OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Only my opinion, but once the Suns improve their player rotation, I think a lot of their 4th quarter woes will go away.

I'm counting on the Suns adding a couple of players via trade or free agency that will strengthen their bench.

Damion Lee returning would help as well.

The Suns don't get much from Little, Bol Bol, Watanabe and Goodwin.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, as it stands today, the Suns couldn't get by the Clippers. They have a deeper team.

With Zubac injured, Mason Plumlee has stepped up at center and they haven't missed a beat. They should get Zubac back later this season and they also have Theis.

Also, they have Norman Powell and Westbrook on the bench.
Clippers are playing the best of any team in the league.

I really do not think the Suns can beat them unless they suffer some injuries. Especially because I think Ty Lou can coach circles around Vogel.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Only my opinion, but once the Suns improve their player rotation, I think a lot of their 4th quarter woes will go away.

I'm counting on the Suns adding a couple of players via trade or free agency that will strengthen their bench.

Damien Lee will not help - at all. He couldn't get time at the end of the last year with that sorry bench and he won't get any now.

Bol Bol has about a 1000% better chance of making an impact than Lee - and that is still a slim chance.

Goodwin needs to get time again, he was in a shooting slump, but he has looked much better in the garbage time he has gotten recently.

Little is getting traded, but honestly I think he has the most potential of any of our bench players.

If we get one legit rotation player we will be lucky - the team is not going to be much different after the deadline.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
They are literally #9 in the 1st, #6 in the 2nd and #2 in the 3rd through the entire season. What they are doing is unprecedented, in almost every GAME they've gone out to big leads and let the other teams come back. The Kings game was an anomaly because we were getting our butt kicked the whole game and then just destroyed them in the 4th. That's the exact opposite of most of our other games!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

I really do not think the Suns can beat them unless they suffer some injuries. Especially because I think Ty Lou can coach circles around Vogel.

I think the Clippers are the best team in the NBA right now.

The Suns will need to improve their roster to have a chance to beat them in the playoffs.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm really hoping the Clippers end up on the opposite side of the playoff picture so a potential meeting between us wouldn't happen before the Western Conference Finals. I don't like our chances but I think 2 physical playoff series will probably knock out one of their stars. I'd rather face Denver in round 2, ideally Denver and the Clippers will beat each other up.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
At this point, i think the Clippers on paper are the best team in the NBA. But I'm not going to worry about it right now. Once the playoffs come around, the Suns are either going to be decimated with injuries or a juggernaut that is better than what we are today.

I anticipate both teams to be a bit different come June, for good or not, I don't know. But i"m not going to worry about the Clippers for now.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Damien Lee will not help - at all. He couldn't get time at the end of the last year with that sorry bench and he won't get any now.

Bol Bol has about a 1000% better chance of making an impact than Lee - and that is still a slim chance.

Goodwin needs to get time again, he was in a shooting slump, but he has looked much better in the garbage time he has gotten recently.

Little is getting traded, but honestly I think he has the most potential of any of our bench players.

If we get one legit rotation player we will be lucky - the team is not going to be much different after the deadline.

I disagree about Damion Lee because he shot .455 from three last season. The Suns can use another knock down shooter. Of course, it's up to the coach to use him.

We will have to wait and see what Bol Bol can do. He is still mostly an unknown with Phoenix.

I like Goodwin's defense, but he is not a good outside shooter which limits his play.

I've been waiting on Little, however, the Suns need to win now, not later.

I'm hoping the Suns can get at least a couple of players that can help, minimally, like Royce O'Neale and Bismack Biyombo.

Of course, I hope for something better. The buyout or trade market might offer some surprises.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I disagree about Damion Lee because he shot .455 from three last season. The Suns can use another knock down shooter. Of course, it's up to the coach to use him.

We will have to wait and see what Bol Bol can do. He is still mostly an unknown with Phoenix.

I like Goodwin's defense, but he is not a good outside shooter which limits his play.

I've been waiting on Little, however, the Suns need to win now, not later.

I'm hoping the Suns can get at least a couple of players that can help, minimally, like Royce O'Neale and Bismack Biyombo.

Of course, I hope for something better. The buyout or trade market might offer some surprises.

So who are you cutting to add buyout type players? I think Lee is a strong candidate for that. Yuta is probably on the bubble as well. Even with his rejuvenated play I wouldn't count out Bol Bol either since he can't stay healthy.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
So who are you cutting to add buyout type players? I think Lee is a strong candidate for that. Yuta is probably on the bubble as well. Even with his rejuvenated play I wouldn't count out Bol Bol either since he can't stay healthy.

Hopefully the Suns can work out a trade. Some of the minimum players have player options for next season.

The players I could do without are Little, Bol Bol, Watanabe and Goodwin.

Little is on a muti-year contract so he would need to be traded.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I wonder if the Bridges buzz has died out. I haven't heard any of that at all this week.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Suns have been on their level for the last 10-15 games or so. If we can ever cut down the turnovers we could even surpass their level.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Devin Booker makes the Western Conference All-Star team as a reserve.

He is a four time All-Star.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Glad Booker made it without controversy. The league needs to expand the All-Star roster though, it's long overdue. They should have 13 man rosters, at least, but a case can be made for 15 since regular games allow 15 active players now.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Glad Booker made it without controversy. The league needs to expand the All-Star roster though, it's long overdue. They should have 13 man rosters, at least, but a case can be made for 15 since regular games allow 15 active players now.

I agree, the All-Star roster should be expanded. Perhaps it could limit reserves if it went to fifteen players.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns have been on their level for the last 10-15 games or so. If we can ever cut down the turnovers we could even surpass their level.
The last 10-15 games, we’ve lost 5 games. The Clippers have lost 5 games the last 28 games.

We ain’t at their level right now.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Seems like the talent is a little unbalanced with the west having the majority

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last 10-15 games, we’ve lost 5 games. The Clippers have lost 5 games the last 28 games.

This. Suns are a tier below The Clippers right now. There is the Clippers and Nuggets in Tier 1 by themselves IMO.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Lost 5 in our last 15, but 2 in our last 11 (same as them). We are without a doubt playing better as the season progresses and in recent weeks just about matching their level. The thing separating the two teams has been turnovers.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seems like the talent is a little unbalanced with the west having the majority

I disagree. I think the East has just as much talent or All-Star caliber players but the West has more veteran stars vs up and coming stars in the East. Also I'd say there's stronger contention for the guard spots in the East vs the West where as the forwards in the West are superior to the East.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree. I think the East has just as much talent or All-Star caliber players but the West has more veteran stars vs up and coming stars in the East. Also I'd say there's stronger contention for the guard spots in the East vs the West where as the forwards in the West are superior to the East.

Agreed. There’s pretty good balance in the league right now and has been for a couple years.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Hopefully the Suns can work out a trade. Some of the minimum players have player options for next season.

The players I could do without are Little, Bol Bol, Watanabe and Goodwin.

Little is on a muti-year contract so he would need to be traded.
Goodwin needs to play more, im done with KD and Book bringing the ball up, they make it look hard. Beal and Goowdin should run the point. They seem to trust Nurkic to be point center like a poor mans Joker

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It’s bad roster construction/ coaching. It’s painful to watch.

Those role players aren’t gonna help.