The Ayton Plan

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Ayton for Turner straight up is a failed trade by the Suns. I think everyone on the forum knows this.
Indiana loves Ayton and don't want to compensate the Suns fairly. Do the Suns have to just settle for a injury prone & lower rebounding Turner with only 1 year left and the only upside for the Suns is paying Turner $18 million instead of paying Ayton his max of $30 million and having a expiring contract? I'm still saying you want Ayton sweeten the offer. But I guess the Suns don't see Ayton as ever becoming a maturing player while reaching his potential ,as a better serious player even if they gave him a Max deal as it would handcuff them. Too bad it didn't work out as sometimes you have to move on. I'll always follow the Suns but the Pelicans, Grizzlies, and Pacers will have my attention this year as I like their direction & moves. Suns will always disappoint. A championship always seems beyond their grasp.

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The suns are coming off two seasons where they were essentially the beat regular season (they only trailed utah by one game the season before) and a trip to the finals and i truly believe we are about to experience one of the worst offseasons in suns history. Ridiculous.

Which is why the front office should Just Say No. Yes, the collapse at the end of last season was epic and horrifying, but an overreaction is going to be worse. Fans of other teams are hoping that the Suns blow it up. That should be reason enough to put on the brakes.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I still can’t really conceptualize the fact that the suns aren’t keeping Ayton. And that they are going to be on the losing side of any deal for him. It’s freaking crazy.
Yeah… it’s not good.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo is saying he is hearing offer sheet not trade for Ayton.

Damn it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My hope is the Suns are letting the Pacers do all the work and they match the offer sheet.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just FYI, Myles Turner's 13 ppg and 7 rpg is about the same as Hot Rod Williams' last season in Cleveland.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you guys new here?

Welcome to Phoenix
Pull up a lawn chair and grab a tub of lube, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.
I think we all know. Now that you said it out loud you screwed us. LOL.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I think a lot of you need to let go of the mistaken belief that the person really calling the shots on all of this cares A) about improving the team, and B) about winning in general. Sorry to be Captain Bringdown.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of you need to let go of the mistaken belief that the person really calling the shots on all of this cares A) about improving the team, and B) about winning in general. Sorry to be Captain Bringdown.

It feels this way but the extension the Suns gave Bridges and Booker plus the new contract for Chris Paul says different.

I'm not saying there is not a flip side to the coin but the Suns have showed they are willing to spend when they feel like it.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man, I still can’t really conceptualize the fact that the suns aren’t keeping Ayton. And that they are going to be on the losing side of any deal for him. It’s freaking crazy.
They don't have to be. To me that would be a choice.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Indiana does the offer sheet and the Suns let him walk? My gosh. Thos board is going to be scorching.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way are they stupid enough to let that happen. There is just no way.

But on the other hand, Indiana should know that - which makes me worried.

If the Pacers do an offer sheet for Ayton, I think it means they have given up on a sign-and-trade. James Jones may want too much.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Pacers do an offer sheet for Ayton, I think it means they have given up on a sign-and-trade. James Jones may want too much.
It means they have given up trying to actually acquire him and are actively trying to screw the Suns.

Not a good move for future relations.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones would seemingly be down to his last card then unless he plans on matching. His only move would be to try and convince Indiana he is matching.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson