Season Starts TOMORROW: What's your record prediction??

How many wins do you project with today's (3/13) roster?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
What do you think? Projected starting lineup:

Offense:
QB - Kyler Murray, Desmond Ridder, Clayton Tune
RB - James Conner, Michael Carter
TE - Trey McBride, Elijah Higgins
LT - Jonah Williams, Kelvin Beachum
LG - Elijah Wilkinson. Carter O'Donnell
C - Hjalte Froholdt, Jon Gaines
RG - Will Hernandez, Marquis Hayes
RT - Paris Johnson, Jr., Kelvin Beachum
WR - Michael Wilson, Greg Dortch, Chris Moore, Zach Pascal, Andre Baccellia

Defense:
EDGE: BJ Ojulari, Zaven Collins, Dennis Gardeck, Victor Dimukeje
IDL: Justin Jones, Bilal Nichols, Dante Stills, Naquan Jones
ILB: Kyzhir White, Mack Wilson, Krys Barnes
CB: Sean Murphy-Bunting, Garrett Williams, Starling Thomas V, Kei'Trel Clark
S: Budda Baker, Jalen Thompson

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What do you think? Projected starting lineup:

Offense:
QB - Kyler Murray, Clayton Tune
RB - James Conner, Michael Carter
TE - Trey McBride, Elijah Higgins
LT - Paris Johnson, Jr., Dennis Daley
LG - Carter O'Donnell, Jon Gaines
C - Hjalte Froholdt, Jon Gaines
RG - Will Hernandez, Dennis Daley
RT - Kelvin Beachum, Dennis Daley
WR - Michael Wilson, Rondale Moore, Greg Dortch, Andre Baccellia

Defense:
EDGE: BJ Ojulari, Zaven Collins, Dennis Gardeck, Victor Dimukeje
IDL: Justin Jones, Bilal Nichols, Dante Stills, Naquan Jones
ILB: Kyzhir White, Mack Wilson, Krys Barnes
CB: Sean Murphy-Bunting, Garrett Williams, Starling Thomas V, Kei'Trel Clark
S: Budda Baker, Jalen Thompson

There's at least 10 draft players to add including 6 top 100 picks so it's hard to say.

But, we would probably have been a 7-8 win team last year with a healthy Kyler and that was a worse roster so I'll play it safe and go with the same for now.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I voted 7-9 wins. I know we have been bad at home for two seasons but I think that changes this year. We could get 10 or 11 max.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wanted to add something.

What happens with this team next year really depends on Kyler.

Yes, there will be games we win or lose based on defense but 90% of our record next year is going to come down to how Kyler plays.

If he plays like he did in 2021 and in spots late last year, if he really gets this offense down and fixes his accuracy issues this team can win games. If he's the sulky, mid guy who blows hot and cold that we have seen the last couple of years, then not so much.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
i said before last season even started we'd win 3 or 4 games in 2023 and be around/slightly above .500 in 2024 with a (long) shot at wildcard

still holding

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I vote 4-6. After draft and 2nd round of FA if successful, probably 7-9.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I wanted to add something.

What happens with this team next year really depends on Kyler.

Yes, there will be games we win or lose based on defense but 90% of our record next year is going to come down to how Kyler plays.

If he plays like he did in 2021 and in spots late last year, if he really gets this offense down and fixes his accuracy issues this team can win games. If he's the sulky, mid guy who blows hot and cold that we have seen the last couple of years, then not so much.

I actually think we're intentionally designing this offense to not depend on Kyler. I think this is the main philosophy change that Monti/Gannon/Petzing implemented. I agree that Kliff's offense was largely "Kyler make something happen."

From what I saw, the offense is being built to not need Kyler to put on the superman cape as often, even if it's just to complete four-yard passes on first and ten or second and seven. More defined reads, not less.

I think the goal is for Kyler to play like Trevor Lawrence and the Cards could win 12 games.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I actually think we're intentionally designing this offense to not depend on Kyler. I think this is the main philosophy change that Monti/Gannon/Petzing implemented. I agree that Kliff's offense was largely "Kyler make something happen."

From what I saw, the offense is being built to not need Kyler to put on the superman cape as often, even if it's just to complete four-yard passes on first and ten or second and seven. More defined reads, not less.

I think the goal is for Kyler to play like Trevor Lawrence and the Cards could win 12 games.

I agree that I think they want to get away from the Kliff days of expecting Kyler to throw it 45 times a game and run 8 times. They want to have a better run game to lean on.

But he still dropped back 35 times a game and what he does on those 35 will be key. His reading defenses, vision and accuracy have to improve.

His YPA the last 2 years have been the 2 worst of his career with 6.1 and 6.7. Which were last and #26 respectively. His completion rate last year was nearly 4 points below 2021. His completion rate under pressure last year was only 43.6%, which was 33rd. His deep ball accuracy ranked #36.

His completion percentage vs man ranked #14 but #36 vs zone.

There's loads of ugly stuff in his stats. He doesn't even need to be elite. Just being mid would be a huge step up.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm going 4-6 today. I don't think that anything will change that absent a QB change.

I simply do not and will not trust KM to be consistent enough or healthy enough to win more than that. 6 wins tops in 2024 if I'm being optimistic.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree that I think they want to get away from the Kliff days of expecting Kyler to throw it 45 times a game and run 8 times. They want to have a better run game to lean on.

But he still dropped back 35 times a game and what he does on those 35 will be key. His reading defenses, vision and accuracy have to improve.

His YPA the last 2 years have been the 2 worst of his career with 6.1 and 6.7. Which were last and #26 respectively. His completion rate last year was nearly 4 points below 2021. His completion rate under pressure last year was only 43.6%, which was 33rd. His deep ball accuracy ranked #36.

There's loads of ugly stuff in his stats. He doesn't even need to be elite. Just being mid would be a huge step up.
Are you forgetting the Budda effect? I mean he is the best S in all of football. Just ask Cards fans? Isn’t that worth at least 3 wins?

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Yeah. I mean a think a function of that is playing with DeAndre Hopkins as your #1 WR vs Greg Dortch as your #1 WR. We all agree that Kyler has to get better -- he'd tell you that, Gannon would tell you that.

What you can also see is that his YPA improved from 2022 to 2023 significantly. Could be a blip, could be attributable to small sample size. We'll see.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
4-6 wins. I'm hoping a few more pickups in free agency and draft pushes that number to about 7.

Some interior ol, a starting caliber OT, #1 wr, cb help probably get me there, but that's not today's roster.

Luckily at #4 we can address wr.

I know froholdt overachieved expectations, but I still want an upgrade at some point. I still feel we're too weak up front. If we can upgrade, why wait?

At the same time, I think we have a tough schedule, so we may underachieve.