Lakers @ Suns Sunday game thread 2-25-2024

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
98.7 is preaching the play in. Get the 7 or 8 and play the Thunder or T Wolves rather than Denver / Clippers.
While that would be a better match-up, also very risky. What if Book/Beal/KD are out for one game.

If we are going to get to the finals, we have to play Denver or the Clippers at some point.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jockeying for the play-in where we might have to start with Dallas, who owns us, wouldn’t be very smart. Especially because assuming a loss, the next game would be do or die against either the Lakers or Warriors, both of whom the NBA would be salivating to get into the playoffs over us.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see thinking about it with 3 or 4 games left and the top two seeds locked in. But this is way too early.
Correct. Way too much time left.

And who knows, if one or more of the four top teams have injuries themselves, they could plummet

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love it. The Lakers are complaining about the lack of foul calls. Welcome to the rest of the NBA.

Maybe the Lakers didn't whine enough... oh wait, they did.

By Dave McMenamin, ESPN Staff Writer:

While James was exasperated, his coach, Darvin Ham, was angered.

"I'm not one to use referees as an excuse," Ham said. "But it's becoming increasingly tough because of the inconsistency. I'm seeing our guys get the same contact on them as we're supposedly committing. And the whistle is not being blown."

--------------------------------------------

"We live on getting to the line. We attack the basket," Davis said. "Especially how much we struggle from the 3, we're kind of up and down, so we try to live in the paint and get to the line. I'm not sure if it was just the refs missing it or they weren't fouling. I felt I got fouled a couple of times. But that's part of our identity, our DNA, is getting to the line and guys catching rhythms like that and then playing from there."

1982baskets

Veteran
Reaction score
I rather play the best playoff proven team, even in the first round, because it would give us a good idea of where this team is vs them. We need to think longterm. There's no route to a title without having to go through some elite proven playoff teams.

That said, only the Nuggets are that team. In the West, Clippers/Thunder/Wolves are all teams that have not been to the Finals, or won the West. The one team you probably want to avoid in round 1 is Denver. They have the championship experience. They have the Denver altitude advantage. Homecourt.

My hopes for this team this season were not beyond making the playoffs. There just has been way too many injuries and inconsistencies for a first year formation of Beal, with KD/Book. We're hoping to catch fire at the right time in April. Overall as a season, we just haven't been one of the the best teams in the league. We're more like top 6 in the West, top 10 in the league.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love it. The Lakers are complaining about the lack of foul calls. Welcome to the rest of the NBA.
Ironic since the Suns are among the teams who take more foul shots per game than the Lakers and are also known to whine about free throw disparity quite a bit. ;)

You must be registered for see images attach

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
KD repeating the word "leadership" multiple times in the interview. Hmmmmm.
This was in response to Charles Barkley's comments. KD can be thin skinned at times.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ironic since the Suns are among the teams who take more foul shots per game than the Lakers and are also known to whine about free throw disparity quite a bit. ;)

It wasn't that long ago, this forum would light up every game with Monty's teams not getting any FT attempts in a half or the FT disparity being huge. That all changed after getting Durant. We skyrocketed up the latter for FT attempts. I think it also carries over to other players once fouls start coming your way. We have zero to complain about here most nights.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wasn't that long ago, this forum would light up every game with Monty's teams not getting any FT attempts in a half or the FT disparity being huge. That all changed after getting Durant. We skyrocketed up the latter for FT attempts. I think it also carries over to other players once fouls start coming your way. We have zero to complain about here most nights.
That hasn’t really changed on this board. We have plenty of folks complaining here most nights about the league hating the suns/referees.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think anyone draws more attention to himself about a foul than Lebron. It's about time the Suns get some calls.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That hasn’t really changed on this board. We have plenty of folks complaining here most nights about the league hating the suns/referees.
Yeah I call bull on that. Most nights it's the Suns beating themselves now, no matter how valid the Ref thing USED to be.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone draws more attention to himself about a foul than Lebron. It's about time the Suns get some calls.
LeBron is gonna LeBron. The craziest stat was that it was the first time ever in AD's career (rookie season was 2012) that he played 40+ minutes in an NBA game and did not earn a single trip to the foul line.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So other times he was just GIVEN trips to the foul line...
Not what I am saying. He's a huge guy who drives to the rim a lot and usually gets hacked along the way. Obviously, not every foul is called, but his entire career at least one call has been made each game where he's played extended minutes. He isn't a flopper like LBJ.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard