Our franchise QB

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Kyler needs a real QB coach. Even in a clean pocket his footwork is absolutely atrocious. He needs someone to teach him about going through progressions. He desperately needs someone to teach him about defenses and reading coverages. With the way he's playing it's hard to imagine him being good in any offense. His lack of improvement in these areas is a testament to how bad of a QB "whisperer" KK really is.
In all fairness, KK is the head coach responsible for the entire team and all the coaches plus he is the offensive coordinator, and he is in over his head. He does not have time for full-time 1 on 1 with Kyler. There are other coaches on the team too. If he were just the QB coach or the OC, then it would be more on him.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honest question if the mechanics are so terrible and the reason for his regression? why wasn’t it affecting his accuracy for the first 2.6 seasons like it is the last year .4 of last year and so far this year?

It’s the same coaching so why wasn’t the same issue there why is it getting worse?

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Honest question if the mechanics are so terrible and the reason for his regression? why wasn’t it affecting his accuracy for the first 2.6 seasons like it is the last year .4 of last year and so far this year?

It’s the same coaching so why wasn’t the same issue there why is it getting worse?
I guess a similar reason why SB Champs struggle the following year, even missing the playoffs entirely. Just to a lesser degree here.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess a similar reason why SB Champs struggle the following year, even missing the playoffs entirely. Just to a lesser degree here.
2.6 years though Is a long time with ****** coaching to not start regressing in fact he was improving each season and then all of a sudden out of nowhere he hit this abyss of regression???

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
2.6 years though Is a long time with ****** coaching to not start regressing in fact he was improving each season and then all of a sudden out of nowhere he hit this abyss of regression???

It's tough to maintain success. It's tough in the NFL period. The time, effort, and or success in staying "ahead" of the game is lacking on all fronts.

I highly doubt Brady stopped finding ways to improve afte his 1st, 3rd, 5th SB etc. We hit that "lightning in a bottle," but the cap has come loose.

There's a lot lacking in this team from the top all the way down. Problems are spilling over. It's tough to come back from that. The offseason is a time to reset, but this most recent one was disastrous. Something is all wrong behind the scenes. Now we are in a boiling pot and can't get out.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t think the problem is/was Murray I think this organization has failed him.

He was 100% the right pick to make. He’s probably as naturally talented as any Arizona QB ever. He’s had games and moments that made you just say wow.

However he’s not getting better.

Barkley has talked about the importance of veteran leadership on teams. They were talking about the Kings a team with a ton of young talent but they just weren’t winning and he said they don’t know how. Nobody is there to show those guys how to be and act like pros.

He was crediting Moses Malone with taking him under his wing cause when he got to the NBA he thought he could just get by on natural talent and he didn’t know all the extra work that came with being a pro. The young guy can’t lead another young guy they don’t know.

He came to us with a ton of talent and we have not taken the steps to develop and nurture that talent. Who did we give him? Kliff and SK are you kidding me?

after last year a message absolutely had to be sent and what did this organization do? Extend Kliff. Bruh

You need to fire that guy MONDAY. Show Kyler show the team this isn’t a joke.

We’ve failed him

Come on man.

He's playing the WORST football of his career in year 4 and the org has failed him? How as it failed him more than than last years 11-6 team?

Kyler is awful all on his own. People need to stop trying to find outside reasons for Kyler being garbage and just accept he's independently garbage. His mechanics are crap. His understanding of defenses is crap. His progressions don't exist. His decision making his crap. His body language and leadership is crap. His ownership and responsibility are crap.

If I'm making any change to this team it's benching Kyler.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Franchise QB is asking for help. Atleast, I am OK for him to admit I am a deer looking at headlights help me help you at the coach publicly.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He can only help himself.

The only person that can help him is Kyler. He's this bad because he isn't putting the work in to be better. It's that simple.

When you have his talent but this level of performance the only reason is lack of preparation.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I fully believe Kyler has been terrible this year and needs to take lots of blame for what's happened but I also don't believe it's coincidence that we have 3 points in the first quarter in 6 games, I think the offense runs better once we're not in the scripted plays. I think its' Kliffs' job to fix that, improve the practices, call plays Kyler can execute, both. The first drive today was way better but because of 2 plays an RPO that Kyler took for 42 yards, and a 2 yard pass to Rondale that he took for 26 by making 2 guys miss, better coaching but not exactly scheming things wide open just 2 really good plays.

We should have scored a TD on that drive Kyler messed up the 3rd down play but that was after again Kliff messed up the 2nd down play trying to get cute.

I'm tired of sitting in my living room calling the plays before they happen.

The scripted plays thing is taken out of proportion.

Scripted plays are just a mini playbook. A subset of the full playbook that you think will work well against what you have seen from the defense on film.

It's not an actual script. It's just a select few plays you practiced a bit more to try get off to a decent start.

I'd argue that in this particular game having nothing in there that targeted Ertz against a team that sucks against TE's wasn't great. But then it's down to Kyler who he targets not the play call.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Exactly.

This is being conveniently ignored. I'm seeing a lot of blame being thrown at Kliff and "coaching" that ignores the fact that neither has changed.

It's the same coaching that Kyler had last year when we were 7-0. Or maybe Kliff did some Extra Good (TM) coaching last year which he forgot?

We have seen progress from Kyler every year and now he takes a step back it's Kliff and coaching?

Maybe, just maybe, it's just Kyler? Maybe he phoned it in all offseason while he was waiting for his pay day. Maybe on getting paid he thought "I've made it. Let's play same COD".

Maybe he's just not a very good leader who takes ownership of this offense. Because that's what he's showing us on the field.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Simple question.

We know, and we have seen it from good quarterbacks we had here like Warner and Palmer, that to be a good QB in this league you have to live and breath the job 24/7 during the season.

If you are not practicing officially then your staying behind to throw more with your receivers. You're are either studying film at practice or your studying it at home. You do everything possible to go into Sunday as prepared as can be. Stafford and Kupp have breakfast club at 5am where they study film with anyone else who wants to show up. This is especially so for a young, single QB with a lot still to prove.

Does anyone here really believe Kyler is doing any of that? Anyone?

And as I don't believe anyone could possibly really think that is happening why would you blame anything else?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
OK but none of the HIGH picks have developed. I don't think you become a SB team in the NFL by developing mid round picks or FA guys you do it by developing picks in the first 3 rounds and filling in with others.

Look at McBride has a nice game against Carolina, 3 catches, and I don't think he's had a target the last 2 weeks. I get you want to throw to Ertz and Hollywood and getting Rondale back has changed some things but yet another example of a high pick on offense so far being completely squandered by Kliff.

Kyler certainly gets lots of blame for his bad play but look at who we have developing him, Kliff who never won in college even with Mahomes, and young unproven assistants. Kyler has LOTS of work to do but I have zero confidence that Kliff and his staff are the right guys to coach him.

I fully expect to lose to the Saints on Thur and IF you're going to make a move that's when you do it with more time between games. We have a late bye this year I for one don't want to have to play 12 games before they move on from Kliff if it's inevitable and it appears to me it is.
I'm not putting McBride on KK at this time. I noticed him once yesterday for screwing the team over. He's a rookie TE who had little camp action. Let's not pretend he's some secret weapon we're not utilizing.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To add insult to injury it now looks like Hollywood is going to miss multiple weeks because Kyler underthrew a pass and Woolen landed on his ankle.

Hollywood couldn't even walk off the field and is almost certainly out on Thursday if not for multiple weeks.

This may be my fault as I did joke that it was guaranteed he would get hurt in game 6 before Nuk came back.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

His mechanics have always been terrible. Remember a lot of those bombs last year were back-foot throws with him cringing away from contact that got there because of his arm strength. He's at his best when the play breaks down for a reason.

In my mind, he's a guy that can on occasion get a hot hand when everything is going right around him. He had his ultimate hot streak last year and will never see that level of play again.

FXMaster

Reaction score
Yup and we are seeing the results of this. He needs to work with someone like Jordan Palmer.

He obviously doesnt listen to Colt who was brought in as veteran mentor. J Palmer isnt going to help.

Year 1,2 he was confident in his running ability, and so was his receivers. Now he is not, and neither are they.
Funny thing happens to weak minded people when they figure out how much work and sacrifice and accountability
is required.

Read an article a while back about McSorley saying he was emulating McCoy.....Wonder why???

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson