Season Starts TOMORROW: What's your record prediction??

How many wins do you project with today's (3/13) roster?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today, without the draft, 4-6 wins. Kyler has 2 weapons and still trash at LG. Defense is might be slightly better, but not enough to move the needle.

Secure a LG, MHJ, a decent FA WR and a CB and Edge rusher in the late 1st and early 2nd and we battle for 8-9 wins.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Today, without the draft, 4-6 wins. Kyler has 2 weapons and still trash at LG. Defense is might be slightly better, but not enough to move the needle.

Secure a LG, MHJ, a decent FA WR and a CB and Edge rusher in the late 1st and early 2nd and we battle for 8-9 wins.
That's a hell of a shopping list at this point. Hope it happens!

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
if the Cardinals finished 12-5 or 13-4, they would almost certainly fall in the real contender camp, not the fake one. Kyler would likely be having a phenomenal season if the Cards are winning 12+ games. Plus the NFC West is a tough division.

Last edited:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I took the mediocre route however if the Oline suffers injuries, then I am dropping to the Failed Tank spot. No real depth on that line.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Cardinals overachieved by beating three playoff teams last year on route to their four win season. They are paying the price for years of substandard drafting.

Wish they had gotten Kenny Pickett instead of Desmond Ridder.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
My god, the WR room is worse than when free agency started.

Mild upgrades at off-ball linebacker, cornerback, and IDL.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
My god, the WR room is worse than when free agency started.

Mild upgrades at off-ball linebacker, cornerback, and IDL.

The pass catching unit will be better unless ppl want to keep pretending Hollywood Brown & Rondale Moore were some kind of studs here. The Cards own the first 3 rounds in the deepest WR class in some time.

My biggest concern is the edge and corner positions. Each unit is mid with one guy hoping to pop (BJ Ojulari & Garrett Williams) and we won’t be getting a bonafide stud there at 27/35 like we are with WR at 4.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The pass catching unit will be better unless ppl want to keep pretending Hollywood Brown & Rondale Moore were some kind of studs here. The Cards own the first 3 rounds in the deepest WR class in some time.
So we're going to use all of our top draft assets at WR? You really can't expect anyone short of Marv to be making major contributions as a rookie WR. Nobody late in the first should be penciled in as a WR2.
My biggest concern is the edge and corner positions. Each unit is mid with one guy hoping to pop (BJ Ojulari & Garrett Williams) and we won’t be getting a bonafide stud there at 27/35 like we are with WR at 4.
We have a lot of holes to fill, and are apparently happy to try and fill them all in the draft. Monti better be a hell of a drafter. Last year makes me wonder.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
So we're going to use all of our top draft assets at WR? You really can't expect anyone short of Marv to be making major contributions as a rookie WR. Nobody late in the first should be penciled in as a WR2.

We have a lot of holes to fill, and are apparently happy to try and fill them all in the draft. Monti better be a hell of a drafter. Last year makes me wonder.

Given his chemistry with Kyler I expect McBride to have a breakout year. I expect MHJ to be the real deal. Dortch is a reliable slot guy and Wilson made enough plays to think he can play at this level but he needs to stay healthy. Draft another guy on day 2.

I looked at the stats of the Divisional Round teams from last year and only SF’s #3 receiving option had north of 700 receiving yards. We need to draft a stud and let the young guys develop.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Given his chemistry with Kyler I expect McBride to have a breakout year. I expect MHJ to be the real deal. Dortch is a reliable slot guy and Wilson made enough plays to think he can play at this level but he needs to stay healthy. Draft another guy on day 2.

I looked at the stats of the Divisional Round teams from last year and only SF’s #3 receiving option had north of 700 receiving yards. We need to draft a stud and let the young guys develop.
One injury and we have a MAC conference WR room, or worse. With everyone healthy, we are woefully short in the WR room which allows for double teams galore. We can't just add one guy, no matter how good he is, to this room. The "young guys" you want to develop are the old guys we signed this year and last year. They're our bottom of the roster depth.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Man, you guys act like we can't do anything unless we have star studded stars at every position. Smh
This is a joke, right? We don't have stars, any, or high impact players. Any. Kyler can be that guy, but isn't consistent enough. JC can be that guy, but is often injured. Maybe McBride develops into a star? On defense, BB can be that guy, but the numbers don't make him a Big John.

We're not asking for a team full of stars. We're asking for a team to finally have a star or two.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

If you feel Kyler is the key to winning, the WR room is a big concern. I do agree the draft will add some takent. I also agree EDGE and CB are still areas of concern.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Man, you guys act like we can't do anything unless we have star studded stars at every position. Smh
Hell, it would be nice to have average players at every position. Here are you above average players on the entire team:

Budda
Jalen
Kyler
McBride
Conner

YOU CAN'T WIN WITH MOSTLY AVERAGE AT BEST TO BELOW AVERAGE PLAYERS.

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Also the DT position is upgraded but I don’t know that it is even a league average unit.
If everyone is below average to average at best on the D-line, the sum will be better than the parts?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell, it would be nice to have average players at every position. Here are you above average players on the entire team:

Budda
Deonte
Kyler
McBride
Conner

YOU CAN'T WIN WITH MOSTLY AVERAGE AT BEST TO BELOW AVERAGE PLAYERS.
Who.is Deonte?