Nabers & MHJ.
In the slot? I see a lot of reps against safeties and other defenders not #1 corners. Another concern is that Nabers isn't a particularly good route runner, he's just explosive enough that even simple moves can get him wide open.

And I don't have to hang my hat on the catch point because Odunze has tons of snaps where he got wide open too. He's a complete player..he's just a lot better than Nabers at the catch point and it isn't really close.

Nabers would be considered below average at the catch point since he only caught 45% on contested catches while Odunze caught 75%.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Odunze didn't rely on jump balls.
I clearly didn’t say he relied on them.
It's hilarious reading you bash Ceedee Lamb years ago for not facing much press man and then to see you give Nabers a pass. Nabers running wide open against off coverage all day makes me concerned that he might just struggle against it in the NFL...which we have some film of because in week one LSU trotter Nabers out at X and they quickly moved him because he was good, but not great against it.
You already said this about two months ago & I been responded to it. Next up.
I see a lot of reps against safeties and other defenders not #1 corners.
Then you’re not actually watching the film.
Another concern is that Nabers isn't a particularly good route runner
This is new.
even simple moves can get him wide open.
Speaks a lot about a prospect if they can consistently get wide open just by doing simple moves.
He's a complete player
He’s a great prospect, he just isn’t better than the guys I listed earlier.
Nabers would be considered below average at the catch point since he only caught 45% on contested catches while Odunze caught 75%
This is like your 12th time saying this.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I clearly didn’t say he relied on them.
You said that Nabers "doesn't have to rely on them nearly as much" which implies that he relies on them to a high extent which really isn't the case if you did more than even a cursory investigation into both prospects.
You already said this about two months ago & I been responded to it. Next up.
Eh it wasn't. You glossed over and didn't really have a compelling argument on how this situation was different.

It actually proves that it doesn't really matter, but it calls into question about your inherent SEC bias.
Then you’re not actually watching the film.
I have. I see a lot of free releases against slot defenders (slot corners, linebackers, and safeties).
This is new.
Even the best route runners in college are merely ok in the NFL. Nabers wouldn't be called a great route runner.
Speaks a lot about a prospect if they can consistently get wide open just by doing simple moves.
Absolutely. He's that explosive, which is why he's a phenomenal prospect, he's just not great at everything, but great at a few things.
He’s a great prospect, he just isn’t better than the guys I listed earlier.
DJ Moore was a late first rounder.

Odunze is 100% better than Garrett Wilson.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.
This is like your 12th time saying this.
And a point that irrefutable. Odunze is just more versatile. He's not as explosive as Nabers. Explosive isn't everything though. Sometimes it's good to have a power forward who can physically dominate the corner rather than rely on just speed alone.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You said that Nabers "doesn't have to rely on them nearly as much" which implies that he relies on them to a high extent which really isn't the case if you did more than even a cursory investigation into both prospects.
Now you altering your own words around. Went from saying I belive Odunze only relies on jumpballs to now doing it at a high extent. When in reality, I clearly stated Nabers doesn’t have to worry about it as much when he’s compared to Rome.
Eh it wasn't. You glossed over and didn't really have a compelling argument on how this situation was different.
Eh, if you fail to comprehend then I can’t help you there.
but it calls into question about your inherent SEC bias.
Add “anti” before SEC & it would apply to you.
I have. I see a lot of free releases against slot defenders (slot corners, linebackers, and safeties).
Then you’re not actually watching film if you seen a lot of those.
Odunze is 100% better than Garrett Wilson.
Not to DVontel.
And a point that irrefutable
Because you can’t come up with another triumph-card that Rome posses over Nabers.
Odunze is just more versatile
Isaiah Simmons was versatile, too. I would rather have the higher ability than the more versatility.
Explosive isn't everything though
It’s not everything, but it’s what separates the greats from the goods.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Total ignorance. Odunze didn't rely on jump balls.

In the slot? I see a lot of reps against safeties and other defenders not #1 corners. Another concern is that Nabers isn't a particularly good route runner, he's just explosive enough that even simple moves can get him wide open.

And I don't have to hang my hat on the catch point because Odunze has tons of snaps where he got wide open too. He's a complete player..he's just a lot better than Nabers at the catch point and it isn't really close.

Nabers would be considered below average at the catch point since he only caught 45% on contested catches while Odunze caught 75%.
My favorite is watching the two of you try to tear down the other receiver bc he’s not your fav.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
My favorite is watching the two of you try to tear down the other receiver bc he’s not your fav.
I like Nabers, but I don't think he's the god's gift.

I think he's not a perfect prospect for reasons I've stated. He also has significant character concerns.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Now you altering your own words around. Went from saying I belive Odunze only relies on jumpballs to now doing it at a high extent. When in reality, I clearly stated Nabers doesn’t have to worry about it as much when he’s compared to Rome.
Semantics.
Eh, if you fail to comprehend then I can’t help you there.
Ok bud.
Add “anti” before SEC & it would apply to you.
I like plenty of SEC players, I'm just not beholden to the SEC. Silly.
Then you’re not actually watching film if you seen a lot of those.
I've seen it.

You say nonsense like McKinstry matched up with him when McKinstry had virtually no slot snaps. LOL
Not to DVontel.
Cool story. You're on an island. No credible scout I've seen agrees with you.
Because you can’t come up with another triumph-card that Rome posses over Nabers.
Size.
Catch point.
Catch radius.
Adjusting to poorly thrown balls.
Route runner

I'd say Odunze is better all those skills. He's also a better person.

Isaiah Simmons was versatile, too. I would rather have the higher ability than the more versatility.
Clown shoe argument. We're talking versatility within a single position (wide receiver). Stay on topic please.
It’s not everything, but it’s what separates the greats from the goods.
Henry Riggs was plenty explosive too. So way Darius Heyward Bey. I can mention dozens of receivers that their best trait was explosive that sucked.

Nabers is certainly a lot better than those guys, but there is a lot more to playing receiver than being explosive.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You say nonsense like McKinstry matched up with him when McKinstry had virtually no slot snaps. LOL
Lmao, Jesus Christ, you legitimately had to not watch a snap of that game or you have awful memory. You can go on YouTube & type in Malik Nabers vs Kool-Aid & when in fact, it shows McKinstry lined up against Nabers. Crazy, right?
You're on an island
You going to keep repeating this?
Catch radius.
Adjusting to poorly thrown balls.
Lol @ there being a difference between the two. You had to reach hard for this one.
He's also a better person.
Oh really? You know Malik Nabers & Rome Odunze personally?
We're talking versatility within a single position (wide receiver). Stay on topic please.
Damn, it’s almost like I used an example & followed it up with a statement that was on topic. Of course, you have an hilarious habit of reaching.

Nabers is certainly a lot better than those guys, but there is a lot more to playing receiver than being explosive.
Lmao good Lord dawg, when did I say it was not? Why do you love reaching for something that isn’t there so much? Man.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Come on man, you can't redo WR1's based on NFL play, you have to go with the draft order coming out. You're comparing 5-6 year NFL vets with college players.

If we are rewriting history DJ Moore would have gone top 10 instead of mid 20's. In a poor WR he couldn't convince teams, Odunze is going top 12 in a strong class.

If Odunze had been in those years he would have gone #1 in every year except Chase.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ditto Nabers and all the "actually, he's the best WR in this draft" talk. No guarantee for any of these guys.

Ditto MHJ

If there is a guy in this class getting way too much certainty it's him. He's a high floor guy for sure, at worst he's Chris Olave. But there is way too much certainty he's Megatron/Julio level.